Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Grilled redfish recipe?

1,898 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by HtownAg92
Swope McGee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a good recipe for grilled redfish on the half shell? We just got back from the coast and want to grill it up!
Thanks!
MichaelJ
AG
redfish on the halfshell?

Or redfish that hasnt been deskinned/descaled?
Swope McGee
AG
Still has the scales and skin on one side.

[This message has been edited by Swope mcgee (edited 8/2/2013 3:01p).]
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
brush with evoo and cover with a 50-50 mix of Tony's Creole and Frank Davis Bronzing mix

B-1 83
AG
Brush with a 50/50 mix of fresh garlic butter and olive oil. Season with Zattarain's blackening or creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's blows). Throw it on flesh side down for just a minute, then skin down until you just see the skin/scales start to loosen from the flesh. I like to brish the flesh side with a little more butter as it cooks. Thank me later.
country
AG
I have come up with the ultimate redfish on the half shell recipe. Give this a try:

Ingredients:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Worcestershire
Paprika
Salt
Cayenne pepper
Sliced Onion
Sliced Tomato
Sliced Pablano Pepper
Sliced Lemon
Sliced Lime

Place half shells skin down and pour olive oil and worchestireshire sauce on them. Add salt, paprika and cayenne as you see fit. Rub in gently.

Lay sliced onion, tomatoes, peppers over the fish. Squeeze a lemon or two and a lime or two over the dish. Lay sliced lemons and limes over the dish. Set in fridge for as long as you'd like or leave in counter for about 30 minutes.

Heat grille to medium heat. Take half shells and place meat down for about 2 minutes. Flip to scale down. Take all of the concoction that is in the dish and cover fish on the grille with it. Onions, tomatoes, peppers, lemons, limes. You should have plenty of slices to completely cover the fish. Drizzle remaining blend of oil and worchestireshire over the top. Close grille and cook about 15-18 additional minutes.

Remove from grille and enjoy that SOB!
Ag_07
AG
2-3 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
Sea Salt
Crushed red pepper
Black pepper
2 or 3 tbsp melted butter
1/2 jar of Cajun Injector from HEB (creole garlic is my favorite) http://www.cajuninjector.com/cajun-injector-marinades.html
Fresh squezzed juice from 1 lemon
Lemon slices

***If you want to kick it up a notch throw in some cayenne pepper to taste.

Score the meat into 1" squares and work all the ingredients into the meat. Place the lemon slices on top and let sit for an hour or so. Thorw on the grill skin-side down until flaky.

[This message has been edited by Ag_07 (edited 8/5/2013 9:19a).]
Aggiehunter34
S
I second country's. almost exactly what. Use and by far my favorite fish cooked that way.
HtownAg92
AG
K.I.S.S.

Olive oil
S&P
Minced garlic
Red Pepper flakes

Oil grill grates, put fish on skin side down, close lid

When thickest part of fillet is almost white to the skin, put a couple of pats of butter on top, close lid for 30 more seconds. Done.

Don't forget to brush the scales off your grill afterward or you will have some stink the next time you use it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.