Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Thermometer on kickstarter

31,846 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SpiderDude
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1977846026/meater-the-first-truly-wireless-smart-meat-thermom

No wire dual probe thermometer

I ordered one
Fairview
AG
Thanks for posting. I got one too. Will be a nice surprise for myself in 6 months after I forget I ordered it.
Duncan Idaho
I hope it works.

The idea of a no wire, wireless remote thermometer is enticing
ORAggieFan
Getting this. Potential to be awesome. Thanks for posting.
sanitariex
AG
Thanks for posting, definitely in for a Meater Block. Been needing something like this.
Fairview
AG
They just hit the stretch goal to connect it to the cloud so you don't have to be on your home wifi to follow the temps. That's a nice feature.
GCRanger
AG
I like that it has two probes, internal and ambient.
agcrock2005
AG
Just ordered. Since they're so far above goal is it safe to get excited about actually getting them? Looks really cool.
jel_2002
AG
I am excited about this. I think I will get the block and 4 probes.
biobioprof
the probes look kind of thick, but I didn't see dimensions. Any thoughts on how that might affect cooking?
Fairview
AG
They will make them. The good news is they are hitting stretch goals so you get more features. The risk when they go way over is they have production delays so January becomes a soft date.

I ordered a coolest cooler last July and I'm finally getting it tomorrow. That one was really successful and they added tons of cool stuff along the way it's just taken forever to get them made.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
the probes look kind of thick, but I didn't see dimensions. Any thoughts on how that might affect cooking?
I thought that too. Definitely won't be using it on steaks or burgers like the video suggested. Will be perfect for chicken and tenderloins though, assuming it works well.
Aggietaco
AG
Damn you people. Pledged for a few.
fwag04
AG
quote:

I ordered a coolest cooler last July and I'm finally getting it tomorrow. That one was really successful and they added tons of cool stuff along the way it's just taken forever to get them made.
Were you one of the first ones to order? My coworker and me are both still waiting on ours, we figure they'll be here by next summer if we're lucky
Fairview
AG
I think I was in the early to middle of the pack. I was surprised when I found out it was coming which was only from an email from UPS. Its a little smaller than I thought but I will say the features are pretty awesome. The speaker is better than I thought it was and the blender seems plenty powerful.
Duncan Idaho
Is it weird that this might be the thing that causes me to get a smart watch?
Ham Slice MRE
AG
I was thinking the same thing
agcrock2005
AG
Any other awesome BBQ/foodie things on Kickstarter? I'm pumped about getting my Meater!
Sazerac
AG
How did I miss this??

This looks amazing...better than the product idea I was thinking of.

What did you guys pay? When are shipments planned?
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
How did I miss this??

This looks amazing...better than the product idea I was thinking of.

What did you guys pay? When are shipments planned?

I think I paid $59 for one of them and I believe they are shipping in January. I could be off though. If the product is as good as the video, I'll be happy!
plowboy1065
S
Don't know how I missed this the first time around but I'm now in for a block. My dual probe thermometer with wires is ok but the wires do get in the way most of the time
texag06ish
AG
I signed up for a block. Says it should ship in March.
Sazerac
AG
Do they charge you now,or when it ships?
texag06ish
AG
Now.
Sazerac
AG
I'm in. Hope it performs as promised.
Chazz03
AG
LOL I love the video.

quote:
It makes sure there is always someone to tend to your meats needs.
I got one
agcrock2005
AG
While not the intent, this thread seems to have gotten Meater more business! Was hoping to find some other awesome bbq stuff. I'm pumped to use this. Hope it lives up to the hype.
diehard03
I wasnt able to watch the video...but what range (ie, the class) is the bluetooth IC? And is it outside the meat or inside? (it claims its inside...I just wonder the truth is based on construction)

Im not challenging this yet...but wired thermometers have been around awhile and this is just replacing with BT. it isn't exactly secret sauce.
CrawfordAg
AG
Bump, has anyone received their probes yet or are we still looking at March? I am about to spring for the 4 probe block, does this include the ambient sensor?
plowboy1065
S
Received a new email today saying the blocks would be available for testing in 4-6 weeks. Email before that stated delivery in June or July
TexAg91
AG
Ambient sensor is on the end of the probe outside the meat, as I understand the product. Can't wait to receive.
texag06ish
AG
I'd better not go all summer without getting this thing.
Two Down
AG
Yeah I am not too pleased at all the delays on this, though I am trying to be understanding considering it IS a kickstarter project and the first iteration of a product, etc.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
I'd better not go all summer without getting this thing.
I'm getting pissed. Might have to buy something different because it's taking too long. New pit will be finished in a couple weeks and these probes sure as **** aren't going to be around soon.
Fairview
AG
I back a fair amount of Kickstarter projects and the one consistent thing is project delays. I just assume it's part of the deal when I order and if it's on time it's a pleasant surprise. Usually the more successful the campaign, the longer the delay, but on the flip side they usually use some of the extra money to upgrade components so you end up with a better overall product.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.