Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,824,931 Views | 38295 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie Therapist
TamuKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Datestamp is 5-4-20.
54-20. Tomorrow's score. All Ags. Down goes the Tide.
Gig em!!
AggBock
AG
Photo taken a few days ago at a Kroger in Ohio. Why is this impossible to find here? I have only seen 2 single bottles in the wild since March.
John Francis Donaghy
Quote:

Photo taken a few days ago at a Kroger in Ohio. Why is this impossible to find here? I have only seen 2 single bottles in the wild since March.

Reading this post is reminds me of hearing my parents wonder out loud why toilet paper was so hard to find back in March, while they were themselves building a cold war bunker level stockpile of every pack they could find simply because it was hard to find.
CharlieBrown17
AG
That's not really at a Kroger.

Ohio is all state ran, and they're sometimes in grocery stores. Pretty sure their state board is well known for doing big state releases of things like weller at all the same time. So yes, there's a couple cases and yes it's technically in a Kroger but it'll be gone quickly and not back for months.
Ornithopter
AG
I got some Johnny Drum yesterday!

It's pretty good stuff. It has a lot of flavor going on, I just wish it had a hint of sweetness to fill in the profile. Super smooth stuff, lots or rye but not in a way that burns.
Bunk Moreland
Got OF Single Barrel for $42 today. They were out of 1910 and 1921. Oh well.

Also, if you're in SETX, Longhorn Liquor is doing their annual charity drive for their allocation of ORVW, Pappy 15 and Pappy 20.

1000 ticket limited raffle. $50 a ticket. Ticket gets you an entry for all 3 bottles and proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.

Proceeds going to a good cause made it a no brainer for me. Drawing is in November.
John Francis Donaghy
Bunk Moreland said:

Got OF Single Barrel for $42 today. They were out of 1910 and 1921. Oh well.

Also, if you're in SETX, Longhorn Liquor is doing their annual charity drive for their allocation of ORVW, Pappy 15 and Pappy 20.

1000 ticket limited raffle. $50 a ticket. Ticket gets you an entry for all 3 bottles and proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.

Proceeds going to a good cause made it a no brainer for me. Drawing is in November.

Anybody know of any stores in DFW that do something like this? Been trying to donate more to charity this year anyway with so many people being out of work, and if I could do so with a chance of good whiskey coming out of it, that'd be pretty perfect.
AgInSingapore
AG
Stopped in West Monroe, LA for the night and got a Bookers 2019-02, 2019-03 and WT Rare Breed barrel proof rye at the little bottle shop around the corner.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Opening day of panhandle pronghorn season. Brought bottles to kill at the hotel.
Sazerac
AG
Finally Cracked an EC BP
That is an excellent pour!
LPHA
AG
Which one?
Sazerac
AG

LPHA
AG
I have a few, and for some reason, that's the only one I've tried. It's unbelievably smooth
the dude10
AG
LPHA said:

Which one?

Doesn't matter. They are all great
Fall92
AG
Cracked open an EC Toasted Barrel this weekend. Enjoyed the faint marshmallow taste but the toastiness was otherwise almost non-existent IMO. Disappointing overall.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
AggBock
AG
I'm flying to Cancun Friday for long weekend. Do they have anything rare in the duty free? Blantons SFTB or something like that?
aggielostinETX
AG
Never found much in Cancun
SpiderDude
AG
You'll have better luck bringing back good Tequila and/or mezcal that's not available (or cheaper than) stateside.
CTGilley
AG
SpiderDude said:

You'll have better luck bringing back good Tequila and/or mezcal that's not available (or cheaper than) stateside.
Don Ramon is very good and only $11 last time I bought some in Mexico. You could also find Don Julio for $30.
jh0400
AG
SpiderDude said:

This, specifically the mezcal.
the dude10
AG
Finally procured/opened a bottle of rossville BP. Good stuff! Definitely has a willet rye vibe going on. Had a small store order it in for me, how much you see it for at bigger stores?
SpiderDude
AG
I've only seen it at OLC.
AggBock
AG
Thanks! Will look for that. I like the big white bottle.maybe get one of those.
Ornithopter
AG
showtime said:

oh, and my contribution to the thread....

I've been busy hunting this stuff down the last few months.

[This message has been edited by showtime (edited 10/2/2011 9:59p).]

9 years later, how much would this photo be worth?
ClickClack
AG
DubFalls said:

showtime said:

Solid tree fiddy
Sazerac
AG
Anyone have the image or link showing the different mash bills Ingredient % for popular bourbon? It was shown at some point on this thread.

jetch17
AG
AggBock said:

I'm flying to Cancun Friday for long weekend. Do they have anything rare in the duty free? Blantons SFTB or something like that?

Cancun may not be there by Friday
jwhitlock3
edit: wrong thread...
RebelE Infantry
AG
Has anyone tried the Bulleit Blender's Select? Great bottle for $40. Should be able to find it at TW.
AggBock
AG
Just saw the news. I thought I was going to be good but it may be a cat 4.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Has anyone tried the Bulleit Blender's Select? Great bottle for $40. Should be able to find it at TW.
great stuff
Cyprian
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Yes, it is excellent

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
showtime
AG
DubFalls said:

showtime said:

Not much. Most of those are long empty. Still have one each of the ORVWs and the 12 year.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'm your huckleberry
showtime
AG
that's JUST your game
First Page Last Page
Page 532 of 1095

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.