Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,749,866 Views | 37548 Replies | Last: 6 sec ago by AGdent07
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the dude10 said:

Love seeing all the new riff and Bardstown Bourbon Company talk. Stopped by the latter when we were in Kentucky a few weeks back and loved what they are doing. Very good stuff. Also, every liquor store had a new riff store pick it seemed and all different and tasty. Brought a few of each back home with me. Don't sleep on the Bardstown fusion series either, I wasn't expecting much as everyone talked about discovery series and ignored it but it turned out to be pretty solid as well. Tried a certain new riff at Justin's house of Bourbon and it was one of the best things I had on the trip
hope you got the fried chicken while you were there.

And I've never been a fan of anything Bardstown Bourbon Co has put out and I get a flight of their latest stuff each time I've been. Haven't had this fusion series 4 everyone is gushing about tho.
Daytona22
AG
We had 74 people respond with an average of two bottles per person so I think we could cover a barrel pretty easily so I think the interest is there.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Was able to get my hands on black label. Has anyone had it and how does it compare to the original?
wessimo
AG
One way to find out... I'm happy to come over and taste if you want my opinion.
Aggie Hunter
AG
So I was hoping someone good explain it to me. It was made for the Japan market and its only 80 proof compared to the original being 93. However the special reserve is 80 proof so curious which one it's closer too.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
80 proof? Hard pass.
trouble
AG
I was not esp impressed with it the other night esp for their prices.
Sazerac
AG
I do want to get my hands on the straight from the barrel to see how it competes with the best barrel strength on the market.
Wheatables02
AG
Inspiration from MarathonAg -

Just bought a Bardstown Fusion series 4 today. It's really good!

Very thick and viscous. Nose is great is somewhere between a RRSB and old SAOS SB . The 13 year comprising of 40 percent of the bourbon is probably Wild Turkey or MGP.

The taste is initially cinnamon, cherry, vanilla, caramel then transitions into the 3-4 year Bardstown blended with it.

Color is darker golden and not as dark as I prefer but its 60 percent younger bourbon. Really sweet taste with some floral which also tricks me into thinking it might be Four Roses.

This site rates the fusion higher than discovery and it's half the price.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-reviews-bardstown-bourbon-fusion-series-4-discovery-series-4/

edits - just saw its Kentucky Bourbon so I think its WT. Discovery says Indiana so 100 percent chance its MGP
MarathonAg12
Wheatables02 said:

Inspiration from MarathonAg -

Just bought a Bardstown Fusion series 4 today. It's really good!

Very thick and viscous. Nose is great is somewhere between a RRSB and old SAOS SB . The 13 year comprising of 40 percent of the bourbon is probably Wild Turkey or MGP.

The taste is initially cinnamon, cherry, vanilla, caramel then transitions into the 3-4 year Bardstown blended with it.

Color is darker golden and not as dark as I prefer but its 60 percent younger bourbon. Really sweet taste with some floral which also tricks me into thinking it might be Four Roses.

This site rates the fusion higher than discovery and it's half the price.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-reviews-bardstown-bourbon-fusion-series-4-discovery-series-4/

edits - just saw its Kentucky Bourbon so I think its WT. Discovery says Indiana so 100 percent chance its MGP

Great write up! I think I may go grab a fusion tomorrow and wet my whistle as well before I open up the Bardstown Discovery.
betadawg1
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

So I was hoping someone good explain it to me. It was made for the Japan market and its only 80 proof compared to the original being 93. However the special reserve is 80 proof so curious which one it's closer too.

Blanton's Special Reserve (green label) & the Japanese Black are essentially the same thing, both 80 proof. Blanton's single barrel (what we get in the states) & the Japanese Red are also essentially the same thing, both 93 proof.

The only difference I have heard, but haven't found any verification is that the Japanese versions are aged 2 more years than the others (6 years vs. 8 years).
Aggie Hunter
AG
Thank you sir, I plan on busting it open this weekend. I will report back.
AggBock
AG
https://www.gobourbon.com/exclusive-buffalo-trace-releasing-new-eh-taylor-warehouse-c-batch-door-slightly-ajar/?fbclid=IwAR2tFVMD6lOM0aJbQVM-BdvqdcMHN1vFCJ2pD_hA0mYPy_Y1WxH5tMoPluY

New bourbon to try
jetch17
stroodles
AG
MSRP of $14.99 - secondary $1499. I'd love to try it, but the odds of seeing it anywhere close to a reasonable price is zero.
SweaterVest
AG
stroodles said:

MSRP of $14.99 - secondary $1499. I'd love to try it, but the odds of seeing it anywhere close to a reasonable price is zero.
I think you're missing something...
jetch17
AG
im waiting for the 'placed 1 rack higher than any of the others'
stroodles
AG
DAMN IT!!!!
proc
AG
One person's opinion, Bardstown Fusion is good as a $55 daily drinker, but nothing special. And I am not buying a Discovery at their price until I have sampled it.

Bottles I have tried this year that are better, and most are the same price point.

