Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,837,651 Views | 38402 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by betadawg1
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a big fan of what Barrell is doing with their bourbon batches. I do not like the infinity bottle. At all. Single malt whiskey takes over.

I have the 2020 new year's but haven't opened it yet. I don't recall the 17 being noteworthy like the 18 is. Batch 18 is outstanding. I also like 19 and 21. I wouldn't recommend batch 20 and I passed on 22. 23 is good.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
I would. Over that I'm probably tapped out but it's my favorite whiskey ever.
HCYA21
AG
I missed the whole allocating of bottles, but put me on the waitlist for when people drop out. To be quite honest, the process seems fun and exciting enough I'll be in even if its something that doesn't excited me that much on its face. My very own Aggie bourbon would be pretty dadgum cool.
mazag08
AG
CactusThomas said:

I'm a big fan of what Barrell is doing with their bourbon batches. I do not like the infinity bottle. At all. Single malt whiskey takes over.

I have the 2020 new year's but haven't opened it yet. I don't recall the 17 being noteworthy like the 18 is. Batch 18 is outstanding. I also like 19 and 21. I wouldn't recommend batch 20 and I passed on 22. 23 is good.
Nothing wrong with Single Malt being front and center.

Do you not like single malt, or is it just that its to heavy on the single malt, or perhaps not a pleasant one?
CactusThomas
AG
Single malt + bourbon = single malt

Once it's been tainted, no amount of bourbon can bring it back.
EastTexAg14
AG
I have a store here in Houston that has already given me approval that he will bring in barrel picks a small group of friends and I are after.

I am sure he would bring it in for us and then we can tote to College Station. People could pay over the phone or work with him to setup some other platform.

tlfw378
AG
Excellent! Blue star for you.
Daytona22
AG
Updated survey results as of this morning..

Farmer1906
AG
I think all this says is there are more people from Houston on this thread.

I voted for Houston, but am not opposed to going to CS.
streetfighter2012
AG
I live in Houston but am up in CS 2-3 times a month and can run bottles for people.
Daytona22
AG
Agreed. I'm in Houston but up in College Station quite a bit and wouldn't mind making the short trip up there. Just giving the data that was requested.
Fallisfun16
Same here, voted Houston but will gladly make the trip to CS
Superdave1993
AG
In Arkansas, but have contacts in DFW and Houston. Would make the trip down to CS if the schedule works out.
Bunk Moreland
Voted for CS this morning. Forgot to vote yesterday.
Post removed:
by user
AGdent07
AG
EastTexAg14 said:

I have a store here in Houston that has already given me approval that he will bring in barrel picks a small group of friends and I are after.

I am sure he would bring it in for us and then we can tote to College Station. People could pay over the phone or work with him to setup some other platform.

Thanks. Where are they located? I have a store in Pasadena area that I know the owner and he works with HBS to bring in lots of store picks. I want to have a store locked down pretty quickly. Im still hoping someone can provide contact info for a store in College Station.
Post removed:
by user
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Just talked to the owner of Blind Pig in Houston and he is Class of 10'. Said he had to no problem helping us get a barrel
jetch17
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna said:

Just talked to the owner of Blind Pig in Houston and he is Class of 10'. Said he had to no problem helping us get a barrel

They do several barrel picks a year - and right down the street from me
AGdent07
AG
Thanks guys. I just needed someone to help get the ball rolling there. I didn't mind making a phone call. I know some stores are more receptive with doing store picks. Feel free to PM and I can give you my number and we can get things figured out.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
jetch17 said:

Tyrone_The_Tuna said:

They do several barrel picks a year - and right down the street from me
I asked how many they do and he says the do 20 a year. Might be a winner since they do so many barrel picks and the owner is an Aggie who doesn't post, but who knows about Texags
Bunk Moreland
Half Pint's College Station - 979-704-5109.

Owner and his wife work it I think so if you call you're going to talk to someone who can provide an answer either way.
07fta07
AG
Me too. They're good guys. Waiting on their Russell's pick to come in later this summer.
Cyprian
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think all this says is there are more people from Houston on this thread.

I voted for Houston, but am not opposed to going to CS.
Yea, same here. I voted Houston, but CS would be fine as well.
agcrock2005
AG
Got a couple bottles in today! If anyone is looking for the various Blanton's in DFW area I can get them for you from a guy in Belgium. I've bought about 10 Black, Green, Gold, SFTB from him over the last year and am willing to do it for his price and not charge a markup if it's something you're interested in.
StEdsCOOG
No Smoke Wagon at my local Specs just yet but I did find a 1792 FP and McKenna 10. Never seen either before so I figured I'd see if the two are worth they hype.
Sazerac
AG
Curious what he charges you?
He's bringing them whenever he flies to USA?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Count me in as curious.
Naveronski
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Got a couple bottles in today! If anyone is looking for the various Blanton's in DFW area I can get them for you from a guy in Belgium. I've bought about 10 Black, Green, Gold, SFTB from him over the last year and am willing to do it for his price and not charge a markup if it's something you're interested in.

I'm interested, but I've never had it before.

I'm guessing it's not cheap if it's worth the trouble of importing?
Orozco05
Went bottle shopping today.
There's a liquor store off Fry & W Little York (S&R Liquor) next to a Kroger that had several bottles of Knob Creek 12 Yr for $57/bottle....Yamazaki 12 Yr for $200.....and finally...Weller Full Proof for $400. Grabbed one bottle of KC 12 year and bounced.

Ahhh yes...they also had a bottle of KC 25th Anny
AGdent07
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

No Smoke Wagon at my local Specs just yet but I did find a 1792 FP and McKenna 10. Never seen either before so I figured I'd see if the two are worth they hype.
Anybody pick this up and actually open it and give it a try. I know several hoarders have picked it up and are sitting on it for the secondary value. I wish people would leave one for the actual bourbon drinkers.
agcrock2005
AG
cclearman said:

Curious what he charges you?
He's bringing them whenever he flies to USA?
No it's a guy on FB that ships them to me. Quite a few of you have reached out and I'm getting some pricing from him on what he has now. I'm sure he's sleeping now. It's not cheap. Around $200/bottle.
Outdoorag011
I will be driving through Arlington on Saturday... anyone have any of the EHT line they would trade?
William Larue Weller
AG
agcrock2005 said:

If he can get you a Red, I would be interested.
StEdsCOOG
AGdent07 said:

StEdsCOOG said:

Anybody pick this up and actually open it and give it a try. I know several hoarders have picked it up and are sitting on it for the secondary value. I wish people would leave one for the actual bourbon drinkers.
Spec's got a bunch of it. Most of the Houston stores haven't received their shipments. North and west Houston should be getting some any day now.
First Page Last Page
Page 496 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.