Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Serving sliced beef...

1,355 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, so I have a question for the TexAgs food board experts.

The other day we had a couple over and cooked sous vide carne asada with chimichurri sauce. It was amazing, however, a little cold. After the sous vide I seared it, about a minute each side, then let it rest, covered with foil, for a few minutes. I then sliced it against the grain and drizzled some of the chimichurri over it. By the time we ate it, it wasn't hot anymore.

So when you have some sort of steak dish that is served sliced, how do you keep it warm?
chipotle
I don't ever slice the whole thing at once. I slice per plate and the remainder gets wrapped and put in the warmer. If someone asks for seconds then I slice what I need.
HTownAg98
Serve your meat on heated plates and serving pieces. That will solve your problem.
FIDO*98*
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Serve your meat on heated plates and serving pieces. That will solve your problem.

Yep, all of my plates get a trip in the microwave before I serve food on them. I've also got some cast iron plates with wood bottoms that I'll use for steak frequently
Lucky Jack Aubrey
AG
When we make fajitas, I heat up a cast iron braising pan to 150 or so and then keep the sliced fajitas in the covered pan for serving. It keeps them warm without drying them out.
BullSprig07
AG
When you sous-vide I don't believe you need to let the meat rest as you would with conventional cooking.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Reheat any fat or juices left in the pan and pour it over the meat when you serve.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.