Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,955 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by betadawg1
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a lottery style way to sell bottles. A seller will sell numbers for $xx each And the fireball or powerball number for the selected lottery drawing wins the bottle.

ETA - The idea is that it's a fair raffle because it's based on a state lottery out of the hands of the seller. It makes it easier for the seller to move bottles if they can find 10 people to pay $40 each instead of one willing to pay $400.
Sazerac
AG
BIL and SIL surprised us with great news, so we poured from the celebratory THH

RenoAg
Got an OFBB at retail 4-5 years ago. Can't remember if it was a 15 or 16. It's the only OFBB I've ever drank. Highly unimpressed. Just out of curiosity - anyone else think it's overrated?
AGdent07
AG
Congrats on the good news and enjoy an awesome pour. Doesn't get much better than those two
Farmer1906
AG
RenoAg said:

Got an OFBB at retail 4-5 years ago. Can't remember if it was a 15 or 16. It's the only OFBB I've ever drank. Highly unimpressed. Just out of curiosity - anyone else think it's overrated?
I've only had it a few times at restaurants, but each time I was impressed. I don't love a ton of other OF stuff.
tripperwill
AG
Completely agree!
FriedTex
AG
Agree. I thought it was a decent but overpriced/hyped bourbon for the cost.

And I am someone who loves 1920,1910 and some of their single barrel store picks. I'd pick it up at MSRP, but not much more than that
RaylanGivens
lazuras_dc said:

Anyone had Old Forester birthday bourbon? How hard is that to obtain at msrp?

Damn near impossible, unless you know someone.
RaylanGivens
FIL is a Weller guy, and about to turn 65. Wanting to get him a bottle of WFP, but missing the recent store drop in the Houston. Question: What's the average secondary price for Weller Full proof? Seems I've heard about $275-300. A couple family members will be chipping in, so that's entirely doable.
Goodest Poster
AG
RaylanGivens said:

FIL is a Weller guy, and about to turn 65. Wanting to get him a bottle of WFP, but missing the recent store drop in the Houston. Question: What's the average secondary price for Weller Full proof? Seems I've heard about $275-300. A couple family members will be chipping in, so that's entirely doable.
That's way low. Rio Liquor in Meyerland area has a bottle on top shelf at 399.
07fta07
AG
There's a reason why it's still there at $399.
Sixdrakes
AG
Your assumption is correct for a non store pick. If you are looking for a store pick the pricing is 325-350.
AGdent07
AG
jftx04 said:

RaylanGivens said:

That's way low. Rio Liquor in Meyerland area has a bottle on top shelf at 399.
For $399 I have a bottle that I would be more than willing to sell you.
the dude10
AG
SpiderDude said:

MJ20/20 said:

Interesting. What are your favorite MGP offerings? Did you get that Remus OLC pick?

Yes. If there's some left on Monday I'm gonna grab a backup bottle! Possibly my favorite bottle on my bar is a Pinhook Single Barrel (from OLC) that is MGP juice.

Edit: And the Rossville Union BP is possibly the best rye I've had...as good or better than EHT, Michters BP, WP10 picks, etc.

Looks like I'm going to have to track down a Roseville union BP then. I absolutely love mgp as well. Is it tough to come by? I haven't been buying much new for awhile
Chipotlemonger
AG
Something to consider in all of this, with the huge expansion underway at BT, they probably are weary of 'pricing to demand' right now. It's not so simple as raising the price to your distributor and thereby the retailers now, and lowering them later.

More and more people are into bourbon, and in a handful of years you don't want to devalue your product in the consumers' eyes when supply catches up. Build up the loyal fanbase now and deliver on product quality and value. In 5 years, consumer knowledge and demand should be peaking for these brands. Then for the next 5, 10+ years, those same consumers will see the product more often on the shelf, and the perception of value will still be there.

