Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,036 Views | 37521 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by tu ag
StEdsCOOG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No WFP in Houston, just OWA. FP just to Dallas area. Blanton's store pick hits select Houston locations on Friday.
cozart
AG
any leads on which stores? I can actually get out and hunt tomorrow morning.
Sazerac
AG
my understanding is Specs will use their call-list for Blanton's. I don't think it will be on the floor...maybe at Smith St.
07fta07
AG
I've heard the same on no WFP in Houston. We'll see. Makes sense because Houston got the WFP pick last year and Dallas didn't.
Sazerac
AG
which of you idiots is standing in line at specs?
postman56
AG
Might be me in about 20 minutes!

I'd be happy to take a leftover OWA if they have em too
07fta07
AG
They went thru 21 cases last night from what I heard. And some other stores got some too, so not likely but you never know.
Saint Pablo
Ran by a mom and pop shop near my office in Ft. Worth last night to pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig for a work white elephant party. Behind the counter I spotted Stagg, Stagg Jr., Booker, Little Book, Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel, and EHT. I was excited to see all of that and checked the prices...$700, $300, $300, $150, $150, and $70 respectively. Utter insanity!
mazag08
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Ran by a mom and pop shop near my office in Ft. Worth last night to pick up a bottle of Elijah Craig for a work white elephant party. Behind the counter I spotted Stagg, Stagg Jr., Booker, Little Book, Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel, and EHT. I was excited to see all of that and checked the prices...$700, $300, $300, $150, $150, and $70 respectively. Utter insanity!
That's ****ing absurd.
Broncos
Saint Pablo said:

I'd consider the EHT at $70. Definitely not the others.
Saint Pablo
Broncos said:

Saint Pablo said:

I'd consider the EHT at $70. Definitely not the others.
Yeah I got the EHT for my dad for Christmas....I have found Stagg Jr. for $50 before couldn't believe to see it at $300. Almost routinely see Booker for $70-80. I was so excited to see the toasted barrel as I love everything Elijah Craig, but $150 is ridiculous!
SpiderDude
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Wait... so they're charging twice as much for the Booker's as the Little Book?! You sure you don't have those backwards???
Saint Pablo
SpiderDude said:

Saint Pablo said:

Wait... so they're charging twice as much for the Booker's as the Little Book?! You sure you don't have those backwards???
Yeah I have those backwards!
Allen Gamble
I'm new to the thread, but have been lurking the past week.

I literally called 3 total wines, 4 Spec's, and visited a Spec's and 2 total wines yesterday in the Houston Area. All inside the loop as well.

None of them had any Stagg, EH Taylor, Weller, or Blanton's. They gave me the spiel that you have to be on a waitlist to have access because it's all allocated.

Anybody have any mom/pop liquor stores in the Houston area they recommend? I want to gift my dad either Blanton's or EH Taylor for Xmas but I'm beginning to think it's next to impossible at this point.
Broncos
Go to the whiskey trading thread. You'll have better luck finding something on the secondary market for those.
Sazerac
AG
Willing to overpay you can get anything in Houston

Retail only? Not a chance
07fta07
AG
Total Wine puts it on the shelf when they get it with the exception of Blanton's. That's now lottery only.
Specs...good luck unless you know someone at the store. Managers guard that stuff. Smith street downtown would be your best bet.

Whether they have it or not at either store, calling isn't likely to get you anything other than "we don't have it"

Other than mom and pops, Stagg Jr is likely done for several months until batch 15 release in the spring. EHT, Weller, etc last somewhere between 0 and 30 minutes once they hit the shelf so you have to get lucky and be there when they put it out. If you need Blanton's or EHT soon, it's secondary or the trade thread.

LPHA
AG
From what I've read, batch 15 should be coming out very soon
07fta07
AG
It's out in the NE already. Texas is always way behind.
Broncos
07fta07 said:

It's out in the NE already. Texas is always way behind.
At least we don't live in NE.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Wait... so they're charging twice as much for the Booker's as the Little Book?! You sure you don't have those backwards??
Can you tell me anything about Little Book? Never had it.
Sazerac
AG
Blend of 4. Each release is different. Google for the details.

Book 3 is at least barrel proof versions of beam's four small batch lines.
schwack schwack
AG
Generally, are they any good? How do they compare to the Booker's releases?

CharlieBrown17
AG
Ch 2 was excellent. Ch 3 was good but not sure it was better than a KC120 pick.
Sazerac
AG
Looking for Bookers in Houston
Fiesta beverage on Hillcroft has a bunch of 2020-01 Gramny
Sazerac
AG
1 ECBP for $86 at Christys San Felipe if anyone is willing to pay the markup.
CTGilley
AG
Sazerac said:

1 ECBP for $86 at Christys San Felipe if anyone is willing to pay the markup.

If I didn't have 2, I probably would.
FTAco07
AG
A coworker's wife called him from a store somewhere in Dallas (not sure which one) while he was in my office asking if he wanted a Weller Full Proof and/or EHT Small Batch. Thankfully he asked the price because they were $399 and $130 which was a quick pass.
Saint Pablo
FTAco07 said:

A coworker's wife called him from a store somewhere in Dallas (not sure which one) while he was in my office asking if he wanted a Weller Full Proof and/or EHT Small Batch. Thankfully he asked the price because they were $399 and $130 which was a quick pass.
Sazerac
AG
2 total wine
2 goody goody
2 specs
3 fiesta Bev marts
1 local

Jack ****
Naveronski
AG
That many stops takes a lot of time, especially if you're giving out smokes and a handy at each.

Are you hunting something specific, or just killing time?
Allen Gamble
It's a miracle. Found EHT Small Batch at an obscure liquor store just a stone's throw from my place on Washington Ave in Houston. $69 and was literally standing at the checkout counter.

Couldn't believe it
Sazerac
AG
Heard some fiestas had EHT yesterday so did a loop of those on the Westside. Errands at highland village so hit the others during the trip.

Non of the big box even had rare breed bourbon or rye....

Goody goody is doing a weekly drawing to let you buy allocated bottles. Have to buy something then drop your receipt in the kitty. Seems like the best process.
jetch17
AG
JFC if rare breed starts getting scarce...
Naveronski
AG
Buying a bottle a week just to enter the drawing is a lot of booze after a while.
First Page Last Page
Page 561 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.