Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,838,712 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by AgCzar
proc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0708aggie said:

Anyone tried the Old Ezra 7, Barrel Proof?
That is worth buying and drinking. Good stuff.
0708aggie
AG
found a case yesterday, might go back for more
Sazerac
AG
I like OE7. Would be interested in a BP if in Houston.
0708aggie
AG
DFW
CTGilley
AG
Good two days!
AgHawkeye
AG
CTGilley said:

Good two days!

How in the hell? Do you people not have jobs? I would kill to be able to find one of those.
Ag-Hawkeye
CTGilley
AG
I stopped in on the way to the office. Most finds are when I am traveling for work and stop in small stores at lunch or on the way home.
AgHawkeye
AG
CTGilley said:

I stopped in on the way to the office. Most finds are when I am traveling for work and stop in small stores at lunch or on the way home.

Well then I will just be jealous that the liquor stores are open when you are on your way into the office.
Ag-Hawkeye
MW03
AG
The lack of Stagg Jr. on the shelf is the probably the single thing that frustrates me the most when shopping. I don't even ask about it anymore.
Sazerac
AG
What did you pay for Stagg Jr?

Buddy got it for $45 last year at a Fiesta Bev Mart. That's gotta be the best bottle / $ in the world.
lazuras_dc
AG
care to trade for that ECTB? E-mail me lazurasdc at yahoo
MW03
AG
Sazerac said:

What did you pay for Stagg Jr?

Buddy got it for $45 last year at a Fiesta Bev Mart. That's gotta be the best bottle / $ in the world.
That's the funniest part about all of this. The reputation of a lot of these bottles is based on the value. Stagg Jr. is an excellent bourbon at $55. It's a really, really good bourbon at $100.

$150+, I'm walking away from it. Just not an excellent bourbon at that price to me.
CTGilley
AG
I got one for $45 last year. Both of these were $58. Best whiskey I have had the opportunity to try.
Sazerac
AG
What would you buy at $150 price point? I just don't buy at that price point...unless I see BTAC at retail (ha!).
Even at $100...what do you actually buy retail at that price point? I've paid $75 for ECBP, and I would pay $100 for ECBP and Stagg Jr.
Wheatables02
AG
Did Luxco get sued for using Rebel Yell? It's just Rebel now...
CTGilley
AG
I would pick up a Bardstown Discovery at retail. I have sampled a few and I think they are worth the price.
MW03
AG
Sazerac said:

What would you buy at $150 price point? I just don't buy at that price point...unless I see BTAC at retail (ha!).
Even at $100...what do you actually buy retail at that price point? I've paid $75 for ECBP, and I would pay $100 for ECBP and Stagg Jr.
I can't put my finger on one off the top of mind I would pay $150 for outside of the BTAC collection either. I usually will balk at anything $75+. I will pay for Bookers now that they raised their prices, but I have a soft spot for bookers.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I believe they are proactively changing it.

Also, MGP owns it all now anyways. Maybe MGP wanted to rebrand/re-launch.
proc
AG
I'm seeing a few Blue Note 17s in liquor stores at $165 to $175. That's a no from me, dawg.
proc
AG
Sazerac said:

This is a really good topic, and I agree. I have paid over $100 for four bottles in my lifetime, and have a hard time thinking of anything outside of BTAC that would be worth that.
Sazerac
AG
Retail I've paid I think $110 for little book 3 (still haven't opened) and $90 for EHT rye.

After market $300 THH a few years ago and $150 Stagg JR last year

That's the most I've spent on bottles. I'd buy any BTAC at up to $300 max. No interest beyond that.
MarathonAg12
Who got in on this today? And how long did you camp out for?

It's raining Stagg Jr all over Texas.

Pac1698
AG
My wife just bought me a Discovery 4 for Father's Day. I was looking for Maker's 101, which she also found at the same store. I believe she paid $140, which she knows I would never pay that myself. I was really grateful!
CTGilley
AG
That Maker's FAE-01 is good if you have not tried it. I finished mine. It is just over the price point where I want another one but it is very close.
proc
AG
Looks like Specs everywhere are getting Weller drops. These are the days I regret moving so far from the city.
Bourbon Junkie
CTGilley said:

I would pick up a Bardstown Discovery at retail. I have sampled a few and I think they are worth the price.

I got a Disco 4 with your name on it for one of those Stagg Juniors if you're interested...
Bourbon Junkie
Wheatables02 said:

Brand started in 1936 so it's probably just MGP announcing their presence with authority.
CTGilley
AG

MarathonAg12
Cheers!
lazuras_dc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Cheers!

Dang AgBrewer prob got some bourbon envy right now. Exactly what he's been searchin' for
lazuras_dc
AG

Thought this was pretty cool. 18 year rum finished locally here in corpus in 4R barrel.
proc
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Thought this was pretty cool. 18 year rum finished locally here in corpus in 4R barrel.
That is pretty cool. And batch 1 barrel 1 to boot. Now, where to find that in DFW?
Avocado Toast
AG
Went to pick up the CYPB and found a few other goodies
AGdent07
AG
Anybody got any info/reviews on blue note 17 year? Got offered a bottle and didn't know much about it. Thanks in advance
LPHA
AG
Dickel distillate without the Lincoln county process
First Page Last Page
Page 636 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.