Say you raise prices across the board now, while newcomers are entering as consumers. In 5+ years, when that price lowers, the consumer may deem it as "cheapening" and remove it from the tier they've become comfortable buying from in their mind. Fairly or unfairly, one could argue. If all that mattered was bang for the buck, it wouldn't matter to move the price around, but consumers and retailers are fickle.
proudaggie02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

lazuras_dc said:

Haha ok let me change my statement then. How far above msrp should one expect to pay to get a birthday bourbon ? Anyone have any wanting to sell/trade ? (I know there's a trading thread but we already started talking about it here)
I'm in a DFW group and I just did a quick search. There are a couple Fireballs in the last week for 2015 bottles at $72 and 80 per pick (valuation of $720-800). Another 2016 bottle was offered up at $600. 2019 Fireball at $60/pick ($600 valuation). Hope that helps.

I have a 2014 OFBB that I'd part with for the right price.
austinag1997
AG
Have any of you tried ECBP Batch B520?
FriedTex
AG
Yep, it's reaaaalllyy good
AggBock
AG
I had a few pours last night and noticed a case of Blantons with my 15 year anniversary date. All single barrel select. Impulse bought it.... wife may not be impressed when that shows up.
agcrock2005
AG
Have never heard of Blanton's single barrel "select".
Ducks4brkfast
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Have never heard of Blanton's single barrel "select".
barrel pick?
ThatOneGuy
AG
Does anybody know if the Belle Meade cask strength reserve is permanently out of production? I read they are going to a flat 108.3 proof Belle Meade reserve. This was one of my favorites that I could actually go out and buy.
jetch17
AG
Blind Pig in Houston is dropping a 7 year cask strength MGP, under the George Remus brand line at 118 proof on Friday
MW03
AG
ThatOneGuy said:

Does anybody know if the Belle Meade cask strength reserve is permanently out of production? I read they are going to a flat 108.3 proof Belle Meade reserve. This was one of my favorites that I could actually go out and buy.
I haven't seen one in a couple of months. I can find Madiera and Sherry all over. I don't know if the word got out on it or what, but I've been hunting for it and can't find it anywhere.
AGdent07
AG
MW03 said:

ThatOneGuy said:

I haven't seen one in a couple of months. I can find Madiera and Sherry all over. I don't know if the word got out on it or what, but I've been hunting for it and can't find it anywhere.

I see it quite a bit and know where I can always grab 2 or 3. If you need one I can pick it up for you
ThatOneGuy
AG
I grabbed the last two at a spot near me yesterday.
07fta07
AG
I've also got a spot in NW Houston that should have quite a few if needed.
CrottyKid
AG
I don't know of this helps anyone or if it has already been discussed (probably has), but I heard from a trusted source that Heaven Hill green label is being discontinued.
lazuras_dc
AG
proudaggie02 said:

agcrock2005 said:

lazuras_dc said:

Haha ok let me change my statement then. How far above msrp should one expect to pay to get a birthday bourbon ? Anyone have any wanting to sell/trade ? (I know there's a trading thread but we already started talking about it here)
I'm in a DFW group and I just did a quick search. There are a couple Fireballs in the last week for 2015 bottles at $72 and 80 per pick (valuation of $720-800). Another 2016 bottle was offered up at $600. 2019 Fireball at $60/pick ($600 valuation). Hope that helps.

I have a 2014 OFBB that I'd part with for the right price.

What's the right price ?
East Dallas Ag
AG
Anyone in DFW have a Weller 12 they want to sell/trade/combo? Have a Blanton's and/or Eagle Rare i could send back.l with some $.
Sazerac
AG
Found Heaven Hill on the shelf at retail for the first time in a long time.

Heard there is an ER 1.75 store pick showing up at specs, but none by the 2 near me.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Houston area for the ER?
austinag1997
AG
FriedTex said:

Yep, it's reaaaalllyy good

Welp, our friends at Del Mesa have a decent combo deal. 1 bottle of Batch B520, and 1 bottle of EC Small Batch for $99.

Just Sayin'

And I procured four (4) more bottles of Batch B520 from a friend. Sitting in NOLA right now.
Naveronski
AG
I hate the lies from liquor stores, particularly Specs.

Fort Worth, went to two places. One said they were sold out.
Bryant Irving location told me they had it when I called, but 7 minutes later when I got to the store, I learned that their liquor guy calls a couple friends to come buy it.
Sazerac
AG
Yep
First Page Last Page
Page 509 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.