Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,850,986 Views | 38527 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by Streetfighter 02
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I reacquainted myself with Willett Family Pot Still last night. I forgot how good it was. It's more of what I would consider a beginner's bourbon because it's not overly complex, but it's still smooth and flavorful. It's definiltey a pour that you don't need to add ice or water to and as someone who likes to enjoy bourbon neat, it gets more points in my book for that feature. You can regularly find it in the low $40's.
tx4guns
AG
DryFly inspired me to have a pour of the Willett last night, too, and I concur. Really enjoyed it.
schmellba99
AG
Enjoying a Larceny with an ice ball tonight. Good easy drinker with a pretty solid flavor.
joshwayne330
quote:
I've bought lots of $50 (and I mean right at that price point). I've only rebought three on a regular basis. Blantons, ETL and Rock Hill Farms. What can I say? I'm a big fan of what Harlen Wheatley puts in and gets out of a barrel, not to mention what all the Master Distillers at BT have done over the years.

Not surprising how all of your picks are out of the same mashbill, I think that is BT#2. You need to locate a Blanton's gold or SFTB to see what it's like reeved up on the proof.
FlyFish95
Keep saying it but it's true, no bigger bang for the buck than Larceny. It's a $23 bottle that drinks like a $45 bottle.
Chickenhawk
quote:
Keep saying it but it's true, no bigger bang for the buck than Larceny. It's a $23 bottle that drinks like a $45 bottle.

Evan williams black label.
GregZeppelin
AG
Georgia: You ever had the Evan Williams White Label?
Chickenhawk
Yep. Didnt really care for the taste.

Jameson is my fav, but i keep e.w. for everyday type stuff.
schmellba99
AG
quote:

For best value that you can drink neat or don't have to otherwise mix, Larceny and EWSB are my top two. I don't think either of them drink like a $45 bottle, but they do drink well above their price point for sure.

I think Larceny may be my next experiment with small barrel aging.
FlyFish95
^
|
|

Good idea.
FriedTex
AG
Is Larceny widely distributed in Texas? I've had a hard time finding it in Indiana- bottle I got was from when I went down to the Bourbon Trail and hit a local liquor store
Quantum ace
AG
Larceny is pretty widely distributed in Texas. It may not be in every store, but it should not be too difficult to track down one that carries it.
schmellba99
AG
I picked up another bottle today at the Goody Goody on HWY 6, along with a 4R YL to put in my barrel.

Debated between the 4R YL and the Larceny and the 4R won out. Probably do Larceny next time.

BTW, Larceny was on sale for $21. Great price for a solid pour.
Señor Chang
AG
FYI, Twin Liquors is doing a whiskey sale right now. Buy two or more 750 mL bottles, and you get 15% off.

I grabbed two bottles I haven't tried before. JR Ewing Bourbon and TX Blended Whiskey.
the dude10
AG
You guys caused me to go back into my bottle of larceny. It has been awhile, but it's actually even better than I remember. Very solid stuff, regardless of price.
FlyFish95
^
|
|

I'm sayin'!

GregZeppelin
AG
Celebrated last nights win with some boar sausage and a couple glasses of George T. Stagg.

God bless football season.
AggieChemist
AG
Wasn't gonna buy any bourbon today but a bottle of 2014 Geo. T. Stagg changed my mind.
Señor Chang
AG
It's out already?!?!?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Buying and drinking good bourbon used to be fun.
FlyFish95
How did you get a bottle of 2014 GTS?
AggieChemist
AG
I purchased it at my local purveyor of spirits.
AggieChemist
AG
FriedTex
AG
Price?
AggieChemist
AG
Way too much. Over msrp.
FlyFish95
Where do you live? I normally don't see it around Houston until November.
AggieChemist
AG
WV
aggiemike89
AG
Hey chemist,
Staying the night in WV on my way to Baltimore. What part of state did u find it in?
AggieChemist
AG
Morgantown.
FlyFish95
Feel free to burn a couch when you pass through.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:

1.05% ABV but 138.1 proof? Something does not compute...
Mathguy64
AG
There are several sites like BTAC tracking map that track the release. I have no idea if they are accurate or just crowd source the info; my bet is the latter. Note WV was listed 9/30.
aggiemike89
AG
I was just BT yesterday and did the tour. They told me it wasn't out yet. On my way to Morgantown now.
the dude10
AG
Reading another thread that mentioned weller 12 got me to go to the back of the cabinet and try it again. I have to say, larceny blows it out of the water IMO. Maybe there is something I am missing, but if I am reaching for a bargain wheater, it will be larceny over weller 12 100% of the time
FlyFish95
Nice to see more people are echoing my love of Larcney. Best bargin bourbon out there.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 1101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.