Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,853,697 Views | 38544 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Naveronski
SpiderDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sazerac said:

For me MWND is the second best Rye on the market after THH. Maybe third is you want to count Tempe Sazerac 18. That one you're lucky to find a pour to pay for though.

You should try the Redemption 10 year BP Rye. It (surprisingly) has a lot of the same notes as THH. I'd give the THH a slight edge but considering the Redemption is sitting on shelves collecting dust is a helluva steal.
Post removed:
by user
MarathonAg12
third coast.. said:

RenoAg said:

My personal rankings for ryes, including my unsophisticated commentary pretentious tasting notes be damned:

Bookers Rye. The ultimate pour, bar none. Very high proof. But is so rich in flavor while not being the slightest bit overbearing as the proof might suggest. It's like getting kicked in the nads but instead of pain, it feels like you got your nut. Completely unexpected. You'll want more. But there ain't any more.

I've got 2.4

Do you cash in on all the duty free shops all over the world when you port?
Sazerac
AG
I really love the EHT Rye as well. Tastes like nothing else.

Would love to get my hands on a Bookers Rye...
Post removed:
by user
MarathonAg12
third coast.. said:

I bought 3 ew23s in Dubai and I've bought probably a truckload of ew12, wt8 and 4r platinum from Japan.

Boy did I join the the wrong branch of service. All I got was clinical depression, bad knees and 800mg of Ibuprofen.

Nice hauls man!
CharlieBrown17
AG
Marathon shoot me an email at charliebrowncrew@gmail.com

Have a buddy at hood looking to get into bourbon
MarathonAg12
CharlieBrown17 said:

Marathon shoot me an email at charliebrowncrew@gmail.com

Have a buddy at hood looking to get into bourbon

You got it man. I need to unload some juice to fund this hobby. I can provide quite a few samples and maybe have him over for a few pours.

If he likes it, I have Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare and EHT SmB that I will give to him at cost to start him off right.
Post removed:
by user
CharlieBrown17
AG
Email sent.

MarathonAg12
third coast.. said:

I'm not in the Navy, just drive boats for them, sort of.

Fair enough.
htxag09
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm not in the Navy, just drive boats for them, sort of.

I feel like there's a joke somewhere in there
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
I was thinking more along the lines of our navy not being able to drive their own boats
AgBQ-00
AG

These guys have another channel I enjoy. But this channel is focused on trying different things. Like hot food challenges etc. But this one they are trying bourbon. Thought yall might like it
Post removed:
by user
MarathonAg12
After receiving a few recommendations, I decided to pick up Maker's Mark FAE-01 2021 this morning and it did not disappoint! Interesting process of only searing half the stave and leaving the other side raw to draw two different flavors during aging.

110.6 Proof

Nose- sweet caramel and spice

Palate- Very woody with vanilla notes. It tastes like employees blowing tobacco pipe smoke into the barrel house during break. Flows like velvet.

Finish- Oak and dark fruit linger down your gullet

Would I buy again? Absolutely. I'll definitely get the FAE-02 release later this year.

Bourbon Junkie
AgBQ-00 said:

These guys have another channel I enjoy. But this channel is focused on trying different things. Like hot food challenges etc. But this one they are trying bourbon. Thought yall might like it

Yeah, these guys were funny. Thanks for posting. Kinda like watching Benny Hill when I'm 8 years old though - not sure I understood half of what they said. Some funny quotes...

On Buffalo Trace:
"I was expecting smokier" - not sure he understands the basic differences between scotch and bourbon
"I think that's got scotchy flavors to it" - I'm not a scotch expert but I'm dubious Buffalo Trace tastes like scotch

Eagle Rare:
"You taste the extra 5% alcohol" (compared to the 80 proof Buffalo Trace) - don't send a Stagg Jr to him
"Bit more heat in my throat" - I think he drinks a lot of tea

Special Reserve:
"It's got a wheat smell" - makes sense when you think about it
"This is a reserve" - people with Marketing degrees love this guy

AgBQ-00
AG
Yeah they don't have any expertise at all. Just seem like genuine guys doing their thing. Always think it is fun to see reactions to bourbon from non-whiskey drinkers
Wheatables02
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

After receiving a few recommendations, I decided to pick up Maker's Mark FAE-01 2021 this morning and it did not disappoint! Interesting process of only searing half the stave and leaving the other side raw to draw two different flavors during aging.

