Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,855,726 Views | 38571 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Therapist
jsn1986
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I opened a bottle yesterday. Enjoyed the first pour, glad I picked it up. I probably wound't regularly sped $70 for it, but worth the try. It wasn't as hot as I expected and I appreciate the touch of rye spice.
agcrock2005
AG
For those interested, he said he has the following, which includes shipping from Europe:

Gold: 210
SFTB: 230
Green: 175

Don't shoot the messenger if these are high (I have no idea)...just offering it up because a lot of people never see these. Two bottle minimum and this includes shipping. If multiple people want however then this won't matter. PM me if interested.
MW03
AG
agcrock2005
AG
OK, add 20% to my numbers then. Lol.
AGdent07
AG
jsn1986 said:

I opened a bottle yesterday. Enjoyed the first pour, glad I picked it up. I probably wound't regularly sped $70 for it, but worth the try. It wasn't as hot as I expected and I appreciate the touch of rye spice.
I traded a buddy for a bottle but haven't got to pick it up yet. Really hoping its worth it.
djmeen95
AG
Holy hell - I gotta go buy a lotto ticket now.

Stopped by the local Costco in Humble and did the obligatory walk through of the liquor store (WB liquor) attached to it.

They were getting a shipment in so I jokingly ask the guy if he got any Blanton's in.... he tells me it just might be my lucky day. Goes to the back and walks back with a bottle in hand.

First ever bottle of Blanton's that I've scored at retail price ($61).

I'm still in shock. Guess the lesson is that it doesn't hurt to always ask. Lol.

07fta07
AG
Went in to TW today to grab their Breckenridge Reserve pick which I've been eyeing and finally decided to buy. Walked out with that and a Blanton's. Allocateds have been non existent so far this month so maybe they're starting to roll into Houston.
Sazerac
AG
Sweeeeet blantons score.

Haven't seen one in Houston in years
Sazerac
AG
FYI no blantons shipment in yet at bunker hill Costco
Sazerac
AG
What's your pick for best bang for the buck barrel proof?

I'm thinking Rare Breed $40 750ml
Farmer1906
AG
Well, you can't find them usually, but Stagg Jr. Its ~$50 retail.
LPHA
AG
Rare Breed is probably my favorite bottle that you can buy any day of the week.
CharlieBrown17
AG
ECBP at 55/60 is mine
Naveronski
AG
I got to talking with one of the managers at my local TW.

Apparently whenever good stuff comes out, 20ish people line up at the door before it opens, they buy it all, and it gets flipped on FB.

He said they know about it but can't do anything about it.
Cyprian
AG
Naveronski said:

Apparently whenever good stuff comes out, 20ish people line up at the door before it opens, they buy it all, and it gets flipped on FB.

This sounds like an inside job, Watson
07fta07
AG
They can do like some of the TW and put it out when they want and not right when they get it. Humble location has told me they often get stuff and may not put any of it out for 24-36+ hours to keep the people who have relationships with distributors from getting a jump on it.
Sazerac
AG
Same for TW memorial. They put it out on a slow drip. Or when someone they like is browsing...
jetch17
AG
cclearman said:

Same for TW memorial. They put it out on a slow drip. Or when someone they like is browsing...

Didn't have dick today
Sazerac
AG
Stagg and ECBP. Two unicorns.

Ok, What about stuff you can actually buy on any given day?
CharlieBrown17
AG
ECBP is hardly a unicorn. Might be hard to come by in Texas but can consistently get it in other states and usually 80-90 on secondary.
Sazerac
AG
Have never once seen in Texas for sale (just displayed)
Farmer1906
AG
I've found several of both the last few years. Don't really look like i used to so it's been a while for both.
AGdent07
AG
Ive seen ECBP once on the shelf and they wanted $200.
AggieAuditor
AG
ECBP A120 is damn near lighter fluid. I love me some high proof, but good lawd that stuff is hot.
RaylanGivens
About how much is a liter of OWA (old label- decal) worth? A friend in Dallas asked me, and I guessed $130-160, but I thought I'd go to the experts.
AgDev01
AG
It amazes me how different the selection and what is "common" varies by state. We really need to reform the post-prohibition laws.

For example my ABC store in VA usually has multiple bottles of ECBP that will sit on the shelf for a week or two after each release.
Fall92
AG
Broke out the BLANTON's SFTB tonight for the first time in about 9 months. Great pour. Better than the ECBPs IMO but a close call w the EHTBP. Will have to break out the EHTBP tomorrow for a comparison.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
SpiderDude
AG
Naveronski said:

Yes, this happens at the Lakeline location in North Austin.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Good pour. ****ty day.
SpiderDude
AG
SpiderDude said:

Naveronski said:

Yes, this happens at the Lakeline location in North Austin.

I'll reply to my own post by noting I've been told this is because the north 183 location in the Arboretum area supposedly gets theirs the day before so people know to get it at Lakeline the following day. They used to have the "special desk" where they sold the allocated bottles... now they put it on the shelf with everything else (supposedly). That sounds like a recipe for disaster and fisticuffs.

Also, unlike these taters...errr fine whiskey lovers I work for a living. I ain't got time to line up before 10am on a weekday to snag Stagg Jr or WTF they're selling. **** like this has me ready to get out of whiskey chasing.
SpiderDude
AG
cclearman said:

What's your pick for best bang for the buck barrel proof?

I'm thinking Rare Breed $40 750ml

Love Breed. Love KC SB 120 (technically not BP but only just). I posted about it previously but Rossville Union BP is some dope MGP Rye $60.
tlfw378
AG
For high proof readily available...OF 1920. Knob Creek. RR, Bookers.

For cost value...OGD114 and WTRB.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Seems like Makers Mark is playing into the "overdip" that some people like to chase.

Three stores around here got cases of the new cask strength bottle and all had one bottle that was dunked.
Gunner33
Went to Republic in CS last night. Had a great steak with several good pours

Elmer T Lee
Thomas Handy
Bombergers
Mid Winter Night Dram
Blood Oath 4
Sazerac
AG
Now that's a splurge

Republic was first place I had Handy
First Page Last Page
Page 497 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.