Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Your best recipe?

3,301 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FlyFish95
JRizzle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lets start a thread where everyone posts their favorite homemade recipes - regardless of food type or ethnicity.

Mine:

Marinated Loin Flap

Mix 1/2c Soy, 1/2c water, 1/2c brown sugar, 1 green onion chopped, 2tbsp sesame oil, black pepper, and 1 tbsp sriracha.

Marinate loin flap in above mixture for 6-24 hours and grill over coal to medium rare. Serve over rice, on a salad, or in a soft bun with some shredded lettuce and mayo.

JR

K2T2
JRizzle said:

Loin Flap
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's a secret
nonag97
Slow Cooker Carnitas

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt, or more, to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 pound pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 onions, quartered
2 oranges, juiced
2 limes, juiced

Directions:

1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Season pork shoulder with spice mixture, rubbing in thoroughly on all sides.
2. Place garlic, onions, orange juice, lime juice and seasoned pork shoulder into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
3. Remove pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices; season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to broil. Place carnitas onto a baking sheet and broil until crisp and crusted, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.

Full disclosure, not my recipe, but the one I make that everyone always wants more of.
Recipe courtesy of http://damndelicious.net/
SaltwaterAg17
AG
3 Fingers Bourbon
3 Rocks
Punked Shank
AG
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
1/2 lb chorizo
Bacon

Brown meats

Add flour and milk to texturize
Add salt and pepper to taste

Throw in mixed cheese as needed.

Serve with biscuits.

chipotle
I dip my fries in a chocolate frosty
Icecream_Ag
S
1 lb sausage
1 lb ground beef (anything but super lean works)
1 yellow onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or equivalent amount if you have homemade)
1 can rotel tomatoes and green chilis
1 tbsp granulated garlic powder
1 lb velveeta

sweat onions until soft then add and brown meat
strain meat and onions and put soup, garlic powder and rotel in pot over medish heat
add meat and onions to pot
cube and stir in velveeta

once processed cheese is melted scoop into bowls and eat with your favorite tortilla chips (i prefer scoops)
RedlineAg08
Beef Tenderloin seasoned generously with salt/pepper/garlic/rosemary/thyme. Use the large rick salt or something similar.

Set in fridge overnight.l and the salt nearly melts to create a crust around the meat.

Heat grill to 600+ and rotate the tenderloin until it has a nice crust, remove and reduce heat, put back on to finish med rare.

Start melting butter, garlic, and rosemary in a pan. When the tenderloin is done pour all over and let sit 15mins.

Serve with whatever you like on the side.

Also just made this chicken panini for lunch that rocked my pants off.
74Ag17
74Ag17
Baby back ribs slow cooked at 225 degrees with smoke. Low and slow. Baste the last thirty minutes with KC type tomatoe based Sweet and heat sauce. Good ribs are hard to beat...
aeroag14
AG
I have a few.

Probably the best is beef fajitas.

Take a 1.0-1.5 lb flank steak (and before you "flank steak isn't real fajitas" crowd chime in, you can stfu. Flank steak is a better cut of meat that works better in a tortilla in my opinion so suck it) and marinate overnight.

Marinade:
-Salt
-Pepper (fresh ground, obviously, 40-50 cranks, I like a lot of pepper)
-Few cloves of fresh garlic
-Olive oil
-Red wine vinegar
-Soy Sauce
-Juice of 2-3 limes

Grill on medium high-high until medium rare. Brushing each side of the meat with marinade between turns.
Sooner Born
Nice grilled beef tacos! Love those!
FlyFish95
I have my own twist on a chicken and sausage gumbo that uses smoked ham hocks, Worcestershire, and a couple of other things I shall not name.
jgh85Ag
AG
You need to be on the don't share secrets thread.
FlyFish95
jgh85Ag said:

You need to be on the don't share secrets thread.
That was kind of a joke. Not much more to it than what I listed aside from using a few extra spices you don't normally see used in traditional gumbo recipes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.