Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Christmas Eve Supper / Christmas Day Dinner or Supper

2,664 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FtBendTxAg
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is on everyone's menu this season?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Christmas Eve- braised short ribs
Christmas breakfast- homemade kolaches
Christmas dinner - maybe ham, but haven't decided yet.
FIDO*98*
AG
Shrimp Bisque
Chopped Blue Cheese salad
Prime Rib
Potatoes Lyonnaise
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Long Live Sully
AG
Tradition for us.

Homemade pizza Christmas Eve. Everything from scratch and all the toppings you can think of.

Roast Beast on Christmas Day. Smoked whole bone in Prime Rib. Seasoned with garlic clove slices inserted into the meat at 2" intervals, rosemary, black pepper and sea salt. Best piece of beef ever!

EDIT - found a pic

[img]<a href=[/img]" />
Max06
AG
I'm responsible for cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.

Christmas day at dad's is prime rib. Christmas day at mom's is usually rapure made by my grandma.
Btron
AG
Tamales. A lot of tamales
Btron
AG
theeyetest
Our tradition is Mexican food. Dad makes amazing al pastor and enchiladas. We buy about 6 dozen tamales from a Hispanic lady in town who makes the best I've ever had. Her bacon, cream cheese, and jalapeno tamales are sensational! Mom makes great pinto beans and guacamole.

Everyone just brings the sides and we go to town for some gringos on Christmas Day. My family holiday tradition.
AggieStout
AG
Christmas Dinner: Picking up a whole dinner for 3-4 people from Cracker Barrel for $60. My wife and I dont feel like cooking this year so we are taking the easy route
htxag09
AG
We make chili on Christmas Eve so we have cornbread for the stuffing/dressing.

We traditionally do ham, but in the near future I'm wanting to switch to prime rib. May have to wait until we have kids and start doing Christmas at our house, but it's going to happen....
beagle2009
AG
Our traditions are:

Christmas Eve Dinner
  • Assorted tamales, pinto beans, rice, queso, quac, pico, margaritas

Christmas Morning Breakfast
  • Sausage pinwheels & mimosas

Christmas Day Dinner
  • Smoked prime rib, yorkshire pudding, various sides, wine, scotch
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
My side of the family on the 24th, chili, tamales, carne guisada, rice, beans, etc. It's also Mom's birthday.

Christmas is prime rib with plenty of sides. They change yearly.
Tanya 93
Doing something different this year Christmas

Salmon cakes, roasted asparagus and almonds, kale salad, popovers, and fried apples with sweet Italian sausage, cranberries, and spinach.

Benny is searching the Harry Potter Cookbook to determine what he is going to choose and help me make for Christmas Eve.

Tailgate88
AG
We usually do Wild Duck for Christmas Eve, roasted squash and asparagus and lots of red wine. But this year we're having a standing rib roast. Haven't thought about Christmas Day yet... intrigued by those who do Mexican. Enchiladas might be fun. Or we might just go out for Thai. It's been a strange year.
Bockaneer
AG
Christmas Eve is fondue w the in-laws... lots of sides and desserts (mother-in-law bakes some great pies) and meats get the hot oil treatment (wife prefers the wine bath but the masses don't have the same delicate palate to make it worth the trouble). This year will be 17 mouths. It's all fun despite the house smelling like a fryer for two weeks.

Christmas Day - plan to start breaking in the BGE ... most likely brisket or ribs or something ...** wife reminded me that oldest boy is learning the family red beans & rice recipe on Christmas Day **

New Year's Eve is the requisite trio of cabbage slaw for health, blacke-eyed peas for wealth, and fish for wisdom. I have a rice cooker recipe for black-eyed pea jambalaya that is to die for.

New Year's my wife has requested that I make Chili Verde from a scratch recipe - so tasty. Will probably pick up some tamales as well.
mslags97
AG
Would love the jambalaya recipe! Not a big fan of the black eyed pea.
Burn-It
AG
Christmas Eve - Lasagna

Christmas Dinner - Brisket, TurDuckin, boudin, sweet potato casserole, creamed spinach, rolls
AKA 13-0
FtBendTxAg
AG
Tamales
&
Tamales
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.