Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************SCOTCH*****************

263,568 Views | 1650 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by betadawg1
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Laphroaig Cairdeas
Ardbeg Uigeadail
Ardbeg Corryvreckan
Lagavulin Distiller's Edition
Aggiemundo
AG
A trust was broken so unfortunately pretty serious

Can I find that for around $88? That's the price I found online, but not sure it's accurate. Easy to find?
jh0400
AG
If $88 is your budget, get the Corryvreckan
Aggiemundo
AG
Would like to keep it under a c-note but am willing to splurge a bit for the right bottle.
jh0400
AG
Trust me. If you want to make amends to an Islay drinker, get the Corryvreckan. It's ~$90 and will be appreciated.
Aggiemundo
AG
Can't thank you enough guys. This is perfect, and I'll let you know how it goes. The Aggie Network is a powerful thing!!!
FlyFish95
Lagavulin Distillers Edition is pretty tasty.
Old School Rucking
AG
Cracking open the Ardbeg Uigeadail to close out Burns Night.
FlyFish95
quote:
Cracking open the Ardbeg Uigeadail to close out Burns Night.

How was it? Been looking to get one
Old School Rucking
AG
Best Islay I've ever had. Has the strong smoke like Laphroaig, but it doesn't drown out the other flavor notes. Very complex and most excellent.
MAROON
AG

probably my favorite whiskey right now. I'm a Highland guy, don't care for over peatiness so this is in my mind a perfect whiskey
RangerRick9211
AG
I just tried to place an order on Fine Drams and they can't ship to the US anymore. I guess it really was too good to be true. My last order was Laphroaig QC & PX, Uigeadail, Vulin Distiller's Ed., Aberlour 12 NCF, and Benromach 10 100 proof for $299 with free shipping.
GIF Reactor
AG
I really like the Balvenie Carribean cask. Can any one make some recommendations for similar scotches? Looking for something that is sweet with a gentle finish.
CMP-00-
AG
I like that one a lot, too... I also enjoy: Balvenie Doublewood, Aberlour 12, Glenlivet (several.)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GIF Reactor
AG
No one has any recs?
Old School Rucking
AG
quote:
No one has any recs?

Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
FlyFish95
Just picked up a bottle of Milsean.
aggiebq03+
quote:
I really like the Balvenie Carribean cask. Can any one make some recommendations for similar scotches? Looking for something that is sweet with a gentle finish.

If you don't mind paying a bit more, the 15yo single barrels I've had are very good. And might be good to try something slightly different but in the same neighborhood. Still a nice almost floral scotch and very smooth.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picked this up on Friday. Not bad for $50.

FlyFish95
I still have a $50 Specs gift card from Christmas I'm holding on to. I'm gonna chip in a little bit more and get a good bottle. Give me some recommendations. Move already gotten a Glendronach 15 suggestion. Anything in that price range you think beats that?
dummble
AG
This is my first time on this thread and I consider myself an amateur scotch drinker.

I have this weird habit of walking into bars, talking to the bartender and asking for his recommendation for a $15 glass of Scotch.

My last great success was Balvenie Caribbean Cask which I love and regularly give out as gifts.

Anyways. After a few beers I was out at a bar with a large Whisky selection. I asked for the bartenders recommendation. Jura Superstition. I might have been drunk but I was really digging the slightly peat, slightly sweet taste.

Any problem with me running out and buying a bottle tonight?
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
This is my first time on this thread and I consider myself an amateur scotch drinker.

I have this weird habit of walking into bars, talking to the bartender and asking for his recommendation for a $15 glass of Scotch.

My last great success was Balvenie Caribbean Cask which I love and regularly give out as gifts.

Anyways. After a few beers I was out at a bar with a large Whisky selection. I asked for the bartenders recommendation. Jura Superstition. I might have been drunk but I was really digging the slightly peat, slightly sweet taste.

Nope. It's pretty widely available. And it wasn't becausr you were drunk. It's very good stuff.
FlyFish95
Anyone have an opinion on Springbank 12 Cask Strength?
FlyFish95
quote:

probably my favorite whiskey right now. I'm a Highland guy, don't care for over peatiness so this is in my mind a perfect whiskey

Used some gift cards today and picked one of these up. I've been a big fan of the 12 for a long time. This is a very good bottle. The extra 3 years appears to have mellowed it out a tad and rounded off the edges. Great stuff.
30 yard line
I have a bottle of Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix.

I am new to the whole Scotch/whisky game. All I know is it is a 2010 and a friend said I would love it.
Anyone taste it before?
Whoop04
Uh no, I can't say I have tried any $1000 bottles of scotch.
John Francis Donaghy
It was under $100 when it was available retail. One-time bottling, 2010 only. The crazy prices now are just because it's never going to be produced again.

So 30, if you need some cash, you got options.
AgInSingapore
AG
You can probably get a bottle for more like 500 bucks than a grand. Pretty neat whisky nevertheless, wish I had picked up more bottles when it was originally available but alas I did not.

Currently sipping on some Glengoyne Burnfoot I grabbed a few years back at duty free. Not a bad whisky but not something to write home about either. The nose is quite alcoholic in my opinion, the palate and mouthfeel is light with some decent malt but a quick finish. I won't be seeking out another bottle but if someone were to offer me a dram, I'd not turn it down.
HTownAg98
For those in the Austin area, Twin Liquors $1 sale starts Thursday. I'll be grabbing some bottles to try.
30 yard line
Thanks for the info!
FlyFish95
quote:
For those in the Austin area, Twin Liquors $1 sale starts Thursday. I'll be grabbing some bottles to try.

What exactly are they selling for $1?
GIF Reactor
AG
I don't think it works like that. I think they reduce prices to a lower than usual amount, then add $1. Kind of misleading.
edwardsk2003
AG
quote:
I have a bottle of Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix.

I am new to the whole Scotch/whisky game. All I know is it is a 2010 and a friend said I would love it.
Anyone taste it before?

The story of snow phoenix is neat.
edwardsk2003
AG
quote:

I'd never consider Balvanie peaty..... boards thoughts?

My favorite scotch map:
FlyFish95
I would not describe Balvenie as peaty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.