Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,833,835 Views | 38369 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by rca21978
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably around 20 or so right now. Trying to get it down to about 12-15 before I start opening new ones.
LPHA
AG
63. Probably missed a few
Elsjuan
AG
13 open
About 65 unopened
Johnsy3
AG
I'm at 26, only one unopened (because I have another of the same bottle with a few pours left). Plus a Double Rye/OGD 114 mix in a mason jar with apple peels, cinnamon sticks, and clove. Made some old fashioneds the other night that were pretty good
trouble
AG
Almost all of them.

The only things that aren't opened are things we bought planning on gifting or trading and back ups to favorites.
RenoAg
Wow. I generally only have maybe 6-7 bottles open at any given time. I must be doing something wrong.
FTAco07
AG
I've got 11 open but generally only rotate between 3 or 4 different bottles at a time. The rest are one time pours from something I hadn't had before that I wanted to try as soon as I got them.
Gunner33
Around 20
CactusThomas
AG
RenoAg said:

Wow. I generally only have maybe 6-7 bottles open at any given time. I must be doing something wrong.

Nobody is suggesting that you're doing anything wrong
trouble
AG
Nothing wrong with opening one or a hundred
aggieloko
AG
I've had zero luck getting my hands on this year's release of A midwinter's night dram. Please shoot me a pm if you find one anywhere in the Houston area. Thanks!
Sazerac
AG
think we need to see a pic of this...
62strat
AG

When I get a bottle, it usually gets opened that night! So I don't think I have any unopened unless I just happen to buy the backup before it ran out.

I think I have about 20 whiskey/scotch. Then 2 or 3 tequila/vodka, 2 rums, and 1 gin.
trouble
AG
Same here
TamuKid
AG
23 open.
42 unopened (not unique bottles, but total count, many are duplicate backups).
SpiderDude
AG
I used this as an excuse to do a quick inventory which I hadn't done in a while. It's a little scary to realize I've gotten this deep into the rabbit hole. I'm at that "I should really stop" phase but then some juicy store pick hits and I'm tripping over myself to get to my car! Here's the whiskeys (I didn't bother to count my amaros and rums).

So here's the damage:
10 scotch/Irish/ Single Malts (not pictured were 3 Balcones bottles I'll throw in that category)... so 13 by my count.
Ryes 32 (8 of those unopened).
Bourbon/TN Sippers/Corn Whiskey I counted 61 with 12 unopened. So roughly 106 bottles.

Yikes. I don't even want to think of that in dollars. I paid msrp (plus reasonable retail markup at times) for everything. Things that have eluded me...Pappy and BTAC for starters. Old Fitz BiB, a few others. That's about it. I've managed to get most of the rest that I set out for. .. mainly what I'd call "attainable unicorns". Maybe I'll "retire" now.

Nahhhhh.

the dude10
AG
Is that old scout rye a new release? I haven't seen that in years! The last bottle I grabbed if that was ridiculously good!
SpiderDude
AG
Yes, supposedly just hit Texas when I bought it a month ago.
AGdent07
AG
Just got an email from Single Barrel Select for the barrel selections for Buffalo Trace products. They allow members to select barrels beginning at 12pm EST on 12/16/20. I don't know if anybody else is a member but maybe if multiple of us login we can try and get a barrel or two. Last two years barrels sold out immediately.
07fta07
AG
I'm a member now
Gunner33
Good luck!!!!
betadawg1
AG
I got the email too. I'm off that day so I will be ready.
betadawg1
AG
So I followed suit and did an inventory of just Whiskey (Bourbon, Rye, Irish, Scotch, etc.). Now I'm embarrassed with myself realizing I spent a small fortune.

342 total bottles
195 unique (includes different store picks of same)
50ish opened

Sazerac
CactusThomas
AG
You're ready for the 4-6 week shutdown
DDSO
AG
Wow!
HouseDivided06
AG
If you are lonely, I will be your best friend.
MJ20/20
AG
That's alpha dog material
Naveronski
AG
betadawg1 said:

So I followed suit and did an inventory of just Whiskey (Bourbon, Rye, Irish, Scotch, etc.). Now I'm embarrassed with myself realizing I spent a small fortune.

342 total bottles
50ish opened

Hardest working man in whiskey!
SpiderDude
AG
I don't feel so bad now.
Sazerac
AG
I definitely told my wife about all of y'alls over the top collections.
AgInSingapore
AG
Unopened - 233 single malt Scotch and 24 American
Opened - 3 and 3 of Scotch and American

I try to buy 2 of each when I pick up bottles unless it is 1) cost prohibitive or 2) limited availability, one for future enjoyment and one for the here an now.
drred4
betadawg1 said:

342 total bottles
50ish opened

Congratulations you own a liquor store! Good grief, I would have to add on to the house. I feel like I need to go buy some more now! Lol.
mazag08
AG
Grabbed a bottle of Bernheim wheat tonight. Was so excited to try it. Very unimpressed. It's smooth like a standard wheater, but there's really nothing that stands out. In a blind tasting, it would be in the meh category.
FriedTex
AG
It's a 20 dollar bottle that are selling for 40+
First Page Last Page
Page 545 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.