Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,853,557 Views | 38544 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by Naveronski
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This sounds awesome. I'm in for 2 at least.
MW03
AG
On the list already but didn't give a number. In for at least 2, and a max of 4.
OutdoorAg2010
AG
I'm in for 4!
FriedTex
AG
In for 6
LawHall88
AG
I'm in for 2.
John Francis Donaghy
Cyprian
AG
We might need to cap this thing off at some point.

#FOMO
jh0400
AG
The idea of a Wellerz pick brought the TexAgs taters out in force.

Also, I like the idea of a Whitmeyer's barrel that was suggested.
Cyprian
AG
jh0400 said:

They hooked up the factory I manage with a couple hundred pounds of hand sanitizers, when the pickings were very slim, & we almost ran out. Good folks there.
MW03
AG
Can we call it "Hell's coming with me" bourbon?

Ducks4brkfast
AG
third coast.. said:

You know we could also try and pick a whitmeyers barrel and I'm pretty sure he would let us have a bottle share at the distillery and pick the barrel one night, especially if we did a charity thing for the veterans program he is involved in.

He would 100% and starting with a local distillery like that is probably the right approach.
John Francis Donaghy
jh0400 said:

I wonder how many caught Ducks post a day or so ago saying the turnaround time for a Weller Full Proof barrel is over a year from the time you order it.

How many will stick around when we end up with a barrel of something else?
Elsjuan
AG
In for 4 bottles
FriedTex
AG
jh0400 said:

Yea it'd be nice to aggregate the number of posts on this thread to set "bottle rights"

I'm also hoping that we remember the Aggie Network is broader than the state of Texas (as great as it is) and someone will do this long time poster a solid // humbly requested
Wheatables02
AG
FriedTex said:

jh0400 said:

Yea it'd be nice to aggregate the number of posts on this thread to set "bottle rights"

I'm also hoping that we remember the Aggie Network is broader than the state of Texas (as great as it is) and someone will do this long time poster a solid // humbly requested
Yep as a regular contributor, you would definitely get some.

This is going to be a much larger undertaking than imagined...I'm still reaching out to my contact.
jthonen
AG
Can't believe I haven't weighed in on this already. Weller Full Proof, please. In for whatever though - 4 to 6 bottles.
BR 82
In in in. 2-6 bottles I don't care.
SweaterVest
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

jh0400 said:

I wonder how many caught Ducks post a day or so ago saying the turnaround time for a Weller Full Proof barrel is over a year from the time you order it.

How many will stick around when we end up with a barrel of something else?

I think that was just the turnaround time to go pick it. Then you routinely wait 6 months to a year for it to be bottled and distributed to your liquor store..
SweaterVest
AG
All I care about is if Tx4guns is on the selection committee!

Ducks4brkfast
AG
That's about right. Coronas shut the distilleries down for a few months so that pushed all the barrel picking back.

Here we are at Beam picking some Knob Creek barrels last year.

betadawg1
AG
Here is the link for the single barrel select program. All the bourbons (1792s, Wellers, BT, EHT) are sold out for 2020. I've heard that the popular barrels sell out in minutes when they open the year up.

https://app.singlebarrelselect.com/img/how_it_works.pdf

If been trying to get a barrel for several years.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yes, minutes
SweaterVest
AG
Man that looks outstanding. I would love to do a KC rye pick at some point.

How many barrels did y'all pick and how many distilleries?
SweaterVest
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Yes, minutes

You mean to tell me that any old joe can't just buy 200 bottles of WFP at retail AND pick the barrel whenever he pleases?

I'm shocked!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
That trip was just a knob creek bourbon and a rye barrel. Between the two groups I'm in we're good for 4-6 barrels a year from all over.
mazag08
AG
I still think Woodford or Four Roses would be great options. Something you can normally find on the shelf, so you don't have to fight the crazed mobs, but would still be damned good to get in a single barrel form.
AGdent07
AG
Hey guys I have been busy today and am continuing to update the spreadsheet. Everyone will be added with their requested amounts. Once I have a total list I will sort the requests by max and min totals. As some of you have alluded to this is going to be a long long process from start to finish. This isn't a order a barrel tomorrow and have bottles delivered. Once I have a total amount we can figure out if we need to do a second barrel pick. Glad to see so many of you are excited about bourbon and hope something cool can come to fruition.
RGC 08
AG
Long time lurker who would be in for 4-6.
aggie7020
AG
Was at Spec's today and they wanted $20 more for Woodford Double Oaked. Trying to figure out if it is worth it or not.
mazag08
AG
aggie7020 said:

Was at Spec's today and they wanted $20 more for Woodford Double Oaked. Trying to figure out if it is worth it or not.

Woodford double oaked is a fantastic bottle worth every penny of the $50 they charge. If you're talking about their store pick, I think they're asking $65 which might be a tad high but seems reasonable given the effort it takes to get one done and on the shelves. Also, single barrels will always cost more than the mass consumption blends.
aggie7020
AG
Ok thanks for the input. I enjoy the regular. Just trying to figure out if the store pick was worth it.
mazag08
AG
aggie7020 said:

Ok thanks for the input. I enjoy the regular. Just trying to figure out if the store pick was worth it.

I haven't tried it. But I do own a store pick bottle. I've heard some reviews that love it and some that hate it. The standard double oaked has an almost "dessert" whiskey flavor and palette feel. The ones that hated the store pick some not like that it's much more of a standard flavor profile. Leads me to thinking that a lot of the standard DO flavor comes from proofing it down, but could be mistaken there.
Dig Doug
AG
I am certainly in for 2-4 bottles.
Kid A
AG
Please put me down for 4. Thanks.
Dig Doug
AG
I realize we are in the middle of the great "Texags Barrel Pick" discussion but have been meaning to ask this group if there are some DFW aggies (primarily North burbs, Plano, Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Lucas) that want to get together on maybe a monthly or quarterly time frame for some bourbon tasting? Everybody brings a bottle and we blind taste or something. Chance to get together with other bourbon loving ags for good bourbon tasting and discussion?
First Page Last Page
Page 481 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.