Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Learning Home Brewing

2,822 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
sanitariex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And to each their own, my whole intention with the fridge route was in case I need to ferment two beers at once, I can split them on two shelves and go back to plastic pails, which I've done multiple times and works great. I'd hate to be limited to one beer fermenting at a time.
62strat
AG
If I had a kick ass conical, I don't think I'd revert back to buckets just so I can ferment two batches at the same time!

I'd wait the 7-10 days.

Def. to each his own there.
AlaskanAg99
AG
That's why you need 2 conicals! But generally I am brewing quick turn around beers in 12 or so days, with brewing done on sat and sun and kegging and cleaning done the night before the next brewday. And a longer fermenting beer in the other. With the goal of brewing 2x a month.

I'd still rather buy a new conical and a used fridge. There's plenty of room to futz with a conical inside the fridge and you remove it anyway to clean and sanitize. I've just added casters to mine so now it's super easy to move things around. It would be cool to have that 50F delta setup for dick wagging rights and it would save some space in the garage....but Im cheap enough I'd rather have the dough to send on something else.
sanitariex
AG
Definitely need two conicals, but we just moved so I had to brew like crazy to replace 4 taps, I think the pipeline is back to normal now though, doing an imperial stout at the moment so a conical is very
AlaskanAg99
AG
They're cheaper now, even morebeer had to lower their price to stay competitive with ss brewtech. Stout tanks makes some as well. In fact someone in my brew club has a 14 gal stout conical for sale right now in Houston, but didn't put a price with it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.