Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,833,347 Views | 38366 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by rca21978
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Voted
HCYA21
AG
Something that you can actually find? Knob Creek 12 or OF 1920. Something that's hard to find but less for secondary or sometimes findable? Stagg Jr. or Elijah Craig Barrel Proof.
Superdave1993
AG
Vored !
Pasquale Liucci
AG
OWA
RR
4R
HCYA21
AG
To be clear, if I see Blanton's in particular on a shelf at retail price (which hasn't happened in a long time), I'm excited and I'm buying it. I'm not crapping on it. I think maybe because the bottle is so dang cool and it does taste good, and where it comes from? Its a bit of a golden icon for people to find when its not going to blow them away like they might think.
AGdent07
AG
This is straight from BT. $30k? Maybe you shouldn't listen to that guy.
John Francis Donaghy
I'm probably one of the few that didnt vote for Weller.

4R
RR
KC

It was tough picking between Knob Creek and OFBP for that 3rd spot. But honestly I'm in no matter what, just because I want to see this take off and become a somewhat regular thing, even if the first barrel isn't one of my favorites. Really hoping everyone doesn't back out when they find out we aint getting Weller, and the whole thing falls apart.

Thanks to everyone who is doing the work to help make this happen.
ClickClack
AG
AGdent07 said:

This is straight from BT. $30k? Maybe you shouldn't listen to that guy.

Maybe they were saying that because of demand, I don't know, but he has the best bourbon selection I've ever seen in a bar. I trust him. Maybe I misheard or misremember the price he said.
SpiderDude
AG
Let's take out a few 2nd mortgages and splurge on the 1971 Blended Scotch Whiskey. We can call it "Rob Roy Jenkins... let's do this!!!"
mazag08
AG
Eagle Rare at half the price of most of the generic stuff most people here want.
Superdave1993
AG
SpiderDude said:

Let's take out a few 2nd mortgages and splurge on the 1971 Blended Scotch Whiskey. We can call it "Rob Roy Jenkins... let's do this!!!"
I was thinking about that one as "M.F. Barnes Select"
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Well we just bought an entire barrel of full proof (see my pic that kicked off this madness) and it was exactly as advertised above.
RenoAg
John Francis Donaghy said:

I'm probably one of the few that didnt vote for Weller.

4R
RR
KC

It was tough picking between Knob Creek and OFBP for that 3rd spot. But honestly I'm in no matter what, just because I want to see this take off and become a somewhat regular thing, even if the first barrel isn't one of my favorites. Really hoping everyone doesn't back out when they find out we aint getting Weller, and the whole thing falls apart.

Thanks to everyone who is doing the work to help make this happen.

This man knows his stuff. Also happens to look much like mine. Of course if it is 4R we'll need to select yeast recipe too.
RenoAg
Different topic. I had been out of the loop on secondary markets since the great FB purge a couple years ago. Finally discovered it being alive last night and apparently doing well. Color me shocked at the prices of bottles now. Even more outrageous than I thought they'd be. I'm torn between cashing in on a majority of my bunker for max profitz or selling at a discount to those prices to drinkers. That's a lot of cheddar. Don't judge me. Just being honest. And yes I'm keeping some bottles for myself to drink. I just can't see opening and drinking bottles worth anywhere north of several hundred bucks, especially if I've already enjoyed pours of it in the past. Probably keep some stuff for future Htown Texags tastings I'd like to host once all the Rona stuff dies down too. To share. Met a few here already but it'd be cool to meet some more of you foolz.
AGdent07
AG
Id probably be interested in some stuff that I haven't been lucky enough to come across or try. I would be careful with secondary markets. You need to have a good idea of the secondary market value of your bottle. Most guys will overvalue theirs and undervalue yours. We have talked about creating a MSRP vs secondary market value list in the past and this would really help.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
RenoAg said:

