Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Jalapeño Cheddar Beer Bread

12,613 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CyAg
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. Still a quick bread. You could use self-rising flour and omit the baking powder and salt
NorfolkAg
AG
Good Stuff, just booked marked it for the holidays.
NorfolkAg
AG
Good Stuff, just booked marked it for the holidays.
jelfag06
AG
wife made this yesterday.. it was AMAZING
AgLA06
AG
My wife made this for thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. So much so the family requested it for Christmas. Looks like it is now part of the regular rotation.
Manchild50
AG
In the oven now!
pheck92
McGibblets
AG
Made one similar to this in a bread machine a couple weeks ago. Turned out great, but I didn't use quite enough jalapeños
Ezra Brooks
AG
Made a double batch yesterday, this time I left out the sugar, added a cup of sausage crumbles and used 1/2 the butter.

Result = Outstanding!!!
Broncos
Americium
AG
quote:
added a cup of sausage crumbles

I was thinking of doing the same thing, except bacon, for the Superbowl.
Linz02Ag
AG
Just put in the oven. Used Mother in Lager
fwag04
AG
My wife had to work today, so I decided to make this for the first time. I used Rahr Winter Warmer, and it turned out great. Will definitely be making this again.
cbminers
AG
New to bread making and have a quick question.

What size loaf pan will accommodate this recipe? I'm making this bread for a picnic on Saturday so I wanted to use foil loaf pans. HEB had like 3 different sizes - 1lb, 2 lb, and 5 lb.
alabamaaggie12
AG
I don't know what to tell you using weight designations for loaf size because I didn't find consistent answers to your question when I searched, so I would recommend measuring the inside dimensions of the pans and use the one closest to 9x5. I have used cheapo metal pans and glass ones with good results, but haven't used the disposable ones. It should work fine, but definitely set them on a baking sheet in case of butter overflow and also cover loosely with foil if it's getting really brown on top before 50-60 minutes of baking. Hope it turns out good for you!
cbminers
AG
Thanks! The 5lb pans I bought are 11-3/4 x 3-5/8. I think they will work just fine.
Tailgate88
AG
Definitely making this to go with my next batch of chili.
CyAg
AG
Here's the original link:

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/jun/21/gl_myra_starkey_062310_100609/

I made a couple of loaves a few weeks ago entertaining some friends and it was a huge hit!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.