Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,748,502 Views | 37528 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by FTAC2011
TamuKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
62strat said:

this reminds me of trying to get tickets to high demand shows on ticketmaster.. Metallica S&M2, Tool, etc.

All this # in line business lol.

Demand and Supply is such a beautiful but often tragic (like in this case) thing to see in action. Coming from a Supply Chain guy.
AGdent07
AG
Well looks like we are once again back where we started. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took time out to login and try to secure a barrel. You can all see how frustrating this process is. Unfortunately there is a ton of demand and a major lack of supply. Sounds like we all need to have a big pour of good bourbon tonight.
Sazerac
AG
It is a day that ends in Y
TamuKid
AG
What's Eagle Rare's MSRP now? Last couple times I've bought recently, I'm getting it rung up at $38.99 (one Twin Liquor and one at a mom and pop). I swear it was $28.99 earlier this year? Or am I misremembering?
Sazerac
AG
$29 usually
Jdrexgman
AG
AGdent07 said:

Well looks like we are once again back where we started. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took time out to login and try to secure a barrel. You can all see how frustrating this process is. Unfortunately there is a ton of demand and a major lack of supply. Sounds like we all need to have a big pour of good bourbon tonight.

Does the BT barrel select program email out reminders/notifications on the date/time when they go on sale for this time next year?
AGdent07
AG
Yeah. They send an email in advance reminding you of the time and date.
Bunk Moreland
I have a note into a guy at Heaven Hill. Long shot but will let y'all know if it leads anywhere.
Daytona22
AG
Nice. I got nothing... should've had cc already pre populated.

ETA: in response to the village liquor blantons pick. I got it to my cart but checkout didn't work. Too slow on the typing.
tlfw378
AG
Is there a hierarchy in the barrel pick selection process where individuals are behind the major liquor stores out there? Like a Specs or TW can get multiple barrels before individuals. Or are we all truly in the same boat. I would think not. We are competing for any leftover barrels.
Bunk Moreland
tlfw378 said:

Is there a hierarchy in the barrel pick selection process where individuals are behind the major liquor stores out there? Like a Specs or TW can get multiple barrels before individuals. Or are we all truly in the same boat. I would think not. We are competing for any leftover barrels.

I guarantee a larger portion of store account owners and distributors were put into the upper ranks (randomly of course) than the lowly customers.
GarlandAg2012
AG
It's my lucky day. Goody Goody allocated favorites raffle came in clutch for me.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Sazerac
AG
Congrats!
Had that pour last week.
07fta07
AG
It's been $35 the last couple times I've seen at TW. Earlier this year it was $30.
Bmac04
AG
Let me know if you want to trade it for beer
Broncos
Bmac04 said:

Let me know if you want to trade it for beer
...or a bottle of Tito's.
Goodest Poster
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

tlfw378 said:

I guarantee a larger portion of store account owners and distributors were put into the upper ranks (randomly of course) than the lowly customers.

Has to be the case. Otherwise, they only sold 67 barrels today across all product lines. Process lacks transparency and is pretty irritating.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Wednesday drinks. Bernheim vs S-W.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
This is it. IYKYK.
CactusThomas
AG
Idk
TamuKid
AG
CactusThomas said:

Idk

Ditto
TamuKid
AG
Weller Wednesday. Wish we had landed a barrel of this today!
Sazerac
AG
I was just asking about OE7 - I'm not seeing it anywhere. Did you find it in store?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Twins had one or two Tuesday in a bundle on S Lamar if you're in Austin.
LPHA
AG
OWA just dropped. Downtown specs
07fta07
AG
Got one! Was hoping it was going to be WFP like the rumors going around today said, but this will do just fine.
LPHA
AG
Tomorrow morning. Also don't tell anyone so there's no line
Chuck Hythloday
AG
Does anyone have a bottle of Blanton's in Dallas that they are willing to part with? Looking to buy one as a gift. Thanks
07fta07
AG
There were a ton of people waiting around for it today so I suspect the line will be about a million people deep by 9:00 tomorrow morning. I won't be one of them.
LPHA
AG
I'm sure it'll be nuts, and I won't be there. Hopefully a proxy that doesn't value their time will be though
TamuKid
AG
Sazerac said:

I was just asking about OE7 - I'm not seeing it anywhere. Did you find it in store?

Picked a few up over the summer (TW and TL). Nothing recent.
MJ20/20
AG
How confident are you that they'll have wfp in the morning?
LPHA
AG
7/10? My friend said it was coming tomorrow, and something else was coming today. Then owa dropped.
LPHA
AG
Maybe not in the morning, but possible. Probably 1/2 or later in the afternoon. Gotta make the taters stew a little
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Stagg #1, Bernheim 107 #2, M20 3rd.
First Page Last Page
Page 560 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.