Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Let's talk ovens

1,102 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
newhowdyag2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are remodeling the kitchen soon and I need advice on ovens, specifically double stacked wall ovens. I do a lot of baking (run a low carb sweets business alongside my personal training) and have read electric may be the preferred option due to the "dry heat". I currently use a little counter top electric oven and do like it. However, I like the gas for general cooking as well.

What do you bakers use and recommend? Also, I want to be able to use both ovens at once and have foods baking on multiple layers but all getting the same heat (assume convection takes care of this).
HTownAg98
I would go electric over gas, but my experience is only with cheap ovens. My gas oven has terrible hot spots.
aggiespartan
AG
We have the kitchen aid electric double wall over, and I love it. There is a lower model and a higher model. We have the higher model. It works great and has convection in both ovens. Plus the windows are huge. You can see the full inside.
AlaskanAg99
AG
When we bought an older home we ran gas to the range top but kept the double ovens electric. We bought kitchaide, and widened the opening so we could fit a larger model in there. The wife bakes and the top one is convection while the lower is not. We use the lower maybe 4x per year. Not applicable to you, but the wife loves to bake and she didn't want gas run there as well.
aggiespartan
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

When we bought an older home we ran gas to the range top but kept the double ovens electric. We bought kitchaide, and widened the opening so we could fit a larger model in there. The wife bakes and the top one is convection while the lower is not. We use the lower maybe 4x per year. Not applicable to you, but the wife loves to bake and she didn't want gas run there as well.
I think that's the difference in their top model and the one right below it - their top model has convection in both ovens.

I bake a lot, but we use both ovens pretty regularly for other things as well. I bake with both ovens going pretty regularly too.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Def worth it to go to the higher model. Our lower oven usually stores baking items and pans.

The other nice thing about the kitchen aide is the full support sliders. I can't remember if that was in all the ovens we looked at but a very handy feature. I rarely use it but I do enjoy the quality.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.