Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Riverwalk

2,635 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Know1
bkag9824
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recommended places to eat dinner? Years since I've been, too many choices.
True Anomaly
AG
Just came from there this weekend for a conference- I have several colleagues that prefer Boudro's, and after trying it I can see why. It's pretty decent Cajun spot with good seafood. But, when talking about Riverwalk restaurants, I think you have to take everything with a grain of salt.
jah003
S
Venture off the beaten path and try Ocho. Acenar is pretty solid as well...
End Of Message
AG
Go to Pearl or Southtown. Riverwalk is trash.
slappy
AG
I don't normally take visitors to the Riverwalk to eat.

With that said, Boudros is good. Biga on the Banks gets good reviews but I've never been there.
The Milkman
AG
I really liked Boudros the one time I went. Has a nice smokey flavor to in alot of dishes
Texmid
AG
Bohanan's or The Palm. Not on the Riverwalk, but very close.
bkag9824
AG
Thanks errbody
BQ78
AG
Tried to get in before the Riverwalk is trash but couldn't make it.
aeroag14
AG
Recently ate at Bella's on the River and enjoyed it.

My only complaint was that it was a little loud inside. If the weather is nice it may be worth sitting outside.
Know1
AG
Bohanan's is legit...a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed. We tried Schilo's Delicatessen while we were there last month and it was pretty good.
Potcake
AG
Both of those are great, at opposite ends of price spectrum.
Matsui
AG
Any place in the pearl complex
Acenar
Boudros
Paesanos
JYDog90
AG
Isn't there a Mexican place on the Riverwalk?
Potcake
AG
Azucar in Southtown is good too.
txags92
AG
willie wonka said:

Isn't there a Mexican place on the Riverwalk?

Riverwalk Mexican is like a caricature of Mexican food drawn by somebody from Iowa. If you want good Mexican food near downtown, go to Rosarios in Southtown or La Fonda on Main north of downtown.
JYDog90
AG
For us it's La Margarita or Mi Tierra.
End Of Message
AG
Hit up The Cookhouse--Cajun/creole. It's damn amazing.
Birddog
AG
Stacy_L_Jones said:

Bohanan's is legit...a bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed. We tried Schilo's Delicatessen while we were there last month and it was pretty good.
Schilo's Root Beer is sooo good.
Know1
AG
Birddog said:

Stacy_L_Jones said:

Schilo's Root Beer is sooo good.

Agreed....had to stop myself after a couple of glasses.
Decay
AG
I enjoyed The Luxury if you're into something a little further out.
End Of Message
AG
The Luxury is on the Riverwalk, just not the part congested with tourists. Museum Reach towards Pearl is a great walk.
TX AG 88
AG
Mexican Manhattan is legit Tex-Mex, with a diner type atmosphere. They do have seating outside overlooking the river. That's the only mexican food I'd recommend on the river, and that ONLY if someone is really jonesing for mexican in particular.

Rosarios is good, but not riverwalk. Acenar is good, but upscale, i.e. unlike the "authentic San Antonio Tex-Mex" food some may want. Boudros... yes! Also Bohannans and The Palm are good in the pricey-steak-place category. However, i would pass those both up and go to The Fig Tree or The Little Rhein Steakhouse, which are actually on the river and are authentic San Antonio stalwarts. (They're sister restaurants next door to one another, so you can pick whichever menu suits you better.)

I've heard good things about Biga on the Banks, but never been there. Same with Bella's.

Paesano's isn't bad, but their Lincoln Heights location puts the river location to shame. If you just want something to eat down on the river, County Line, Landry's or even Dick's Last Resort will do.
Know1
AG
TX AG 88 said:

Mexican Manhattan is legit Tex-Mex, with a diner type atmosphere. They do have seating outside overlooking the river. That's the only mexican food I'd recommend on the river, and that ONLY if someone is really jonesing for mexican in particular.

Rosarios is good, but not riverwalk. Acenar is good, but upscale, i.e. unlike the "authentic San Antonio Tex-Mex" food some may want. Boudros... yes! Also Bohannans and The Palm are good in the pricey-steak-place category. However, i would pass those both up and go to The Fig Tree or The Little Rhein Steakhouse, which are actually on the river and are authentic San Antonio stalwarts. (They're sister restaurants next door to one another, so you can pick whichever menu suits you better.)

I've heard good things about Biga on the Banks, but never been there. Same with Bella's.

Paesano's isn't bad, but their Lincoln Heights location puts the river location to shame. If you just want something to eat down on the river, County Line, Landry's or even Dick's Last Resort will do.
We stayed at the Placio Del Rio next door to The Little Rhein Steakhouse, but opted to try Bohannan's first and then check them out on our next trip. Curious to see how they compare. What gives The Little Rhein the nod in your opinion? Thanks in advance for sharing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.