Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,259,092 Views | 10397 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by cecil77
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought the oyster and pearls were better this time around. I'm not sure if they changed something or not, but it seemed that way to me! BTW, the chef's menu is A LOT of food. We were in a food coma for the last hour.
htxag09
AG
quote:
I heard this weekend that the Summa old vines is "so good".

Hmm, may give one or two bottles a shot but a little steep for a Pinot at $75. Will also probably get a couple more of the Sonoma coast Chardonnays.

Still crossing my fingers that we purchased enough at our realm tasting to get on their allocation for Feb 2. Would make a nice birthday present....
ILikeTacos
AG
I am receiving a lot of tracking numbers via emails this week, I think I bought a lot more wine than I originally thought...

And little did I know my wife bought two cases of chardonnay from Jordan. That's her "I am stressed from the work day and the kids so I am going to have a glass or four of wine after work" so that should last us a couple of months...
BSD
AG
we went all in on the Sonoma Coast pinot and wishlisted more. Those come in handy when people come over. We bought 2 Summa Old Vines and then that was it. I was only going to buy one but my wife talked me into buying two. I probably will just get a taste so it pains me to spend that much, too.
BSD
AG
quote:
I am receiving a lot of tracking numbers via emails this week, I think I bought a lot more wine than I originally thought...

And little did I know my wife bought two cases of chardonnay from Jordan. That's her "I am stressed from the work day and the kids so I am going to have a glass or four of wine after work" so that should last us a couple of months...
a successful trip!
HTownAg98
For those that of you on the Revana list, I got to try the 2012 Terrior Selection can last night. It's freaking awesome, and a steal at $114 a bottle retail.
BSD
AG
Out of curiosity, I ordered Dirty and Rowdy's Sparkling Pinot Blancs, both the pet-nat and traditional method. My wife loves bubbles so naturally I'll sneak some tastes.
BSD
AG
The Maybach release is tomorrow. I feel bad for my credit card but I do love the half bottles they sell!
cecil77
AG
They would make perfect party favors when you host that Texags wine depletion party...
ILikeTacos
AG
quote:
They would make perfect party favors when you host that Texags wine depletion party...

AGGIELAND OUTFITTERS

in! Thanks for the chance!
BSD
AG
Order in and more wishlisted.

*Crossing fingers*
BSD
AG
Other releases also out today are Bond (great wine but ridiculous pricing = easy pass) and Quivet (reluctantly passing on since its syrah and i don't drink enough of that grape to justify it)
cecil77
AG
Ordered 2 each of the Sauv Blanc and the two Syrahs.

Great bargain at $45
ILikeTacos
AG
quote:
Other releases also out today are Bond (great wine but ridiculous pricing = easy pass) and Quivet (reluctantly passing on since its syrah and i don't drink enough of that grape to justify it)
So I got the Bond email this morning and $425 a bottle?!? Forget that. The 2012 Matriarch might be worth a shot though.
BSD
AG
quote:
Ordered 2 each of the Sauv Blanc and the two Syrahs.

Great bargain at $45
agreed. just wish I could drink more and I would have been all over it.
BSD
AG
There are probably better cabs out there for the price than the Matriarch (and I like the Matriarch).
ILikeTacos
AG
quote:
There are probably better cabs out there for the price than the Matriarch (and I like the Matriarch).
At $120 a bottle it is a little steep for me as well. I just know a Bond Mulberry I had a couple of years ago was one of the better wines I have ever had. I have never had the Matriarch.
BSD
AG
I had an '03 Vecina over Thanksgiving and it was phenomenal! absolutely stunning. I would love the '13 but not at $425. Especially after buying Maybach today. The Matriarch (and Maiden for that matter) are both good wines. But they arent Bond single vineyards (or Harlan). I used to buy them back when I could drink. Nowadays, I like Myriad/Pott/River Marie at that $120 and under mark.
cecil77
AG
Not up to BSD territory, but I can now say that 2011 Caymus is "Tuesday night wine".
JMC04
AG
quote:
Had a 2012 Chappellet Signature Cabernet tonight. I'd forgotten how good this wine is for the price. Even though it's now hovering around $55, it's still a good wine for that price. I liked it even more when it was $45.
Love that wine, especially the '12. It's my benchmark for that price category
BSD
AG
Just bought some 2013 Hobel Cabernet half-bottles. Those work well in my house. Next up is Realm at noon.
aggiejumper
AG
Realm order is in a few hours early. Luckily, they took it at the tasting and processed it early so I didn't have to try and beat the crowd today.
BSD
AG
Order in on Realm. Wow...wasnt expecting that allocation. And I'm done buying wine for several months (ok, maybe I'll buy Scarecrow)
BSD
AG
quote:
Realm order is in a few hours early. Luckily, they took it at the tasting and processed it early so I didn't have to try and beat the crowd today.
did you get Absurd? The '14 was amazing out of the barrel. I'm sure the '13 was just as fantastic.
aggiejumper
AG
I was offered the Absurd when we tasted with Juan but I passed. I'd rather have more of their other wines. Can't always justify those super premium wines. Looking back I should have taken the 2 offered but I think I'll survive with the SVD I ordered.

Did you get allocated any?
BSD
AG
after tasting the '14, I couldn't pass the '13 up. I bought a few. I refrained from wishlisting more, although I did wishlist more Crane.
aggiejumper
AG
I'll make sure to not pass up the '14 Absurd, I want more Crane and To Kalon too. Heck I might have to make a trip out to Napa in January again to taste and put my order in again.
htxag09
AG
Whelp I guess I learned my lesson....waited until I got home to go over it with the wife and the To Kalon and Houyi are sold out. What are the chances of getting them if you add your name to the wait list?
BSD
AG
To Kalon must have just now sold out. I actually logged in about 10 minutes ago and still had some available. Now it's gone. I could wishlist some Houyi and To Kalon for you if you like. Maybe with my buying history and this balls out order, they may give me some love.
htxag09
AG
That'd be awesome.
BSD
AG
To Kalon may be back up. Want to give it another try?
htxag09
AG
Yep, both are back up!
BSD
AG
So you're all set? If you need anything let me know.
htxag09
AG
Yep, all good! I'd love to try the absurd but am already having to answer to the wife for how much I spent....maybe next year.

At least tomorrow's my birthday so it helps me sell it!!!
BSD
AG
Scarecrow's email says the release is at the beginning of March. It looks like they lost some barrels in the earthquake last year so the number of cases will be reduced. I guess I wont be getting the 2x 3-pack offer again. Hopefully my wife's account gets back on the list so I can get some extra bottles. She didnt buy one vintage and got booted, which is mostly ok with us. As yall know, I've been loading up on '13 and wanted more of this one (Good vintage + my health diagnosis year = great bottles as I kick this disease in its nuts...one glass at a time).
First Page Last Page
Page 97 of 298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.