110.6 Proof

Nose- sweet caramel and spice

Palate- Very woody with vanilla notes. It tastes like employees blowing tobacco pipe smoke into the barrel house during break. Flows like velvet.

Finish- Oak and dark fruit linger down your gullet

Would I buy again? Absolutely. I'll definitely get the FAE-02 release later this year.

You drinking bourbon out of a beer glass??? You do you!
SnyderAg02
I like the review and applaud the effort. More effort than you'll get from me. I swore the rye I had last night had a charcoal smell and flavor. Realized it's the same damn smell I get when my nose is dry. In fact, I've smelled it all day. Therefore, the general taste is the limit of my perspective.
MW03
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Inspiration from MarathonAg -

Just bought a Bardstown Fusion series 4 today. It's really good!

Very thick and viscous. Nose is great is somewhere between a RRSB and old SAOS SB . The 13 year comprising of 40 percent of the bourbon is probably Wild Turkey or MGP.

The taste is initially cinnamon, cherry, vanilla, caramel then transitions into the 3-4 year Bardstown blended with it.

Color is darker golden and not as dark as I prefer but its 60 percent younger bourbon. Really sweet taste with some floral which also tricks me into thinking it might be Four Roses.

This site rates the fusion higher than discovery and it's half the price.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-reviews-bardstown-bourbon-fusion-series-4-discovery-series-4/

edits - just saw its Kentucky Bourbon so I think its WT. Discovery says Indiana so 100 percent chance its MGP

Enjoying one tonight. Will report back.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Anyone know the going rate? Found it in my grandfathers cabinet.
RenoAg
I'm far from an expert but it might help to post a pic of the label on the back too.
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Inspiration from MarathonAg -

Just bought a Bardstown Fusion series 4 today. It's really good!

Very thick and viscous. Nose is great is somewhere between a RRSB and old SAOS SB . The 13 year comprising of 40 percent of the bourbon is probably Wild Turkey or MGP.

The taste is initially cinnamon, cherry, vanilla, caramel then transitions into the 3-4 year Bardstown blended with it.

Color is darker golden and not as dark as I prefer but its 60 percent younger bourbon. Really sweet taste with some floral which also tricks me into thinking it might be Four Roses.

This site rates the fusion higher than discovery and it's half the price.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-reviews-bardstown-bourbon-fusion-series-4-discovery-series-4/

edits - just saw its Kentucky Bourbon so I think its WT. Discovery says Indiana so 100 percent chance its MGP

Enjoying one tonight. Will report back.

Had a glass neat and with an ice cube. This is imminently drinkable. Lots and lots of flavors in there, but the taste I keep coming back to is this peanut brittle, butterscotch flavor. Super creamy, too. Really enjoying this one.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Finished this one off tonight
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Had the 2020 GTS tonight and it's mighty fine. 1 oz for me and 1 oz for the bartender. Don't forget to take care of the service industry folks, it pays dividends if you're a regular.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Aggie Hunter
AG
I see what you did....good job sir.....good job!!!!!
Copp
Where did you have a pour of the GTS 2020?

I had a pour at Bob's chophouse earlier this week and it was fantastic
AGBrewer512
Picked up a Store Pick of Elijah Craig from Deb's Liquor in North Austin. Gilley mentioned EC SP's are pretty good, so I figured why not. Turns out the one that I got is 12 years old, SiB, and 94 proof along with a picture of James Bond on the back of it.

Anyone know why a picture of James Bond is on the back of the bottle?
GarlandAg2012
AG
Rapscallion in Dallas. Only a few pours left
In their bottle. They had Handy as well.
Post removed:
by user
SpiderDude
AG
third coast.. said:

Because is it even really a store pick without some ridiculous stocker on it?

No, it isn't.
AGBrewer512
third coast.. said:

Because is it even really a store pick without some ridiculous sticker on it?

Never really noticed a picture on the back of a store pick before. Of course, I wasn't really looking for one until recently. Most of the store picks that I've seen or purchased in the past have been BT products (e.g. ER, OWS, Blanton's), Balcones, and Treaty Oak.

Picture still doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, they paid for the barrel, might as well customize it however you want.
Sazerac
AG
Subtle
First Page Last Page
Page 612 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.