Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,839,473 Views | 38431 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Aggie Therapist
RGRAg1/75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sazerac said:

Thats a super fair price

Absolutely agree.

Stopped in to Justin's House of Bourbon today on the way out of town. Pretty incredible store. The same Pappy 15 I had was $2800 here. They have an interesting set up. They can buy from individuals, then put it on the shelf to sell to the public. I stayed away from stuff in the glass cases but was able to pick up a couple bottles of things I never find at home and one that was only available in Kentucky. They ship so it was easy.

MJ20/20
AG
Great pics. Thanks for posting.
John Francis Donaghy
Out of curiosity, what were they askimg for the Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year in the bottom left of the first pic? Did you happen to notice?
62strat
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Woah.. my parents had (actually they still do) a bottle of whiskey exactly like that king tut head... this is like from early 80s

Was that a common thing for different spirits, or are they sitting on a gem?
MW03
AG
Those of you complaining about the ice melting too quick need to meet the Yeti 10oz Tumbler. That guy with an ice ball is an excellent combo.

Probably the single most useful piece of barware I've received in the last decade, aside from this majestic thing:

CactusThomas
AG
Oh lawd
62strat
AG

I will often get whiskey cold using ice, then remove the ice.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I don't really like any liquid at room temp.

But more often than not, I'm using a daily drinker whiskey and putting soda or ginger ale in it, or I'm drinking a nicer whiskey as an old fashioned.

Maybe 10% of the time, I'll drink it straight, but I do like it chilled.
Naveronski
AG
MW03 said:

Those of you complaining about the ice melting too quick need to meet the Yeti 10oz Tumbler. That guy with an ice ball is an excellent combo.
Also great for taking an Old Fashioned along when the Mrs wants to go for a walk.
RGRAg1/75
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Out of curiosity, what were they askimg for the Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year in the bottom left of the first pic? Did you happen to notice?

I didn't ask after I heard how the pricing worked with the items behind glass. The only reason I knew about that Pappy 15 is bc some big spender was next to me inquiring with the store Mgr.
mazag08
AG
I don't have much to add for the guy just starting out.

My advice is when you finally get over the whiskey burn and start cultivating a taste, don't be scared to venture away from bourbon. Irish and scotch have a lot to offer for people that don't have to have the over oaked and over proofed mouth blast at all times. Form a well rounded palette where you can appreciate all styles of whiskey.
austinag1997
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Sazerac said:

Thats a super fair price

Absolutely agree.

Stopped in to Justin's House of Bourbon today on the way out of town. Pretty incredible store. The same Pappy 15 I had was $2800 here. They have an interesting set up. They can buy from individuals, then put it on the shelf to sell to the public. I stayed away from stuff in the glass cases but was able to pick up a couple bottles of things I never find at home and one that was only available in Kentucky. They ship so it was easy.

AggBock
AG
Just bought my first dusty Turkey. 1998
Gunner33
Enjoyed looking around Justin's HoB. I couldn't get anyone to help me when I went. I guess I didn't look like someone that would buy a bottle or two. Walked out without buying anything and probably won't ever go back.
DDSO
AG
Picked up this bottle today. I have had one Willett offering that I didn't care for but the guy at the store talked me into getting it. What are the boards thoughts?
They also said they could facilitate a barrel buy for us. Have to go back next week and talk to the manager to get all the details.

ETA: how do you post picks from your phone? It is a Willet Family estate bottled small batch rye, 4 year, 106.8 proof.
Sazerac
AG
Click the image button on the reply

Their rye is ok for me.
Don't care for their bourbon
MW03
AG
DDSO said:

Picked up this bottle today. I have had one Willett offering that I didn't care for but the guy at the store talked me into getting it. What are the boards thoughts?
They also said they could facilitate a barrel buy for us. Have to go back next week and talk to the manager to get all the details.

ETA: how do you post picks from your phone? It is a Willet Family estate bottled small batch rye, 4 year, 106.8 proof.

Willett Family Estate Rye 4YO is an excellent one.
Jdrexgman
AG
DDSO said:

Their Family Estate Ryes are very tasty
Baby Billy
AG
MW03 said:

Probably the single most useful piece of barware I've received in the last decade, aside from this majestic thing:

Amen, Brother

CactusThomas
AG
That death mask is badass
Farmer1906
AG
Nevermind. Reading is hard.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
I picked up an HBS Ryeday the 13th Sagamore pick yesterday. I'm not a sophisticated rye drinker so don't ask me for notes but it's spicy and I like it.
SpiderDude
AG
Lester Freamon said:

I picked up an HBS Ryeday the 13th Sagamore pick yesterday. I'm not a sophisticated rye drinker so don't ask me for notes but it's spicy and I like it.

MGP.
Daytona22
AG
Given the choice, what do you pick up? Stagg Jr or Rock Hill Farms?

I ended up with RHF.

HouseDivided06
AG
Flavor wise, I like Stagg Jr better, but I can find that waaaaaaay easier than RHF, which I have only ever had at a bar. You chose wisely.
Daytona22
AG
That was my thoughts too. I have a couple stagg jrs in the bunker and RHF always seems harder to find in Texas.
John Francis Donaghy
RHF was my go-to bottle back before people went nuts for it. Haven't had any in probably 5 years now.
CactusThomas
AG
Hard to get excited about a 100 proof, filtered bourbon. With the exception of a few earlier batches, I would want the Stagg jr.
Ornithopter
AG
Picked up some Belle Meade Reserve. That's really good stuff with great flavor!
Sazerac
AG
So how many bottles do you guys have opened right now?

I'm sitting at 19, with premixed manhattans always in the fridge for 20.
jh0400
AG
Around 15 bourbon or rye, close to 50 if you include scotch, rum, gin, brandy, and tequila.
Sazerac
AG
Any brown liquor that came from oak barrels
SnyderAg02
11, but I plan on opening 6 more this Friday.
07fta07
AG
22 opened right now
DDSO
AG
Just nine.
CactusThomas
AG
Between 50 and 60
First Page Last Page
Page 544 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.