Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,750,600 Views | 37564 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by BQRyno
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last week TL in sugar land was doing the combos. EC BP + Vodka for $90 and Blantons + wine for $120.

Know someone from here found ETL on a shelf today. He's riding a hot streak on his finds.
DrFlo
AG
$129. Not sure if that's retail. I've never seen it before.

But then the gave a $21 credit on the Bacardi for "final few spirit"
07fta07
AG
I picked up an ETL and Weller FP today. TW in Houston area had them in and they were almost immediately gone.
D-Dubya-09
AG
Are you interested in selling one of your ETL's??
AggBock
AG
Huge drop in DFW today. I was working. W12, ETL, OWA. Seems like a flood coming
Naveronski
AG
Wow. I'm sure it's sold out already? Or are you calling what you see pop up on secondary?
AGdent07
AG
Elmer, CYPB, WFP all dropped and sold out immediately at my TW. Already seen several pop up on the secondary market in my area. This is what bourbon has come to. Buy it, take a picture, post it for sale at a crazy mark up.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Jdrexgman
AG
Which TW location?
Naveronski
AG
third coast.. said:

AGdent07 said:

Elmer, CYPB, WFP all dropped and sold out immediately at my TW. Already seen several pop up on the secondary market in my area. This is what bourbon has come to. Buy it, take a picture, post it for sale at a crazy mark up.
well in this economy, what do yo expect

I'd rather TW or the distillers raise prices to discourage the secondary market.

Is it really worth $200/750ml? Doubt it.
AGdent07
AG
Haha true. I was thinking about all these people who have extra time to drive around and buy bourbon and sell it. I work all day so I don't stand a chance.
AGdent07
AG
Jdrexgman said:

Which TW location?
Baybrook
MW03
AG
Saw a receipt with Weller FP, Elmer T Lee, and Weller CYPB on it. Total: $134.97.
AGdent07
AG
MW03 said:

Saw a receipt with Weller FP, Elmer T Lee, and Weller CYPB on it. Total: $134.97.
Turns around and sells it on secondary

WFP $300
Elmer $200
Weller CYPB $500

I guess that beats working 9-5
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AGdent07 said:

MW03 said:

WFP $300
Elmer $200
Weller CYPB $500

Personally, I'd rather work 9-5 and have those on hand to have a pour from after work.
Farmer1906
AG
AGdent07 said:

MW03 said:

WFP $300
Elmer $200
Weller CYPB $500

I've had all of those. They're all great. I would never pay anything near that for them. Who's buying this?
AGdent07
AG
I don't know who is buying but I see them for sale all the time.
agcrock2005
AG
First, I have no idea if these are good prices. I can get these bottle below and will not mark them up if anyone is interested. A few of you have ordered various Blanton's from me and received your bottles in the past week so you can vouch that I will deliver if you order.

WLW 2019 - $1,000
THH - $600

I'm in DFW and it has to be delivered to me however. Don't want to ship it so if you're out of town you'll need to arrange pickup if there's any interest.
FTAco07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AGdent07 said:

MW03 said:

WFP $300
Elmer $200
Weller CYPB $500

I've had all of those. They're all great. I would never pay anything near that for them. Who's buying this?
There's plenty of people out there for whom a few hundred dollars doesn't really move the needle and if they want something the money is a lot easier to part with than the time, effort, and frustration spent trying to hunt something down. I also know of a couple companies that like to give hard to find bottles to customers/brokers/etc. and the amount of gratitude they get from the recipient compared to the relative cost outlay for the company is huge.

I've gotten lucky and found good bottles at retail and I've paid full secondary for things I like and can't find, they both taste just as good when I pour a drink.
Wheatables02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

First, I have no idea if these are good prices. I can get these bottle below and will not mark them up if anyone is interested. A few of you have ordered various Blanton's from me and received your bottles in the past week so you can vouch that I will deliver if you order.

WLW 2019 - $1,000
THH - $600

I'm in DFW and it has to be delivered to me however. Don't want to ship it so if you're out of town you'll need to arrange pickup if there's any interest.
They're not. MSRP is $89 on both.

WLW secondary is 850-900.

THH is 375-450
agcrock2005
AG
No worries. You can throw the MSRP out the window on BTAC, but good to know on the secondary. Just offered it up in case it was a good deal. Apparently not.
Goodest Poster
AG
agcrock2005 said:

No worries. You can throw the MSRP out the window on BTAC, but good to know on the secondary. Just offered it up in case it was a good deal. Apparently not.

Not to mention the year on WLW makes a giant difference. And 2ndary market is as high as 1600 on WLW.
AgDev01
AG
8 - 9 hundred for 2019 WLW? Crazy.

If i sold my bottle for half of that id be thrilled.
FTAco07
AG
If you're in DFW I'll give you $400 for a WLW today.
agcrock2005
AG
AgDev01 said:

8 - 9 hundred for 2019 WLW? Crazy.

If i sold my bottle for half of that id be thrilled.
I think you could be more than "thrilled" very quickly. Buddy just told me one traded for $950 two days ago on one of the DFW bourbon pages.
Post removed:
by user
AgDev01
AG
Unfortunately im in VA.
Copp
I'll make it worth your while and pay you 550 to ship the William Larue Weller to Dallas Texas. Not at all kidding either
mazag08
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AGdent07 said:

MW03 said:

WFP $300
Elmer $200
Weller CYPB $500

The Japanese
AgDev01
AG
Shoot me an email. username@gmail.
Post removed:
by user
HCYA21
AG
If people are selling their WLW for $400, count me in. I'm in Houston and I'll show up with cash and a mask like a reverse bandit.
FTAco07
AG
I will never understand the "secondary market is evil" people. Of course I wish I could get stuff I want at retail, but lots of bourbons are a scarce resource and the only way to allocate that properly is by price. I don't understand why all the high demand bottles keep such an artificially low MSRP, but if they raised it to close to secondary would it still be offensive is someone paid Total Wine $550 for WLW instead of an individual?

I would love to have a separate thread just for people looking to buy/sell/trade at whatever price makes a market and keep this one as a discussion thread.
agcrock2005
AG
Has anyone had the Four Roses Super Premium out of Japan? Thoughts?
First Page Last Page
Page 503 of 1074

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.