Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,250 Views | 37594 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by CTGilley
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WP10, FRSB, or a pick if the restaurant/bar has one are my usuals. If I'm in the mood for scotch, Balvenie Caribbean or single barrel. In the past I've been fortunate in that the admin who booked the space overestimated how much we'd spend to the point we end up drinking BTAC and bottles of champagne in order to hit the minimum.
FTAco07
AG
I don't know about "normal", but one company holiday party I attended last year had OWA 107 was the standard pour with a Pappy Lot B and a GTS available as options for neat pours. That was a great party!
CharlieBrown17
AG
Naveronski said:

What's your "company Christmas party" whiskey/bourbon?

Available at most higher end restaurants. Not "cheap", but not expensive enough to raise an eyebrow. Neat or on the rocks.

Depends on the bar and their pricing obviously, but I'd say ECBP, EHT SmB, and Pikesville rye should fit the bill. Should be 8-12 dollars a pour.
djmeen95
AG
Thanks for the heads up on the Costco liquor shipments.

Swung by today at open and got a 4 Roses single barrel and baby Blantons single barrel select. Whoop!

07fta07
AG
Where at?
djmeen95
AG
The Costco up in Humble. Delivery truck was there right before open.

EDIT:
they had about 6 bottles of the 4 Roses. Didn't see any other Blantons.
AGdent07
AG
Well I finally got the much awaited call for George T Stagg. Man it feels like Christmas. Told my wife watch the baby and I'll be back.

I think a part of me cried inside when they put the bottle of Stagg Jr on the counter.
CharlieBrown17
AG
AGdent07 said:

Well I finally got the much awaited call for George T Stagg. Man it feels like Christmas. Told my wife watch the baby and I'll be back.

I think a part of me cried inside when they put the bottle of Stagg Jr on the counter.

Liquor store employee hanging up the phone like

Sazerac
AG
Just got the call for William Larue Weller!!!
Said it was a 1.75 but he must be mistaken...

BRB to gloat!
John Francis Donaghy
Sazerac said:

Just got the call for William Larue Weller!!!
Said it was a 1.75 but he must be mistaken...

BRB to gloat!

William Larue Weller....Special Reserve

That'll be $40 please.

Book it.
Sazerac
AG
Mr Patel's prices today at a local

$250 EC18
$200 Blantons
$150 EHT SmB
$100 ECBP

So you have some choices for liquor store shopping:
- follow tater social and be ready to drop everything to be first or fists at the places who sell at retail
- cigs and handys for your new BFF stock boy
- play the total wine lotto, helps to be able to aisle drive bys three times a day
- pay 2-4x markup
Sazerac
AG
Just stopped in another neighborhood spot.
$75 handles of BufTrace!!!
muleshoe
AG
Haven't been able to find a GTS and WLW....what was it running at WB liquors? One employee.....was helpful saying they hadn't got any yet another was down right rude....thanks for all of the posting!
62strat
AG
muleshoe said:

Haven't been able to find a GTS and WLW....what was it running at WB liquors? One employee.....was helpful saying they hadn't got any yet another was down right rude....thanks for all of the posting!
These are 'retail' according to a shop near me doing a raffle for chance to buy.

muleshoe
AG
Thanks for replying but the pic didn't load....
07fta07
AG
$119 for BTAC at WB
Daytona22
AG
Picked up an ecbp and Henry McKenna 10 today. I'd call that a successful trip
moneyag7
Was this in Dallas or Houston? I went to two WBs in Dallas today and both were helpful, but said they haven't received anything yet. I called a third and the person answering was less than nice about it. One of the helpful people offered that Dallas isn't going to get any Pappy, but "should" get other BTAC, but had no clue when.
muleshoe
AG
Sorry......San Antonio.....we might be a little behind the times!

day late and a dollar short.....
SpiderDude
AG
Daytona22 said:

Picked up an ecbp and Henry McKenna 10 today. I'd call that a successful trip

Absolutely.
SpiderDude
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

I didn't find anything and the worker said they hadn't gotten it yet but were expecting it any day now. Could even be later today. Pretty much a crapshoot.

Don't give up. ****ing keep going back! I'd be first in line again tomorrow honestly.
SpiderDude
AG
AGdent07 said:

Well... it may not be as sexy but Stagg Jr. beat out GTS when my BiL and I did a taste off. I'm only excited about my GTS because it's BTAC and I plan to trade for a different BTAC bottle. I WON'T crack my GTS.
Outdoorag011
SIAP

Dallas Bourbon club is having a barrel pick of Stagg Jr in 2021!
PearlandAg09
AG
WB (Costco) in Pearland dropped theirs this week, as has been mentioned on here.

Employee this evening said they received theirs Wed morning and were instructed to put them out immediately when they opened.

He said they received just ab everything but only 1 ea. - PVW(s) WLW, THH, GTS. For whatever that's worth....
TThom
Sorry for the basic question, but when these drops go down are they at retail price or marked up heavily?
Sixdrakes
AG
TThom said:

Sorry for the basic question, but when these drops go down are they at retail price or marked up heavily
Yes and yes and everything in between
AggBock
AG
The WB drops would be retail. Not too many do that. Most have raffles for retail. Others just put it out marked up.
ifortworth
Just wondering. Was the trading page/thread closed?
Bush School/EMPSA '21
GarlandAg2012
AG
ifortworth said:

Just wondering. Was the trading page/thread closed?

Nope it's right here https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3129102/last#last
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
htxag09
AG
ifortworth
Thanks. Not sure why I wasn't seeing anything in it since August.
Bush School/EMPSA '21
djmeen95
AG
Swung back by the Costco liquor store in Humble and they still have about 6 of the 4 Roses single barrel bottles at $39
Outdoorag011
Would yall pay $79 for ECBP A120?
jh0400
AG
Yes.
Sazerac
AG
I would pay $60-$80. Think it's fantastic. I taste very very slight differences in the batches I have.
First Page Last Page
Page 554 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.