Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,859,435 Views | 38608 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by h_town_ags
AgHawkeye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was at Twin Liquor today. It was pricey but decided to pick it up.
Ag-Hawkeye
Thisguy1
Picked up a Dickel BIB off the shelf tonight. Worker there told me it was allocated so I called a friend of mine who told me to grab it so I did. What do I have? Paid $38 for it.

Also got the Rare Breed I went in there for.
Farmer1906
AG
Calumet 15 (or is it 14?) is in my cabinet. It's okay. Does live up to the price or it's age.

Eagle Rare is what it is. I would 100% take it over those two.
agcrock2005
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Picked up a Dickel BIB off the shelf tonight. Worker there told me it was allocated so I called a friend of mine who told me to grab it so I did. What do I have? Paid $38 for it.
I think it's garbage but some seem to like it. I took one sip of a bottle last year and then traded it to someone on this thread because I couldn't stand it.
SpiderDude
AG
The Dickel funk is a love it or hate it thing. You'll know either way after the first pour.
Sazerac
AG
hate the Dickel. too nutty.
TikkaShooter
Anyone seen KC12 on the shelf recently? It's done gone around me.
Post removed:
by user
lazuras_dc
AG
TikkaShooter said:

There were some on shelves a few weeks ago my buddy got some in Dfw but haven't seen any since.

Haven't seen any down here in south Texas. Thought I was pretty lucky to come across a 9year 120proof
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Saw it on a shelf saturday
TikkaShooter
Mind shooting me an email as to where? Or where-ish?

Tikkashooter at the yahoo email thingy dot com
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Longhorn liquor katy texas
TikkaShooter
Thank you.
07fta07
AG
Rayford Liquor in Spring had some Monday as well.
ontherocks
AG
Specs in Laredo had about a hundred kc12 a few days ago. Rows were full, not one bottle taken. Didn't know it was rare, would have gotten one. They also have smoke wagon which has impressed me with my limited knowledge.
CTGilley
AG
ontherocks said:

Specs in Laredo had about a hundred kc12 a few days ago. Rows were full, not one bottle taken. Didn't know it was rare, would have gotten one. They also have smoke wagon which has impressed me with my limited knowledge.
It has been pretty rare. They seem to get dumped all at one time. Regular Smoke Wagon is fine but I do not get they hype on UU. I have batch 38. Maybe it is just a bad one but I don't plan to buy another.

I went into a small store yesterday in BFE and they had a case of ER on the shelf at $40 and would let me buy it all. I have a couple unopened bottles at the house so I left them for the next person.
ontherocks
AG
Yeah I have the smoke wagon small batch straight whiskey, I like it. They have a new commemorative type bottle (not sure the exact bourbon) the last time I went to specs, should have gotten it and the kc12 looking back. Just bought the colonel e h taylor small batch and I am not a fan at all, would take the smoke wagon over it any day. I guess it just depends on your palate. I am new to drinking bourbon, so I am sure mine will continue to evolve.

djmeen95
AG
FTAco07 said:

Total Wine summer allocation emails are out. Good news is I'm 3/3 this year, but it's a bit amusing my big prize is a bottle of Blanton's.

Ditto. Got a Blanton's.
tlfw378
AG
Seems today's Friday pour I'm in the mood for something a little sour like a Whistle Pig 12 year.
MarathonAg12
GB Guadalupe has been released!

$129.99 for those Texas Steer Tears

First person was in line at Hye, TX at 9:30am yesterday. People camped all night long in order to grab up to two bottles of GB's latest released. The line was miles long and sold out quickly.
TamuKid
AG
And I'm sure a lot then immediately posted it for trade for some Wallerz 12.
MarathonAg12
TamuKid said:

And I'm sure a lot then immediately posted it for trade for some Wallerz 12.

More than that. I've had people reach out to me wanting my Stagg Jr B12 1:1 or Weller Full Proof and ETL 1:1
SpiderDude
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

GB Guadalupe has been released!

$129.99 for those Texas Steer Tears

First person was in line at Hye, TX at 9:30am yesterday. People camped all night long in order to grab up to two bottles of GB's latest released. The line was miles long and sold out quickly.

I don't get the GB love. I really don't. They're a marketing marvel tho... I'll give them that!
Saint Pablo
Is the Matthew McConnaughey Longbranch Wild Turkey any good? Never seen it before, but see it at the duty free shop in Mexico at the airport lol
John Francis Donaghy
Saint Pablo said:

Is the Matthew McConnaughey Longbranch Wild Turkey any good? Never seen it before, but see it at the duty free shop in Mexico at the airport lol

If it was good, they wouldn't have to pay a celebrity to put their name on the bottle.
Saint Pablo
Touch!
MarathonAg12
People trading their ETL 1:1 for Guadalupe
aggielostinETX
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

People trading their ETL 1:1 for Guadalupe

Idiots
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
jetch17
AG
lol
TamuKid
AG
I haven't tried Guadalupe. But ETL ain't that great. So retail-wise, seems like a decent trade.
AgInSingapore
AG
Grabbed a Penelope Barrel Strength batch 7 today, looking forward to trying it.
jetch17
AG
I'll take ETL over anything GB
John Francis Donaghy
TamuKid said:

I haven't tried Guadalupe. But ETL ain't that great. So retail-wise, seems like a decent trade.

Used to be the very best value in bourbon before Elmer himself passed. Prior to that he hand picked every barrel that went into his signature label. Not sure the quality has kept up since that ended.
Reginald Cousins
S
TamuKid said:

Hush your mouth.

One of my favorite pours.

That said, all palates differ.
Reginald Cousins
S
jetch17 said:

I'll take ETL over anything GB

This.
First Page Last Page
Page 645 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.