Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

To say I'm proud of these is an understatement

3,559 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Oogway
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
amanda04
AG
Wow...the color and shading on these is amazing!! Great job!!
End Of Message
UndergroundAg
Very nice, I especially like the succulent!
Duncan Idaho
Damn girl
biobioprof
La Fours
AG
Wow, that's some amazing work.
JFrench
AG
That geode or whatevrr you call those rocks looks awesome. Great idea.

Whats backstory? You do these for fun? Ive clicked on few links before and everything ive seen always looks great.
aggiespartan
AG
JFrench said:

That geode or whatevrr you call those rocks looks awesome. Great idea.

Whats backstory? You do these for fun? Ive clicked on few links before and everything ive seen always looks great.
I have a home bakery on the side. It started out as a hobby and evolved.
K2T2
These are amazing! I love the succulent, the geode, and the flowers on the skull!
notheranymore
They look like porcelain! WOW!
notheranymore
Where are you based?
aggiespartan
AG
prisschris said:

Where are you based?
I'm in Oregon.
notheranymore
Oh snap, that's far.
JFrench
AG
Congrats on the success. Enjoy seeing the pictures as well.
Decay
AG
How much time does it take to make a cookie like that? How much do people pay for it?

I'd hate to spend a ton of time to make something look awesome and have someone only want to pay a buck for it because it's just food, you know?
aggiespartan
AG
Decay said:

How much time does it take to make a cookie like that? How much do people pay for it?

I'd hate to spend a ton of time to make something look awesome and have someone only want to pay a buck for it because it's just food, you know?
My prices start at $36 a dozen and go up depending on design/size. Most of my sets have a mix of detailed cookies and more simple cookies. If someone wants to pay $1/cookie, they aren't getting it from me. The time really varies on the design.

You sort of have to think of it like a custom cake. You aren't going to pay the same thing for a cake from a bespoke bakery versus a cake from the grocery store.
Sazerac
AG
i'd feel bad eating any of those.
MooreTrucker
AG
They all look really cool, but the "find bliss" one is amazing!
aggiespartan
AG
I'm thinking about donating a similar set for our Muster silent auction, but the last time I donated A&M cookies and it was a big disappointment. Someone just bid what I said the price was (which I set too low), and nobody else bid on them.
jgh85Ag
AG
Even $3 per cookie seems low for that quality of work.
Josepi
AG
Very impressive!

What's the name of your business? My wife has a home bakery in Texas that is in the same vein as your cookies. It has completely taken over her life.
bam02
AG
Great job! Those are incredible!
aggiespartan
AG
Josepi said:

Very impressive!

What's the name of your business? My wife has a home bakery in Texas that is in the same vein as your cookies. It has completely taken over her life.
Gingerhead Cookies.

Cookie Con will be again in 18 months. Tell her to look it up and start saving up for it.
Josepi
AG
Your work really is amazing.

My wife talked about attending Cookie Con, and she showed me pictures of several people that she follows on FB/Instagram. I'm not sure why she didn't pull the trigger. Have you been before? Is it fun?

Anyways, her business is On A Lark Creations (Only FB and Instagram pages). I'm sure y'all follow a lot of the same people.
aggiespartan
AG
Josepi said:

Your work really is amazing.

My wife talked about attending Cookie Con, and she showed me pictures of several people that she follows on FB/Instagram. I'm not sure why she didn't pull the trigger. Have you been before? Is it fun?

Anyways, her business is On A Lark Creations (Only FB and Instagram pages). I'm sure y'all follow a lot of the same people.
This was my second Cookie Con. It's a lot of fun. You get to learn a lot of new stuff and see products demoed and of course meet people with a common interest. Plus all the vendors are there with sales going on. There were 450 attendees this time and they had a wait list of about 150 by the time the conference started.

If you're in Texas, I believe it's pretty easy to get a business going, but they limit to who you can sell to out of your house. That being said, I know people that don't follow the rules and sell on the internet or to businesses.
biobioprof
aggiespartan said:

Josepi said:

Very impressive!

Gingerhead Cookies.

Cookie Con will be again in 18 months. Tell her to look it up and start saving up for it.
I found your website, Spartan. I can't get anything to load when I click on "Discover more" on the gorgeous pics in the slideshow. Looks like you're doing more on facebook?

The pics of the meringues you've posted there are amazing.
aggiespartan
AG
Thanks! The website is an ongoing work in progress. I didn't think that link was showing - I'll try to get that fixed. If I can transition into a bigger business, I'm definitely going to make the website a focus. I have more on instagram too - there's an underscore between the two words in the name.
Oogway
Those cookies are beautiful, I think my favorite is the 'Bliss,' but they are all great. When I think of how a long time ago bakeries would have their window displays filled with their wares to tempt customers it is amazing that we can now see bakeries all over the world (and be just as tempted!)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.