Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,597 Views | 37595 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Pac1698
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Just got the call on a bottle PVW 20!
BSD
AG
quote:
(no I am not out looking for Screaming Eagle)

I am! Not too hard though.
steve00
AG
After 6 months of scouring the Internet, I finally found a Rittenhouse 21 to complete my collection. Tasting them all side by side tonight. So far I think the 21 is the best, but they are all really good.

Aggiejue
AG
I finally opened my MMCS last night and I will agree with the others that it's a great sip after 15 minutes of rest! Also, I can finally enjoy my first Stagg ever! I called a local store on a whim about an hour ago and they held the bottle.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Nice pickups, ya'll.
0708aggie
AG
where are you located? Everywhere in D town says they haven't received it.
Aggiejue
AG
San Antonio here $117. I passed on Parker Heritage 8, $89 but I'm thinking about doubling back and snagging it.
NoneGiven
AG
Anyone in Denver?

https://www.facebook.com/mrbswineandspirits/photos/a.10150338439255540.389661.296333795539/10152799974105540/?type=1&theater
Daytona22
AG
Nice find. GTS is the one that I'm wanting the most. I'm headed to SA next weekend so maybe another shipment will come in where I might have a chance. Hunting in Houston is almost impossible unless you head to the greater Houston area or on a list.
austinag1997
AG
Interesting... none of this stuff has made it to NOLA. I had to make an unexpected trip here. Pappy and BTAC is in Texas, but not NOLA.
NoneGiven
AG
Stopped by the liquor store on the way home looking for GTS, PVW, etc
Their shipment didn't come in but they did have Baby Blue and Rumble

Owner told me they are going to ask $200 for GTS and 2500+ for PVW23. LOL
Aggiejue
AG
Pappy has not shipped to SA as of today. I was told to check back next week. Supposedly, WLW hit 2 weeks ago here and went quick. Hopefully, I can grab a something from the remaining 3 and at least a ORVW 10 if I'm lucky.
Quantum ace
AG
For anyone in Houston, Tony K's still has a few bottles of the Four Roses Barrel Proof we picked out for them. You probably won't be able to flip it for a profit anytime soon, but it's an enjoyable pour for about $62.
K Bo
AG
What's the recipe on the Four Roses for TK's? Did they have anything else of note?
0708aggie
AG
Nonegiven

Are you in Plano?
austinag1997
AG
PVW23 was $432 with tax yesterday. I don't believe there was any gouging at this location.
Quantum ace
AG
Tony K's Four Roses is an OBSO, 10 yr 5 mo. They don't have shelves full of limited releases, but they have a pretty solid bourbon selection.
K Bo
AG
TK's is one if my favorite bourbon shops in Houston. I know, at times, they have some interesting off the shelf items. It's been a while since I've been in. I'll be over there later today and will likely grab the Four Roses. Thanks!
dmart90
AG
I know some of you are Garrison Brothers fans - I just picked up a bottle of their 2013 release at Oak Liquor Cabinet in Austin for 59.99. I've seen it elsewhere for more than that. They are pouring tastes of it, and other items, if you're interested.

No BTAC or Pappy to be found.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Nonegiven

Are you in Plano?
Austin. This was at King on Burnet.
armadillojackal02
AG
aggiejue, where'd you find the stagg in San Antonio?
austinag1997
AG
Dmart,

I do not believe that is true. I believe Oak Liquor Cabinet did get their allocation. They hold it for their regular customers.
oneoutofmany
AG
Got a call tonight from a local store about Pappy. I was told I could choose either a 15 or a 20. 15 was ~$400 and 20 was ~$700. Told her I appreciated the call but couldn't do that. Asked if she happened to have any Eagle Rare 17. They do, for $299. I again thanked her for her call but said no thanks. While better than some aftermarket prices, for Pappy anyway, that's crazy for retail, for me anyway. She said she'd already sold some at those prices. I'm not surprised but I just couldn't pull the trigger.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
For anyone in Houston, Tony K's still has a few bottles of the Four Roses Barrel Proof we picked out for them. You probably won't be able to flip it for a profit anytime soon, but it's an enjoyable pour for about $62.
Any idea how much they have left? I was hoping to pick up a bottle when I'm down in Houston early next week. Had heard it was pretty good.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
quote:
Any idea how much they have left? I was hoping to pick up a bottle when I'm down in Houston early next week. Had heard it was pretty good.
Decent price, sells up here (indiana) for 50
dmart90
AG
quote:
Dmart,

I do not believe that is true. I believe Oak Liquor Cabinet did get their allocation. They hold it for their regular customers.
Ah, so the guy fed me a line. Nice!
austinag1997
AG
Don't feel too bad, I got a similar response. It was an awkward answer to the question I asked that made me believe that they did indeed get an allocation in, and just weren't going to sell it to me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
dmart90
AG
quote:
Don't feel too bad, I got a similar response. It was an awkward answer to the question I asked that made me believe that they did indeed get an allocation in, and just weren't going to sell it to me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Would've been better if he had simply said it was all spoken for / sold. But so it goes. They did have some EH Taylor Single Barrel and Small Batch on the shelf. I may go back and pick up one of those...
austinag1997
AG
That would be too simple. I have the same complaint about Specs Arbor Walk. They just aren't friendly about it and won't provide any information. Misinformation may be worse. Just didn't want you thinking you were alone.
Aggiejue
AG
In regards to Spec's, I would say that if you haven't spent an amount of money that equals 4k-6k key points, your chance to get any BTAC or Pappy is slim to none unless you have some kind of in house connection. The owner definitely rewards frequent customers. I have a connection here in SA but came up empty for both. As for other releases, I can usually get my hands on them. Something tells me that the big time wine purchasers are rewarded yearly with BTAC, Pappy.
FlyFish95
For the most part Specs = dog sh*t.
austinag1997
Mathguy64
AG
If that's the case Specs can kiss my ass. I go there because it's convenient and generally speaking they carry a pretty wide collection. I probably buy a bottle a month. half of what I buy is something regular and half is a one time I want to try it purchase. I have at this moment 7 differerent labels in my cabinet, 2 of which are unopened. I buy stuff to enjoy, to drink while te Ags are playing, and to have a bottle to take to a party to share. I'm not a ******* alcoholic sucking down a fifth a day for pete's sake. I know it won't matter to them but I can take my paltry business down the street.
Aggiejue
AG
I was told that if I continue my correct spending levels, I may get a bottle next year! No thanks! I will purchase from the store that has what I'm searching for. A new impressive Total Wine just opened in The Rim and it puts Specs to shame. They have a lottery system going at the moment. On another note, it's a good time for hot based bourbon drinks. I came across BT Bourbon Creme this weekend. Is this Baileys type product worth a try?
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
I came across BT Bourbon Creme this weekend. Is this Baileys type product worth a try?

I like it. It's literally bourbon Baileys. Like everything else bourbon related it can be hard to find sometimes.
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.