Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Wine Clubs

1,364 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bularry
bthobig12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a wine club? I want to give my wife a subscription for Christmas and I know that she would like something where they not only send a few bottles each month, but also pairing recommendations.

TIA
chilidogfood
AG
I'd recommend giving her a trip to wine country for xmas and let her pick out a club.

If you can't swing a trip to California/Oregon/Washington/etc, take her to the Texas Hill Country and let her find one she likes.

There are too many wineries out there and everyone has different preferences for $$$/bottle, varietal and flavor profiles for us to pick out a good club for you.

If you really need an answer to your original question, I prefer Cabs/Syrahs/etc and I'm a member of:
Cline
Dutcher Crossing
VJB
Wellington
Lorimar (My favorite of the list)
BSD
AG
chilidogfood said:

I'd recommend giving her a trip to wine country for her bday and let her pick out a club.

Strong. I like this idea. You both win.
bularry
if you live in Ft Bend, you can join the club at my local wine shop and get 4 bottles a month they pick for you. they have 4 pricing tiers. pretty neat little way to try various wines/producers.
Philip J. Fry
AG
Second Chili on the recommendations.

If you head out to the Texas Hill Country to let her select I would recommend Pedernales Cellars. Have been members there for almost three years now and still think it's some of the best Texas has to offer.

Becker, Williams Chris, and Duchman are some other popular options. For scenery and good wine Flat Creek Estate is a good option.
Hugh Jass
AG
bularry, assuming you geographically mean Ft. Bend County, I'm interested. Do you have a website or other contact info for the club you can post here? Thanks!
bularry
Hugh Jass said:

bularry, assuming you geographically mean Ft. Bend County, I'm interested. Do you have a website or other contact info for the club you can post here? Thanks!
yeah, Fort Bend County, Missouri City to be more specific. Off of 1082 (Murphy Rd) in the Township is a neat little wine shop called Vino n Vinyl. Rachel manages the wine club, it is great if you can chat with her about what you like or are interested in. she pretty much personally selects everyone's wines each month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.