Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Looking for best burger in D.C

1,902 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The husband and I are going to DC in March and I'm always looking for a great burger. I want a greasy hand-formed simple burger. Tater tots are a huge bonus.
reload85
Ray's Hell burgers. On Wilson Blvd in Arlington.
MichaelJ
AG
I don't know the place. But isn't there a favorite one that like all the presidents and congressmen go to?
JYDog90
AG
reload85 said:

Ray's Hell burgers. On Wilson Blvd in Arlington.

My office used to be on Wilson Blvd, two blocks from Newseum and about 5 from Iwo Jima.
biobioprof
MichaelJ said:

I don't know the place. But isn't there a favorite one that like all the presidents and congressmen go to?
I think that's Ray's.
Velvet Jones
AG
When I worked on the Hill years ago I ate at Pete's Diner across the street from the Madison Library of Congress building. It's as no-frills as it gets, but it's packed with congressional staffers and Hill locals every day. You can pop into the Hawk and Dove for a good beer afterword too.

Nothing fancy, but a good, simple, cheap and greasy burger.
JSKolache
AG
http://goodstuffeatery.com/locations/capitol-hill

Sunnyside burger + village fries = naptime
SLF11
AG
yeah, Good Stuff might be your best bet - no tots but their hand cut fries are good. no 'burger joints' by my definition in D.C. proper unfortunately.

jrweinberger
I know you can now get it outside of the east coast but Shake Shack is still my favorite DC burger.
jrweinberger
Good Stuff Eatery is also very good as others have pointed out. And you won't be able to get that outside of the DC area..,
Talon2DSO
AG
This one is in Leesburg, VA but it's pretty incredible. Place is called Melt. Very unassuming but damn good food
texas.aggie.2010
I've heard the Beer battered burger at tune inn is delicious https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g28970-d533187-i123073179-Tune_Inn-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html
JSKolache
AG
texas.aggie.2010 said:

I've heard the Beer battered burger at tune inn is delicious https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g28970-d533187-i123073179-Tune_Inn-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html
The Tune was a legit dive with excellent burgers before it burned down a few years back. New Tune is just another burger place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.