Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,851,161 Views | 38531 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Aggie Therapist
Cyprian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just came in to brag that I have a brother in the Lexington KY area that has agreed to hook me up with some allocated bottles on a regular basis. He's a short drive from the BT distillery, and recently got into bourbon.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Beckett12
AG
Following up with TAMUkid

Thanks. The advise I needed. They are currently resting on the side. They are unopened at this point and no plan to open anytime soon. My guy told me don't let them lay on the side once opened as they will drip. I can put in them upright in the bar cabinet if that is best. If unopened can they rest on the side? I will go ahead and move them for now.

I will ask him if he has more of either one. Probably not because he gets his allocation right before Christmas, but I will check.

He sold them at $200 each. not sure that is good, but seemed ok to me given that they are hard to find.

Thanks to all.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Only stand upright. The alcohol will destroy the cork.
Beckett12
AG
Done. Thanks guys, exactly what I needed.
FriedTex
AG
Tasted ok but it also tastes a little fake - like they added a flavoring agent
FriedTex
AG
Blanton is the only special thing you can get in the gift shop fwiw
Aggie Hunter
AG
So I am newly addicted to smoked old fashions and just getting into bourbon's. How are these two and any others you recommend for smoked OF.
Sazerac
AG
I've got the Breville burner. What are you using?

Had them for the first time in NYC in 2018 and was gifted a setup. Need to break it out more often...in fact I make just been inspired!
Aggie Hunter
AG
I have the cypress sunrise (works great). I was in Fort Worth last year anar the bartender recommended one. Now I'm addicted just trying to find new bourbons to try.

Pasquale Liucci
AG
Haven't had a chance to try the High West but but RR Rye is *chef's kiss*. All of their stuff is seriously underrated.
cc10106
Finally picked up some Michter's for the first time, and their straight rye was better than I hoped. Gonna have to track down one of their rarer releases down the road.
SpiderDude
AG
DubFalls said:

I should be getting a bottle of Early Times BiB in the next week or two. What everyone's thoughts on it?

Reviews seem to say it is great for the price but not awesome, but some people rave about it.

One of, if not the best values on the market. For the money nothing touches it. Well...I do love me some OGD BiB also but you won't be let down of you paid msrp.
SpiderDude
AG
I haven't splurged on a gun yet but a Cedar plank, torch, dried rosemary and upside down glass work just fine.
Wheatables02
AG

Sazerac
AG

Sazerac
AG
This is cool. Surprised a Bookers box is that tight
TamuKid
AG
I think you got the answer you needed. But yes, the higher alcohol content of liquor (bourbon, in this case) will deteriorate the cork over time, versus wine, which has a lower alcohol content so it doesn't.

So definitely store upright.

Sunlight and changes in temp are the only other things that can really hurt it/change it. So just keep it in a dark, consistent temp spot, upright. And that's all.
Bourbon Junkie
https://www.breakingbourbon.com/article/bourbon-storage-experiment

This is a pretty good read on sunlight, temp, age, etc.
CharlieBrown17
AG
This year EHT special release is pretty underwhelming. It's EHT warehouse C, which is the same warehouse from the tornado release but now with none of the tornado.
SpiderDude
AG
RIP. Need more.
SpiderDude
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

This year EHT special release is pretty underwhelming. It's EHT warehouse C, which is the same warehouse from the tornado release but now with none of the tornado.

Great... I'll take yours.
SpiderDude
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Looks sexy af but can't help but think of this seeing that...

CactusThomas
AG
Is that bookers menthol?
CharlieBrown17
AG
SpiderDude said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Great... I'll take yours.

Just seems like a release for the sake of having a hyped release.
the dude10
AG
WreckitRalph90 said:

Is anyone hunting for a weller FP in austin? If so what do you have to trade?

I have been looking and have EHTBP if you haven't already secured a trade
WreckitRalph90
AG
Nope! EHTBP has been a goal for awhile! 2 81 four one five 9148
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

More exciting news, supposedly Four Grain is going to be an annual release now.
Wheatables02
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

More exciting news, supposedly Four Grain is going to be an annual release now.

An annual secondary cost of $900 and something you'll never see in store.

Disclaimer - I got one from my local in 2017 and drank it all. It's good but not great. Seasoned wood was better. Now my store management has changed and I settle for garbage.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Well at least this will keep it at 900 secondary not 2k +++ like the older one off EHT releases
MarathonAg12
Tell me about Knob Creek.

Quite a selection at my Class 6.

There's a Single Barrel Reserve 9 Year or a 12 year.

Not bad prices either.
CactusThomas
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Tell me about Knob Creek.

Quite a selection at my Class 6.

There's a Single Barrel Reserve 9 Year or a 12 year.

Not bad prices either.

I love both
Sazerac
AG
The 120 proof may be the best bang for the buck Bourbon. And it's usually on the shelf somewhere in town...and at $5x retail. It's excellent.

I was searching for a 12yr today actually. Only seen it on a shelf once.

My only complaint about KC is the stupid wax coverings make a huge mess when you open a new bottle.
Ornithopter
AG
I'm a big fan of the regular Knob Creek 9 year at 100 proof. For $26-$27, it's great neat and the price works for cocktails too.
MW03
AG
I really thought KC was criminally underrated, then it became impossible to find KC12 (or anything other than the standard 9) anywhere. I guess the word is out.
CTGilley
AG
I find it simi often but it is $65 and barrel picks are $50. I know I should get it but I am being dumb.
First Page Last Page
Page 572 of 1101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.