Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,834,271 Views | 38371 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GarlandAg2012
AG
Anyone know approximate secondary value for EHT Single Barrel 2020?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
$125
AGdent07
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Anyone know approximate secondary value for EHT Single Barrel 2020?
Currently in the $120 range however it just got ranked the #1 bourbon so I expect the secondary value to rise quickly.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Thank you!
Sixdrakes
AG
$150+ now
Wheatables02
AG
Sixdrakes said:

$150+ now
RIP Bourbon

1789-2020
07fta07
AG
Love me some EHT but that had to be the honey barrel of all honey barrels to get ranked #1 bourbon.
Post removed:
by user
CactusThomas
AG
Yeah its pretty suspicious how the same bourbon is never #1 in back to back years.
lazuras_dc
AG
CactusThomas said:

Yeah its pretty suspicious how the same bourbon is never #1 in back to back years.

Yup
It's like the Texas monthly bbq edition. Would get boring if it was the same one every year. They gotta spice it up.
Sazerac
AG
Not a buzzkill because I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Yes, I was communicating with the G family
AGdent07
AG
07fta07 said:

Love me some EHT but that had to be the honey barrel of all honey barrels to get ranked #1 bourbon.
Haha yeah Im sure that barrel was pretty special and not like the single barrel I have.
austinag1997
AG
ThatOneGuy said:

Does anybody know if the Belle Meade cask strength reserve is permanently out of production? I read they are going to a flat 108.3 proof Belle Meade reserve. This was one of my favorites that I could actually go out and buy.

Del Mesa selling it for $65 + shipping
austinag1997
AG
Sazerac said:

Not a buzzkill because I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Yes, I was communicating with the G family

Nice. I got nowhere years back with a personal contact.
MW03
AG
So I've been investigating my claim that Belle Meade Cask is hard to find after you awesome folks offered to help me source it. Come to find out, it's in stock at most of my places online. I am curious though if it changed. Looking at their website, I don't see this label anymore.

Here's the one on my last bottle, bottled at 113.6:

HouseDivided06
AG
Yes it's changing to the Belle Meade Reserve and being bottled at 108.8 which will still be good but the price is staying the same which I don't love. I've been on the Belle Meade Cask Strength reserve Train for about a year or so. Not thrilled it's going away because at $65 I think it's hard to beat. I picked up 2 yesterday. I've never been a hoarder. But that one I will buy up bottles and keep it on hand. It's sooooo good.
austinag1997
AG
Interesting, the Del Mesa bottle is 108 proof as stated above.
Thisguy1
I just got a specs gift card, so I want to buy a bottle I wouldn't normally buy because of the price. Cap is $100.

Any suggestions?
austinag1997
AG
CactusThomas said:

Is it really? I think it was the 2013 THH that was #1. I still have 2 bottles of it. It is the best bottle of whiskey I have tasted. I have 2 bottles of different years, and they aren't the same. I haven't been lucky enough to prove that out year after year, but different barrels do prove different tastes.

I think a bottle of Crown Royal took the prize more recently, which does support your assertion.
austinag1997
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I just got a specs gift card, so I want to buy a bottle I wouldn't normally buy because of the price. Cap is $100.

Any suggestions?

Where are you located?
Thisguy1
B/CS
austinag1997
AG
Maybe some of the folks in B/CS could help with selection there. In Austin, there are some locations that could help you, and some that tell you to pack sand.

Not sure about selection there, but at $100, you should be able to get something pretty good.
Sazerac
AG
Not much is worth $100 a bottle that you can find on a shelf normally. Maybe a Bookers if you see one for $8x

I'd probably hunt around for a Knob Creek 120 and then add on a Rare Breed. If you like high proof. That's under budget.
Thisguy1
I'm not saying I need to spend $100, Idk that I've ever spent $60 on one. Prolly the most expensive was a Michters or Slaughter House. Usually just get a Knob Creek, Rowan's Creek, or if I find a Weller or something.

I'm just saying while I have this, is there a bottle I wouldn't normally buy that I need to try?
Thisguy1
I can always just restock on some daily drinkers
CactusThomas
AG
Barrell batch 21 is very good, just not a great value in most people's minds. That might fit the bill.
LawHall88
AG
I like Widow Jane, which should run $70 or so.

If you aren't married to bourbon, maybe Yellow Spot Irish whiskey.
jh0400
AG
I'd skip bourbon and go for scotch if I was trying to spend $100. Maybe a Balvenie 15 or Glenfarclas 17.
Fallisfun16
Just picked up a bottle of Old Tub at Specs. Has anybody else had it before?
mazag08
AG
jh0400 said:

I'd skip bourbon and go for scotch if I was trying to spend $100. Maybe a Balvenie 15 or Glenfarclas 17.

This
Thisguy1
I used to be into scotch but something in my pallet changed and now I can't drink it. It all has too much smoke.
austinag1997
AG
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Username checks out.

In all seriousness, the KC 120s are great values. You can score plenty of good bourbons that aren't tater bait for $50-60 so splurge there and get a solid daily like mentioned above.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'd spend $100 on a bottle of wine before I'd spend $100 on a bourbon I could walk in and find in a liquor store.
First Page Last Page
Page 511 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.