Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Any good food things in Salt Lake City?

1,270 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by slappy
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed there in about 2 weeks for a cookie convention. Will be staying downtown but can Uber or Lyft if someplace is worth it. Open to anything - lunch places, dinner places, breweries, bars.
TexasAgs1
Oh Mai is a definite for me every time I go to SLC. Awesome Thai joint. Their garlic butter ribeye steak banh mi is the best I've ever had. Their brisket pho is awesome as well!

For Mexican food, Red Iguana and/or El Asadero are my two favorites. Both have excellent, authentic dishes and you'll leave full. There are some really good Mexican food trucks in SLC also if you don't need the restaurant scene.

If you like sushi and/or Japanese food, Takashi is really good, and so is Naked Fish and they're both downtown.

For more traditional favorites, I usually will go to Ruth's Diner. And if I'm hungry for Italian, or an awesome deli sandwhich, I'll go to either Tony Caputo's or Moochie's.

That's all I've got. Hope it helps.

lunchbox
+1 for Ruth's Diner.

I went to a conference in SLC a couple of years ago and the few places I remember liking were
- The Copper Onion
- Caffe Molise
- The Bayou
AggieChemist
AG
I was at Ruth's Chris in SLC about 8 years ago and the two people at the table next to me ordered a t bone well done to share... with ketchup.

I laughed all the way through my med rare ribeye.
AggieChemist
AG
One of the sushi joints in SLC does a spicy hand roll challenge. Don't remember which one.
biobioprof
I don't know places, but I was reading a while ago that there's something called a Utah scone, which is completely different from the scones you would get in the UK or the ones you'd find elsewhere in the US. It's a fried dough served with honey butter.

They're on this list of Utah specialties from the SLC tribune. And apparently Hawaiian food is popular in Utah (because missionaries?).
htxag09
AG
The wife and I enjoyed The Copper Onion the last time we were out there as well.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Red Iguana is great.
Jackal99
AG
Blue Plate Diner for breakfast
Squatter's Brewery for dinner/brewery
JRizzle
AG
I love feldmans deli. Jewish deli with amazing pastrami and corned beef. Their Rachel sandwich is my favorite sandwich of all time. It is in sugar house.

Sapa downtown is great sushi also. They have all you can eat sushi for $30 before 6:30 - just order different rolls and sample. Agree with Takashi as well. My favorite brunch is whiskey street. Great bar and great breakfast food. It is right downtown as well.

Red rock brewery is better than squatters (in my opinion). Good food also. Both right downtown though.
slappy
AG
The Robin's Nest is a good sandwich shop downtown.

Whiskey Street was also good last time I was there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.