Different topic. I had been out of the loop on secondary markets since the great FB purge a couple years ago. Finally discovered it being alive last night and apparently doing well. Color me shocked at the prices of bottles now. Even more outrageous than I thought they'd be. I'm torn between cashing in on a majority of my bunker for max profitz or selling at a discount to those prices to drinkers. That's a lot of cheddar. Don't judge me. Just being honest. And yes I'm keeping some bottles for myself to drink. I just can't see opening and drinking bottles worth anywhere north of several hundred bucks, especially if I've already enjoyed pours of it in the past. Probably keep some stuff for future Htown Texags tastings I'd like to host once all the Rona stuff dies down too. To share. Met a few here already but it'd be cool to meet some more of you foolz.
I'd be interested in some bottles. Wouldn't expect retail, but something that would make sence for both of us. Shipping bottles and dealing with strangers sucks, but I'm local to Houston.
Sazerac
AG
I'm interested in a couple of things. Post what you have!
tlfw378
AG
Count me in the interested club for buying and sharing. I'm in The Woodlands area.
07fta07
AG
Interested as well and I'm in Houston.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks for putting this survey together! I'm certainly in for any pick for this group too.
streetfighter2012
AG
Add me to the list of possible buyers.
mazag08
AG
Second Bookers 2020 batch has been announced!
MW03
AG
I still can't find 2020-01. I have been looking for months, and it's pissing me right off. The booker's releases are my favorite bottles to taste and collect/compare, but I'll be damned if i'm going to pay secondary for it.
mazag08
AG
MW03 said:

I still can't find 2020-01. I have been looking for months, and it's pissing me right off. The booker's releases are my favorite bottles to taste and collect/compare, but I'll be damned if i'm going to pay secondary for it.

Specs has had it in their back rooms allocated for months. Might be gone now.
Sazerac
AG
Is the -01 -02 just the release number for that year?

I haven't purchased bookers in years and passed on a bunch in the last month. But I enjoy high proof much more now so I should probably grab a bottle.
mazag08
AG
cclearman said:

Is the -01 -02 just the release number for that year?

I haven't purchased bookers in years and passed on a bunch in the last month. But I enjoy high proof much more now so I should probably grab a bottle.

Yes. 01 was Granny's Batch naked after Booker's mom. This one is named Boston Batch, named after original location.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
I see it quite frequently on the shelf at specs in CS
07fta07
AG
I've seen several in Houston the last couple days. Let me know if you're in Houston and I'll point you to them.
Bunk Moreland
MW03 said:

There were 3 bottles on the shelf at Spec's on Rock Prairie in CS the other day and last I checked there was only 1 left. May be gone now.
MW03
AG
mazag08 said:

MW03 said:

Speaking of, I was recently browsing during a lunch break. I was out milling around, minding my own business, and I happened to overhear a conversation between various employees talking about "fat wallets." Interest piqued, the gist of the conversation was that they were actively holding bottles back and waiting for cash tips before releasing anything that was allocated.

MW03
AG
07fta07 said:

I've seen several in Houston the last couple days. Let me know if you're in Houston and I'll point you to them.
DFW, sadly. Bourbon purgatory.
07fta07
AG
I've seen them at several Specs and Twin Liquors. Some of the smaller specs that have glass cases for their allocateds have them in there versus in the managers office. Might be worth a try.
Sazerac
AG
@Twin Liquors 99/59

Just bought EHT SIngle and Rye at msrp.

They also have
4 bookers 2019-04
Little Book
Bakers 13

Thinking I will buy the little book. Thoughts on those?
Naveronski
AG
MW03 said:

mazag08 said:

MW03 said:

Speaking of, I was recently browsing during a lunch break. I was out milling around, minding my own business, and I happened to overhear a conversation between various employees talking about "fat wallets." Interest piqued, the gist of the conversation was that they were actively holding bottles back and waiting for cash tips before releasing anything that was allocated.

That's ****ty.
First Page Last Page
Page 490 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.