New Riff SiB
Blue Note SiB
Redemption High Rye 10 year (This one is more in the $90 price point)
Chattanooga 111
Russells Reserve SiB
Maker's FAE
Woodinville SiB
Harbinger
Lone Elm
stroodles
AG
I got busted yesterday too. Walked into a local mom and pop shop yesterday and found a blantons box on the shelf with a $59.99 price tag. Thought it was my lucky day until I opened the box - he put a cheap bottle of booze inside with a little note. Owner was laughing his ass off, but said I wasnt the first.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
SweaterVest said:

stroodles said:

I think you're missing something...

Gets'em every year
AGBrewer512
proc said:

One person's opinion, Bardstown Fusion is good as a $55 daily drinker, but nothing special. And I am not buying a Discovery at their price until I have sampled it.

Bottles I have tried this year that are better, and most are the same price point.

New Riff SiB
Blue Note SiB
Chattanooga 111
Russells Reserve SiB
Maker's FAE
Woodinville SiB
Harbinger
Lone Elm
Thoughts on the Chattanooga 111?
proc
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

New Riff SiB
Blue Note SiB
Chattanooga 111
Russells Reserve SiB
Maker's FAE
Woodinville SiB
Harbinger
Lone Elm
Worth it. Really underrated product at retail.
AGBrewer512
proc said:

AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

New Riff SiB
Blue Note SiB
Chattanooga 111
Russells Reserve SiB
Maker's FAE
Woodinville SiB
Harbinger
Lone Elm
That is another one that I've had my eye on.

I keep telling myself I don't need another readily available Bourbon, but you guys are making me encroach on my bourbon budget for the month.
MarathonAg12
Man,

I had a guy offering me Weller 12 for my MWND AND Bardstown Discovery 4.......yikes.

I have my Discovery 4, MWND, ECBPC920 SW U/U, EHT SmB up for trades and have been receiving some interesting and entertaining offers.

Narrowing in on a couple solid trades though. Let me know if anyone is interested in those selections.

morales dot santiago89 at gmail dot com
HouseDivided06
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Man,

I had a guy offering me Weller 12 for my MWND AND Bardstown Discovery 4.......yikes.

I have my Discovery 4, MWND, ECBPC920 SW U/U, EHT SmB up for trades and have been receiving some interesting and entertaining offers.

Narrowing in on a couple solid trades though.
You're not considering this, are you? Both of those are vastly superior to W12...
MarathonAg12
HouseDivided06 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Man,

Narrowing in on a couple solid trades though.
You're not considering this, are you? Both of those are vastly superior to W12...

That's why I put YIKES!!

$49 bottle for a $70-80 and $125 bottles at MSRP.

HouseDivided06
AG
Well given your review of Weller 12 a few pages back I wasn't sure if you were enamored with it. Lol
LPHA
AG
MSRP doesn't really mean anything in the secondary world.

I thought you were pumped about opening the Discovery 4.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Did someone mention this awhile back? I scrolled back but couldn't find anything. I have never had it.
Bourbon Junkie
AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

New Riff SiB
Blue Note SiB
Chattanooga 111
Russells Reserve SiB
Maker's FAE
Woodinville SiB
Harbinger
Lone Elm

I keep telling myself I don't need another readily available Bourbon, but you guys are making me encroach on my bourbon budget for the month.
It's the first day of the month and you're already encroaching on your monthly bourbon budget?

You're my hero.
CTGilley
AG
Bourbon Junkie said:

AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

New Riff SiB
Blue Note SiB
Chattanooga 111
Russells Reserve SiB
Maker's FAE
Woodinville SiB
Harbinger
Lone Elm

It's the first day of the month and you're already encroaching on your monthly bourbon budget?

You're my hero.
I already Blew mine. Picked up 6 EC picks ranging from 9-12yo and a 12 year Knob pick from a guy cleaning the cabinet ~$30 a bottle.

Good news selling an Eric Church JD covered about half.
MarathonAg12
HouseDivided06 said:

Well given your review of Weller 12 a few pages back I wasn't sure if you were enamored with it. Lol

It's just my style of writing. And it was my first time having it W12. I'll take 107 over W12 anytime though. That is delicious bourbon.

I'll be getting a WFP store pick in a few days via trade. It's pretty eye opening what some people find in trade value for different bottles. Some people go by secondary and then some people say "well I can pick it up for xxx off the shelves ".
lazuras_dc
AG
Hows the standard bardstown discovery? (not sure I saw what series it was... or if there is a generic one thats not series 4) Saw one of those today at TW
MarathonAg12
LPHA said:

MSRP doesn't really mean anything in the secondary world.

I thought you were pumped about opening the Discovery 4.

I disagree. There are both types: people who will use the MSRP to leverage trade value down and people who will use the secondary to drive the trade value up.

Example: MWND Act 8 Scene 2

I've had someone who told me they can find it for $78 and then I have another person they will trade me WFP if I throw in an ER kicker.
First Page Last Page
Page 610 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.