Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Singapore Eats / Sights

1,405 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PremierAg
keysercade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be travelling there next week and have a free day on Monday... any can't misses? I'm staying in the Marina / Raffles area. Thanks all.
Duncan Idaho
Two words.

Chilli crab.
Vernada
AG
Chili crab is good but man it's a PITA.

I love the hawker stands. Always good finds.
Texmid
AG
For sights, Orchard Towers. Or so I have heard.
Ronnie
AG
If I remember right there's a lot a touristy stuff around that area, you'll have to travel a bit to the chinatown area or another hawker stand place. You can probably find chilli crab but it wont be the best right there.
Tormentos
AG
You are by a lot of different things, 5-10 minute cab ride is going cover a majority of places for a day trip other than heading to the north of the island to go to the zoo.

I would check out Lau Pa Sat for some hawker fare. Chinese New Year is finally wrapping up and you could easily hop onto the MRT from raffles to Chinatown if you don't want to cab it...plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. If you are staying in Raffles area walk over to Chijmes one evening, plenty of bars and live bands if you are into that sort of scene. This is somewhat touristy but for a day trip I would consider one of the open top bus tours, do a quick one (no more than an hour).

I've been here for almost 9 months now and I honestly haven't had a bad meal. I live over in River Valley by Fort Canning Park so if you have any other questions let me know.

Fyi...be prepared for rain, we are getting rain almost daily this time of year.
keysercade
AG
Thanks all, heading to the airport now...
keysercade
AG
Any recs on the chilli crab? Would love to be able to walk there if possible (from Marina Mandarin). Checked out Arab / Haji / Bali and the Raffles Hotel / War Memorial areas so far and the SunTec towers for some shopping...
OCEN99
AG
The locals took me to Jumbo Seafood for chili crab. We went to the east coast location, but it looks like there's one on the south side of Clarke Quay as well.
keysercade
AG
Thanks, we are headed out for a curry tonight and to Jing on Wednesday... will try to swing for the crab on Thursday.
PremierAg
AG
Newton Circus
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.