Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,838,639 Views | 38429 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by atmag95
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Steve,

I hate you.

Unless you will share some of your bourbon with me.
GTBullitt68
AG
quote:
Those are some great finds steve00. I was able to get a GTS this evening. Been chasing that 4Roses LE Small Batch but haven't seen it anywhere.
If you're willing to drive to Colleyville, the Goody Goody there has 2 bottles of 4Roses LE SB in stock. They may be able to reserve you one.

*EDIT: bottles are spoken for. I just tried to reserve one.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
quote:
Those are some great finds steve00. I was able to get a GTS this evening. Been chasing that 4Roses LE Small Batch but haven't seen it anywhere.
If you're willing to drive to Colleyville, the Goody Goody there has 2 bottles of 4Roses LE SB in stock. They may be able to reserve you one.

*EDIT: bottles are spoken for. I just tried to reserve one.
Thanks. I'll just have to keep looking.
Atty_Ag
FYI

There are approximately ten bottles of Four Roses Single Barrel private selection at the South Austin Costco. They are all OBSV.

The price was fairly good, too, at $34.97.
Aggiejue
AG
i just received contact that I will have a Four Roses 2014 Small Batch LE next week. Specs' allocation will start in the coming days so keep hunting. Also, I was told that the Old Forester Barrel selected should be very similar to 2013 Birthday Bourbon.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
joshwayne330
OFBB '14 has a muted nose compared to the '13, but has a resemblance. The palate and finish are pretty bad. I picked it up for $35 and still feel like I might have been taken advantage of.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
A glass of George T. Stagg at the Roosevelt is my consolation prize for not getting a bottle

And I made them open the bottle so I took it's virginity. And it felt gooood.
K Bo
AG
Picked up Old Scout 7 and 10 today. First time I've seen it in Houston. Read some good things so excited to try it!
austinag1997
AG
SouthTexas,

I am jealous... the Sazerac is one of my favorite spots. Nice hotel also!
aggiemike89
AG
One of my favorite bars as well. Wife and I where staying at the Hotel one night when she swore she saw a ghost.
austinag1997
AG
The ghost is from the Fairmont... not the Roosevelt.
the dude10
AG
If you are in Austin and struck out on the BTAC I have located a store with most of them in stock. You better be willing to pay up tho. Asking $250-$300 depending on which you choose. Only one he didn't have was ER17.
oneoutofmany
AG
Anyone have any thoughts to share on the EH Taylor barrel proof? Has anyone seen it in the Metroplex, specifically on the Fort Worth side?
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
Picked up Old Scout 7 and 10 today. First time I've seen it in Houston. Read some good things so excited to try it!

I was pretty disappointed in the 10, but the 8 year old barrel proof is fantastic. If you come across that 8 year definitely grab a bottle.

Never had the 7, but hopefully it's more similar to the 8 than the 10.
tx4guns
AG
Did somebody say barrel proof Smooth Ambler Old Scout?

austinag1997
AG
The Dude 10,

Where? I want a bottle of WLW. I may pay for it.
Aggiejue
AG
Anyone tried the Willett Exploratory Cask Finish (XCF) product? Supposedly, the 7 year rye was aged in curaao casks for 90 days. I've had my fair share of Pot Still, but never the bourbon or various rye offerings. You should be able to find this in stores this week along with the Four Roses LE Small Batch 2014.
FlyFish95
90 days? That smells like a marketing gimmick to me.
Aggiejue
AG
quote:
90 days? That smells like a marketing gimmick to me.
I agree and for $119 it should be legendary and not orange flavored rye!
FlyFish95
I m ok with them aging it in another barrel, but I think it needs to be there longer than 3 months, but I guess I could be wrong.
Whoop04
What if it spent 90 days in curaao casks...AT SEA!
FlyFish95
I see what you did there.
FriedTex
AG
I had a pour of the Jeffersons Ocean ... Wish I had my money back
the dude10
AG
quote:
The Dude 10,

Where? I want a bottle of WLW. I may pay for it.

Dany's liquor in pflugerville. Good luck sir
FlyFish95
Monday morning 10:00 AM there stands a line of 20 Austin area TexAgers outside the front door waitng for morning's open.
austinag1997
AG
Not me. Won't buy from him. Can't stand the guy.
joshwayne330
I would splurge and grab the WLW at $250, no doubt. Someone go buy it and trade it to me
aggiemike89
AG
I found a WLW two weeks ago in Houston but had to pony up $269 for it. The most I've ever spent on any of the Pappy or BTAC offerings but I've never had the WLW and I was talking to the Republic rep about a month ago and he said the whole Houston region only received about 10 cases of the WLW.
Atty_Ag
These are just insane prices. I'm out. Gonna buy a TV for the family instead.
austinag1997
AG
Joshwayne,

I tried. If he has it, he won't sell it to me (which I suspect).
TwoTimeAg
AG
Dany's in Pflugerville I avoid like the plague...would rather go without than set foot in there.
Aggiejue
AG
What's a decent price for a pour of BTAC or PVW? I know it's subjective at this point but this is for the folks who have tried any in the bars this year or the past couple of years.
steve00
AG
I got a 2014 PVW 15 yr at Peche in Austin this wknd for $40. They wanted $100 for the 23. BTAC was going for about $20-$25 at a couple of different bars I hit.
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.