Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Stuffed Chicken Breast

1,738 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
aeroag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I have tried doing some kind of cheese stuffed chicken breast a few times now and I always seem to have issues.

The main issue usually being that most of the cheese has melted out of the breast by the time the meat is done cooking.

No matter how I try enclosing the cheese in the breasts, I always seem to have this issue.

Any suggestions?
ksp
Softened cream cheese with spinach and green onions, plus seasonings of your choice. I just slit chicken breast from one end and close with toothpicks.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Soak tooth picks in water so they don't burn as quickly.

You are probably overstuffing as well. Seems like once the seal is broken from being overstuffed, the rest just flows out.

I like to take cream cheese, green onions, bacon, and some adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers, mix it, then stuff in the chicken breast. You want to leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch between the cheese and the edge of the chicken.

When you close it w/toothpicks, don't be afraid to use a lot of toothpicks.
FIDO*98*
AG
I stuff mine the day before and use Moo Gloo to seal the chicken and then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to hold the shape
EFE
AG
I cut an upside down "T" pocket, then stuff with cream cheese or ricotta and jalapenos and wrap in bacon when I do these. If you use cheap thin bacon you can get away without the toothpicks.
katy91
AG
I just tried a combination of the recipes and techniques from above and damn it was tasty!!
agcrock2005
AG
Probably too much cheese. If wrapping with bacon you have to make sure the whole thing is covering tightly and secured with bacon to keep it from all melting out. Also, you could be cooking too long and it's coming out because you're over cooking so make sure to probe it for temp (not too many times because you'll lose more cheese!).
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I like spinach and feta in a chicken breast, I add some mayo to the mixture over low heat to get a nice mixture and reduce it down. Stuff the breasts and seal it together with toothpicks as well.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.