Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,837,209 Views | 38398 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Aggie Therapist
RigsTx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted in the Facebook group, but figured I would post here as well. I'm looking for a 9/15/20 Blanton's. I've posted to Blanton's ISO and Warehouse H on Facebook. Is there anywhere else y'all would recommend to look? I've got a bottle of Blanton's I could trade or would be happy to work something else out. Thanks!
lazuras_dc
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

What's everyone's opinions on "befriending" store owners. To me it has gotten WAY out of hand. I just heard a story of a guy who brings the store owner lunch 2/3 times a week just to get first dibs on BTAC whenever they get it in. I can't believe it has come to stuff like this. This is exactly why I jumped off of the Buffalo trace train 8 months ago. To top it all off... most of these people are just collectors and not drinkers. They just want pictures for their Instagram page.

This reminds me of Bob Saget in Half Baked so much...You ever suck dk for btac?!
CactusThomas
AG
Lunch twice a week has got to add up quick. Spend that money on regularly available bourbon and you will find yourself getting BTAC each year.
aggiebrother33
Just poured a Calumet 14.....not bad
Naveronski
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

What's everyone's opinions on "befriending" store owners. To me it has gotten WAY out of hand. I just heard a story of a guy who brings the store owner lunch 2/3 times a week just to get first dibs on BTAC whenever they get it in. I can't believe it has come to stuff like this. This is exactly why I jumped off of the Buffalo trace train 8 months ago. To top it all off... most of these people are just collectors and not drinkers. They just want pictures for their Instagram page.

Aggbock does it.
boboguitar
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

People with more time than me.

With that said, Eagle Rare is just that one bourbon that I really enjoy above all others (and I've had a lot). Thankfully I don't have to go to the extremes to get a bottle.
LPHA
AG
It all depends on the store/owner. I have 2 that I go to regularly and have tried to build a relationship. One gives me stuff if he has it when I'm there, but won't hold anything for me. The other asked me to help with 2 picks in the last couple months, and if I can swing it with work, I'm going to Kentucky in March to pick another. He brought back a bunch of bottles from his trip to Kentucky last month specifically for me and a buddy, and only charged us what he paid, which surprised me.

Just talking to them seems to open all sorts of doors. If you don't have any expectations, it makes all this **** much easier and more fun
CharlieBrown17
AG
16 yr pig during the Ags game today

Buck Compton
AG
Isn't that the 10?
LPHA
AG
The picks I've had that were older all had that label
CharlieBrown17
AG
LPHA said:

CactusThomas
AG
Buck Compton said:

Isn't that the 10?

Good save
Buck Compton
AG
LPHA said:

Interesting. Don't know much about WhistlePig.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Mostly sourced. Mostly from ADL in Canada and some from MGP in Indiana.

The store picks of the 10/100 are cask strength and typically are aged 12+ years instead of ten.
GarlandAg2012
AG
MGP Indiana
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
lazuras_dc
AG
Did a little blind whiskey challenge during half time yesterday. Probably a better way to do it, but it was fun. Ended up picking Stagg Jr over poor mans pappy but four or five folks picked poor mans pappy to win it all and one picked the 4roses.
Had someone randomly assign a key and do all the pours into shot glasses and folks could just grab and go at their own pace.

Threw a couple "decoys " in there.

CactusThomas
AggBock
AG
How many of you have gone down the dusty trail? I mean, have you bought a birth year wild turkey for example? I started chasing rare bourbon in March and recently cracked into GTS range after trying most everything below that. Who here has gone past that? Just curious on your advise.
CTGilley
AG
You are about average. I got into the craze but only to trade for some of my less popular favorites that have recently become allocated.

I have respect for drinkers and none for collectors. I will always trade for FMV.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AggBock said:

How many of you have gone down the dusty trail? I mean, have you bought a birth year wild turkey for example? I started chasing rare bourbon in March and recently cracked into GTS range after trying most everything below that. Who here has gone past that? Just curious on your advise.

I've got dozens of bottles dating back to pre-prohibition era. Lots of 70's Old Fitz, 80's National Distillers, 90's Turkeys, etc.
RigsTx
AG
Is there any rhyme or reason on getting into BSM on Facebook? I requested to join a few days ago and haven't seen anything since.
Sixdrakes
AG
RigsTx said:

Is there any rhyme or reason on getting into BSM on Facebook? I requested to join a few days ago and haven't seen anything since.
Did you just recently create a FB account? If so, they could think the account was created by a scammer. They try to vet all the accounts before accepting. At least that is how it worked several years ago.
Ornithopter
AG
I picked up some Four Roses Small Batch Select.

I truly do not believe there is a better bourbon out there, especially if you factor in price and availability.
AggBock
AG
Someone hasn't tried the 4 roses Al Young yet.
CactusThomas
AG
Lol have you even had the SBS?
Ornithopter
AG
AggBock said:

Someone hasn't tried the 4 roses Al Young yet.

Definitely not, I'm sure it is wonderful though. The price and availability are quite lacking on that though
CharlieBrown17
AG
Al Young is not great as far as 4Roses limited releases go.

Fight me.
EastTexAg14
AG
Haven't had it yet but the 2019 SMBLE is up there as an all time favorite for me along with the Blind Pig Cherry Bomb OESV store pick
Ducks4brkfast
AG
For me it's 12>15>14>17>16. Maybe switch 17 and 14.
tripperwill
AG
Mine is
17>19>18>15>16>14
Never tried 13
ifortworth
If you happen to be in the Fort Worth area, and on the facepages. I created a group on their for us bourbon lovers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2678167362432343/?ref=share
Bush School/EMPSA '21
SpiderDude
AG
DubFalls said:

I picked up some Four Roses Small Batch Select.

I truly do not believe there is a better bourbon out there, especially if you factor in price and availability.

If I had to pick one regularly available bourbon as a daily drinker this might very well be it. Rare Breed is up there too tho!
SpiderDude
AG
EastTexAg14 said:

Haven't had it yet but the 2019 SMBLE is up there as an all time favorite for me along with the Blind Pig Cherry Bomb OESV store pick

This one?
AgInSingapore
AG
Total Wine in The Woodlands was unboxing some High West barrel pick bottles this afternoon when I was in there. Finished in Estancia fume blanc for ten months, I grabbed one but looked like he had two cases in total to put out at the time.
AgInSingapore
AG
On the shelf at Specs I-10 and Wirt location this morning, no price tag on it but was out and not in lockup.
First Page Last Page
Page 536 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.