Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,601 Views | 37595 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Pac1698
TamuKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be in for a case or two depending on what we're picking!
mazag08
AG
How would we get the bottles? Could the person picking up ship them?

Big pick up meet up?
RGRAg1/75
AG
In for 3.
AggBock
AG
This will not happen. It is shippers responsibility for damage and it is illegal so I can see nothing but issues. I say we all meet. In college station for photo op and pickup. I'm in Fort Worth.
RGRAg1/75
AG
AggBock said:

This will not happen. It is shippers responsibility for damage and it is illegal so I can see nothing but issues. I say we all meet. In college station for photo op and pickup. I'm in Fort Worth.
mazag08
AG
AggBock said:

Works for me. Academic plaza?
the dude10
AG
I'm still not sure exactly how this works, if they need money upfront, etc. I do have an idea though.

I have a buddy from high school that now owns a liquor store in a small town in central Texas. Since we do know that it has to run through a liquor store we could just do it through his store, pick everything ourselves, label and barrel and everything. Then he just holds the bottles for all of us and doesn't bring out a bottle for someone unless they mention this thread. We get our barrel, his small town store gets to sell ~200 bottles at MSRP, everyone is happy. I am sure there are many details to workout but this seems like the easiest solution to me right now.
dmart90
AG
In!
dmart90
AG
And just finished this bottle. Been nursing it along for about 4 years. Soooooo good.
trouble
AG
When we do it with the local bourbon society, we run it all through a liquor store. We provide a list of who has claimed them. After a certain time, she's free to put them on the shelf or sell them to her preferred customers.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
I'm in.
dmart90
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

It seems like we have a ton of interest. Should we do more than one barrel if we get all the details figured out? Still a lot of figure out but I think this is a great idea.
What if we did more than one distillery? Maybe one barrel from Beam, one from 4 Roses, and one from Buffalo Trace? Then we'd all get a mix of unique bottles...

The more I think about this - the cooler it sounds!
pathag1
AG
I'm in for several bottles.
jetch17
AG
I'm in for several bottles of imaginary juice ... but seriously if it turns into something nice, I'll be in for several.
Farmer1906
AG
Enough talky. Someone take my money and I'll be there in CS In a min to pick up my bottles.
LPHA
AG
jetch17 said:

I'm in for several bottles of imaginary juice ... but seriously if it turns into something nice, I'll be in for several.

What the dong said. There are probably way too many people making decisions to have anything happen. I hope it does because that would be *********badass. A "We Know Things" sticker would be awesome too.

I'm either 3 or 4 deep in a store pick RR. *********tasty.
MW03
AG
New for this evening. Been really impressed with Knob Creeks offerings of late
Wheatables02
AG
I'd be in. I am friends with a local liquor store manager. I would want something I cannot normally get (Full Proof pick, W107 pick) or a Russell's Reserve pick, Knob, Elijah Craig pick) in that order.

I am in DFW. I would not mind helping coordinate but I would need to ask if its something we can do. Surely someone else here has friends also....

Maybe we can arrange for samples to be sent to DFW and Houston and have gatherings (tastings) and vote on the picks...
CactusThomas
AG
I have one of those from OLC. Mine is terrible.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I am in as well for 4 bottles. I have no liquor store friends though.
djmeen95
AG
Just picked this up at the Total Wine near Deerbrook Mall in Houston / Kingwood.

Should last awhile!
FriedTex
AG
In.
MW03
AG
CactusThomas said:

I have one of those from OLC. Mine is terrible.

Hot nose. Not nearly in the class as my Rye Cask, but still solid. Lots of herbal notes for a rye. Enjoying it neat.
Fall92
AG
I'm in for 4-5 bottles
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
AggBock
AG
Guys. I'm willing to do most of the legwork here. I will call buffalo trace and see what is needed. We will get a Full proof Barrell if possible. The part that worries me is the negotiation of price with local distributor and store.... that could be tough. Here is what we need.

1. Person with contact to allow us to ship to. Prefer CS.
2. Agreement from TexAgs to use there name on the selection. I don't think the official non beveled ATM is happening.
3. I will make a list based on response already, I would ask for payment via VM or PPFF at time of purchase to reserve.
4. We meet to uncork our tasty Weller and have a good party. Remaining bottles can be mulled to major hubs from there for pickup. I have Fort Worth covered.

More to come.
Aggbock
AGdent07
AG
AggBock shoot me a PM we are working to get this thing rolling
aggie7020
AG
I've been on a big bourbon kick lately. So I'm in for 4 to 6 bottles.
txag2008
AG
I couldn't miss out on a TA sourced bottle. Count me in.
AGdent07
AG
Ok I created a TexAgs Bourbon Group on facebook. We are going to try and use that as an easier way to communicate. Im thinking we will need to create a poll of some sort to figure out what barrels would be the most popular. I would love to get a Weller Full Proof but I think there needs to be some back up plans in place
AggBock
AG
I will buy back stars tomorrow so I can be more effective.
LPHA
AG
What's it called?
HouseDivided06
AG
You're FW and I'm Dallas. I'm happy to help and meet up and share some of the brunt of this.
AGdent07
AG
LPHA said:

What's it called?
TexAgs Bourbon Group

I know I worked really hard on the name
drred4
Well hell put me in as well. I love bourbon and scotch. Seems like a good way to get some quality bottles have a good meet with respective conisuers. Maybe even trade some others we all have with eaxh other.
MW03
AG
Can't find it
First Page Last Page
Page 478 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.