Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Eats in Brussels

1,022 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dirk Diggler
coastalaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Family and I will be in Brussels 2nd week of March. Any suggestions?
Fair Winds and Following Seas
biobioprof
Do they like mussels? Mussels and fries is a big specialty (Moules frites). Three are a lot of places that serve that in the downtown/old city part. And good little bistros all over.

There are street vendors selling Belgian waffles, usually the Liege style, which are very different from what we think of as a Belgian waffle in the US... but very good.

The chocolates are great.

I vaguely remember drinking a lot of interesting beer last time I was there... but the memories, while pleasant, are fuzzy.
barney94
AG
I once got a free vegemite sandwich from a big fella selling bread there
Bmac04
AG
Drink at Brasserie Cantillon
Potcake
AG
Yes, they like Mussels in Brussels.
CyAg
AG
Sprouts...
AggieChemist
AG
When I was in Brussels I wandered down a dark alley and ended up in a little pub that had been in continuous operation since the 1400s. I drank Trappist beers all night between three old men that had just a little more English than I had French.

There wasn't much conversation... just a lot of smiling and nodding and drinking.

I have no idea what the name of the place was, but you should find it and go there.
alabamaaggie12
AG
Treat yourself to some Neuhaus chocolate. Wonderful when it is fresh, not so much when bought in the U.S. and sitting on store shelves for a while.
Dirk Diggler
AG
Delirium Cafe..... just follow the pink elephants.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.