Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Margarita Recipes

12,728 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's like saying a martini tastes like gin
BrazosDog02
AG
Ornlu said:

Wow.... There's a lot of TURRIBLE opinions in this thread.

Salt rimmed glass
1.5oz Tequila (any repasado. I like Hornitas)
0.75oz Cointreau
0.75oz fresh lime juice
Shake with ice for 90 seconds, then
Serve over crushed ice (approx 4 oz of it)

The recipes with agave, simple syrup, OJ, frozen concoctions are just nucking futs. You only need three things: tequilla, Cointreau, and lime.

I drink mine like this. I do 2-1-1...reposado, Cointreau (or triple sec), lime. I'll ad syrup made from my own pure raw honey for the wife's because she dislkes these otherwise. I also have one every other night...or every night depending on the week. I don't want to have to f- around as much as some of these recipes seem like they would require. I also, on a whim, purchased Exotico tequila for mine and I must say, fr mixing, it's as good or better than any other reposado I've used.
Garrelli 5000
AG
This is what we made this weekend and they were perfect. We like ours not too sour and not too sweet and this is right down the middle. If you've had Uncle Julio's this is in that ballpark.

2 oz Casamigos Blanco
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz fresh squeezed lime (actually squeezed a few days prior and stored in squeeze bottle in fridge)
1 oz simple

Shaken 30 seconds in ice

Strained into salt rimmed glass filled w/ice

If your lime isn't overly sour back the simple off to 1/2 oz
Take the trash out staff.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.