Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,837,325 Views | 38398 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Therapist
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Click clack
Farmer1906
AG
AggBock said:

Smoke wagon private barrell.

Any good? Buddy got some a few weeks ago. Neither of us cared for it. I'm not understanding the hype at all.
TamuKid
AG
Okay. Decided to go Early Times BiB instead.

I think this is the perfect bourbon for the term "bright".

Enjoying it.
RenoAg
Ducks4brkfast said:

National Distillers

Old school butterscotch bomb? I would've been a complete alcoholic if I knew this stuff existed when I was a young man. Only discovered it much later in life.

Me? Nothing special tonight. Poured some Jefferson's Ocean Cask Strength voyage 7. Then a pour of a small batch Jefferson's reserve. Zero remarkable about either.
SpiderDude
AG
mazag08 said:

Those of y'all choosing Turkey, ever had a OF birthday offering?

This is dumb. I'm not picking a brand based on a bottle myself and most others will never even get a sniff at. It's like saying "ever had Pappy?!" and picking BT based only on that. If you're going to pick a brand it better be readily available. Of those listed it would probably be WT for me or Beam if I'm allowed Knob Creek products. Those are all good brands tho. I've got bottles of all that I enjoy on the regular.
SpiderDude
AG
Appropriate bottle choice for my voting preference.
ClickClack
AG
CactusThomas said:

Click clack

You rang?
RenoAg
SpiderDude said:

Appropriate bottle choice for my voting preference.

I cracked mine open a couple months ago. Not bad. Can't recommend. But I agree with the vibe. I was in a meh mood for my selections tonight too.
MW03
AG
TamuKid said:

Okay. Decided to go Early Times BiB instead.

I think this is the perfect bourbon for the term "bright".

Enjoying it.

Somehow still underrated, and I'm glad.
mazag08
AG
SpiderDude said:

mazag08 said:

Those of y'all choosing Turkey, ever had a OF birthday offering?

This is dumb. I'm not picking a brand based on a bottle myself and most others will never even get a sniff at. It's like saying "ever had Pappy?!" and picking BT based only on that. If you're going to pick a brand it better be readily available. Of those listed it would probably be WT for me or Beam if I'm allowed Knob Creek products. Those are all good brands tho. I've got bottles of all that I enjoy on the regular.

I guess my point was that OF has plenty of readily available at all price ranges that are really good, but also has the top end stuff, that even if rare, puts it over the edge for me. But as you said, it's all good stuff. Can't really go wrong.
SpiderDude
AG
Fair enough. WT has Master's Keep that's easier to come by than BD Bourbon. Advantage WT.
RenoAg
OFBB is highly overrated anyway.
austinag1997
AG
SpiderDude said:

I hope y'all voted this year... for 4 more years of Blanton's!!!

Where do you get barrel proof Blantons? Is that a dumb question?
GarlandAg2012
AG
austinag1997 said:

SpiderDude said:

SFTB can be had on the secondary for $200-250. Not sure how to get it at MSRP.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
It's only available overseas, although, they are going to start selling it stateside in the near future like they did with blantons gold.
RaylanGivens
HouseDivided06 said:

Had a small pour of Old Tub while bathing the kids and now that they're down, Belle Meade Cask Strength Reserve.

I see what you did there...
schwack schwack
AG
Anyone familiar with Tahwahkaro?
aggie7020
AG
Still haven't opened it yet. Haven't drank in a few weeks.
SpiderDude
AG
Whiskey hunting lesson of the day: Make friends at liquor stores! A guy I met one time at Total Wine and exchanged numbers went on a multi-state hunt and brang me back some goodies. Met up today and paid him back at cost + lunch at Rudy's. How cool is that?! Really nice guy and new permanent whiskey friend.
MJ20/20
AG
Anyone know of any four roses barrel picks on any shelves around Texas? I'm not real picky, but would love to find an OBSV.

As a side note. I wish there was a way we could have a running list amongst Texagers that indexed barrel picks around the state. It would be a cool heads up to folks traveling the state to make a worthwhile stop here and there. If we had enough participation, it would make for a fun Saturday to day trip around picking up bottles here and there.
CharlieBrown17
AG
It's not the most active group, but there is Texas Barrel Selections on Facebook
bdburden
definitely. Weller SR is the best around that price range but I absolutely love an Early Time BIB. Have you tried Old Tub? It is surprisingly good and can be found anywhere from $13-$18 dollars. Found mine for $13.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Picked up a KC 12 today
FDT 1999
AG
My local liquor store had some bargain basement prices today:

Sazerac 18yr for $1,500
Thomas Handy for $400
George T. Stagg for $750
Stagg Jr. for $250
Blanton's for $200

Apparently someone is stupid enough and buying it because they had the Thomas Hardy last year and it was gone in a couple of months.

Y'all can have it.
jh0400
AG
I'd probably spend $400 on a THH if I saw one sitting on the shelf for that much.
FDT 1999
AG
jh0400 said:

I'd probably spend $400 on a THH if I saw one sitting on the shelf for that much.

I just went with Old Weller 1.75, and a fifth of BT.

I thought it was crazy when I went into another independent about 5-6 yrs ago and he had Pappy 15 for $599, 20 for $699, and 23 for $799.

Compared to my new store, the old store was a bargain. Geez.
LPHA
AG
Found an act 8, scene 2 MWND
austinag1997
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

austinag1997 said:

SpiderDude said:

SFTB can be had on the secondary for $200-250. Not sure how to get it at MSRP.

Thanks.
austinag1997
AG
Stagg Jr for $79 today. Didn't think that was bad.
Farmer1906
AG
austinag1997 said:

I'd pay that.
austinag1997
AG
Farmer1906 said:

austinag1997 said:

I'd pay that.

Liquor store asked me what it was worth. $50. I am paying a premium to do you a favor. Pissed me off. Like they didn't know how to price secondary market prices.
austinag1997
AG
jh0400 said:

Think I would too.
FDT 1999
AG
austinag1997 said:

jh0400 said:

Think I would too.

Maybe I'm a cheap ass then. The Thomas Handy may have been competitive, but I just can't get over dropping $200-250 on a bottle of any of these. Maybe Pappy I'd go over that, but when they said $1,500 for the Sazerac 18, I just laughed and grabbed the usual.

I actually thought about the $200 Blanton's for a second but even then I feel like I'm getting screwed.

Like I said, maybe I'm just cheap.
austinag1997
AG
FDT 1999 said:

austinag1997 said:

jh0400 said:

Think I would too.

Maybe I'm a cheap ass then. The Thomas Handy may have been competitive, but I just can't get over dropping $200-250 on a bottle of any of these. Maybe Pappy I'd go over that, but when they said $1,500 for the Sazerac 18, I just laughed and grabbed the usual.

I actually thought about the $200 Blanton's for a second but even then I feel like I'm getting screwed.

Like I said, maybe I'm just cheap.

I hear ya. Its a tough price point when you go over $100/bottle. That is consistently the best Sazerac Rye IMO. Pretty good and flexible. And $200 for Blantons is stupid.
austinag1997
AG
SpiderDude said:

Whiskey hunting lesson of the day: Make friends at liquor stores! A guy I met one time at Total Wine and exchanged numbers went on a multi-state hunt and brang me back some goodies. Met up today and paid him back at cost + lunch at Rudy's. How cool is that?! Really nice guy and new permanent whiskey friend.

That is a nice haul!
First Page Last Page
Page 541 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.