Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,834,421 Views | 38371 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Spring and summer months those hotels are probably begging for business

Not as bad as they will be during football season
AGdent07
AG
The thought process with doing a voting poll for location was to get a general idea of where most of those interested in the bottles are located. College Station was my preferred location for distribution since I was hoping we could do a group meet up and bottle share. I think we all share the same sentiment of traveling back to College Station and creating new memories while reliving some old ones. However I need a liquor store in the College Station location to be the distributor for us. I currently do not have any liquor store contacts there and would need someone to help out with that. I appreciate all of your super sweet suggestions. You guys are the best and I love taking time to make each of you happy.

As for the barrel pick, I am currently a part of the single barrel select partnership with BT and have been in contact with their representative. All 2020 barrels have been sold out as previously mentioned. Based on the voting polls I will try to work on getting in contact with some of the other distilleries. Trying to keep this thing alive. Thank you for those of you who have reached out to help.
DDSO
AG
I am in East Texas and voted for CS. My in laws live there and it is more convenient for me to get to, compared to Houston and DFW. I am happy to shuttle bottles back to the Tyler area.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

All 2020 barrels have been sold out as previously mentioned.
Thanks for your effort on this...since 2021 is only a few months away, is WFP still a possibility or are we moving on? Doesn't matter to me.
Post removed:
by user
CactusThomas
AG
Amen
Wheatables02
AG
My proposal drafting is now on hold until we decide what city we want to bring the barrel(s) into...
LPHA
AG
I voted for Houston, but College Station makes more sense.
AlaskanAg99
AG
If it's Houston the HBS will be all over it unless there's some sort of quiet online presale.
aTm '99
Post removed:
by user
MJ20/20
AG
third coast.. said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

If it's Houston the HBS will be all over it unless there's some sort of quiet online presale.

They can all EAD and if we get it done with us amd buy our requested bottles then they wont get anything. If we are working with an owner someone here knows they arent just going to sell our bottles out from under us to a bunch of losers.
Absolute poetry
Naveronski
AG
What is HBS?
Orozco05
One of my old co-workers is now working with Heaven Hill. I reached out to see if they had anymore picks available for this fall and they said that this year was allocated out already :/
agcrock2005
AG
Naveronski said:

What is HBS?
My guess Houston Bourbon Society.
Daytona22
AG
Can you get on the list for next year yet?
AGdent07
AG
Well we got some angry posters here today. Jeez its only Tuesday. Must be the corona got you all worked up. I suggest some of you have a bourbon or two tonight.

If we have a relationship with the distributor and we are purchasing bottles that are allocated, then there should be no issues with them being sold out from underneath us. Saying that we need to find a store owner who we can have a relationship with and completely trust.

Sounds like College Station is the distribution hub of choice so hopefully someone here can make some recommendations or pass along contact info.

I totally agree with those of you who feel that Weller FP is not going to happen. We know, we get it. Im sure lots of interest will drop off once the reality of what the actual barrel pick is going to be. Thats fine cause based on the interest we will be more than able to allocate those peoples bottles. If we can manage to get out first barrel pick and make this thing happen then we can improve/refine this process.
Orozco05
She mentioned that when the picks are opened up again, which will be for spring, that she would let me know. She's good people. Just have to stay in touch.
turfman80
AG
Texas_Aggie91 said:

I also agree. I live in Bryan and am willing to make the trek to CS for this.
I'm with you!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Latrobe
AG
AGdent07 said:

Well we got some angry posters here today. Jeez its only Tuesday. Must be the corona got you all worked up. I suggest some of you have a bourbon or two tonight.

If we have a relationship with the distributor and we are purchasing bottles that are allocated, then there should be no issues with them being sold out from underneath us. Saying that we need to find a store owner who we can have a relationship with and completely trust.

Sounds like College Station is the distribution hub of choice so hopefully someone here can make some recommendations or pass along contact info.

I totally agree with those of you who feel that Weller FP is not going to happen. We know, we get it. Im sure lots of interest will drop off once the reality of what the actual barrel pick is going to be. Thats fine cause based on the interest we will be more than able to allocate those peoples bottles. If we can manage to get out first barrel pick and make this thing happen then we can improve/refine this process.

Nice work Agdent07! Keep fighting the good fight! Glad we have a level head at the helm.
VictoryLapAg
AG
Anybody tried Wolcott? $24 bottle. Got it tonight for the first time and pretty good! Might have a new every day drink.
Superdave1993
AG
I will actually try and make the trip form Arkansas for this! At this point I don't care what it is, but only that it will be ours.
jwhitlock3
On the south end of town there's Half Pints and Whiskey Charlie's if anyone has a relationship with them? Half Pint's is a small shop but they're local owners, we could see if they'd be willing (guy's name is Brad)? I don't know anything about Whiskey Charlie, not affiliated with either liquor store.
trouble
AG
The local bourbon group works with the owner at Libations in Bryan.
jwhitlock3
trouble said:

The local bourbon group works with the owner at Libations in Bryan.
That sounds like it should be a strip club...
trouble
AG
If you say so
jwhitlock3
Small joke, glad to see I'm still hilarious on the internet!
Bunk Moreland
The Half Pint folks are pretty good people. They might be a good candidate.
MW03
AG
I stumbled on a random store while out travelling that was loaded to the gills in Knob Creek and Barrel options, all over MSRP but close enough that it got me thinking. Off the top of my head, I saw:

Knob Creek 2001
Knob Creek Quarter Oak
Knob Creek Double Rye
Barrell Infinity Project
Barrell New Year
Barrell Batch 17

I need to go back and spend more time looking and comparing. Unfortunately, I was on my way to a meeting, but they had some other stuff that didn't look familiar at all that I'd like to take a better peak at.

Anyway, I've never tried Barrell. I think I remember reading that a couple of their batches were noteworthy. My question is what you'd consider jumping on from this list, or what I should be eyeballing for in Barrell selections.

The Knob Creek 2001 was particularly enticing, but a little pricey.
HouseDivided06
AG
Everything I have read said the Knob Creek 2001 didn't distinguish itself enough from the Knob Creek 120 to justify the price. Never had it, but I had a couple opportunities to buy some and didn't because of that. I DID buy a 25th Anniversary when True Spirits in Plano went out of business (awful day) and I got it for $85. And that was an outstanding bottle.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Would yall pay $80 for an OWA? I can't remember what MSRP and secondary is for that bottle.
MW03
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Would yall pay $80 for an OWA? I can't remember what MSRP and secondary is for that bottle.

Personally, I would. It's my current favorite. I paid $100 for a store pick version recently.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Tasted it with some buddies at a restaurant recently and one of them wants to get a bottle and just found it for that price. Thanks for the info.
FTAco07
AG
I hereby offer $101 to anyone willing to sell me an OWA. PMs are open.
Fall92
AG
I've been looking for that Barrel Infinity. Never come across one.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Elsjuan
AG
I have some 750s and 1L. Pokerface
First Page Last Page
Page 495 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.