Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,904 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by betadawg1
Cyprian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, very nice idea - ~4 bottles on my end would be good
HouseDivided06
AG
the dude10 said:

It sounds like there is enough legitimate interest for us to make this happen and everyone make it out with a few bottles. The question is who has the knowledge/connections to spearhead this thing.

My vote would be for us to select a barrel of something that is pretty difficult to find, like WFP. I also love four roses picks tho. I would prefer to not pick something that we have a legitimate shot at finding anytime such as knob creek or RR. Even though these are good, any one of us could find those with a little effort. Just my two cents...
Agree with this completely. WFP would be my personal preference just for something different and more difficult to find. I do not have connections, but I am happy to be volunteer to help whoever DOES. I am in Dallas if that makes any difference.
DDSO
AG
I would be in and the have a buddy who would be too.
Outdoorag011
I am in 10000%.
txaggie05
AG
I'm so in for this. The distro is going to be the tricky part since it technically has to go through a liquor store, correct?
Outdoorag011
It seems like we have a ton of interest. Should we do more than one barrel if we get all the details figured out? Still a lot of figure out but I think this is a great idea.
AGdent07
AG
Yeah it sounds like we have to go through a distributor to order a barrel. Around 200 bottles per barrel. Need to figure out upfront cost and then split it up. Sounds like there is more than enough attention here. I can call a distributor I know but no guarantees on any results. If anyone else wants to make some phone calls feel free. From my understanding they have a set date on when you can purchase Weller FP barrels and it sells out very quickly.
MW03
AG
Very interested as well. Would like to see more details.
tlfw378
AG
Based on my count there may not be any bottles left, but I'd sure like to join the group pick.
Fallisfun16
I'd be interested in a couple bottles
AGdent07
AG
I emailed the contact from buffalo trace in regards to a single barrel pick (specifically Weller FP). Hopefully we can get a response soon and I can give you guys some details.
MW03
AG
https://singlebarrelselect.buffalotracedistillery.com/distillery.html

Quote:

Select Your Brand
Selecting your own barrel is a one-of-a-kind experience that begins with choosing a brand from our exclusive portfolio.

Visit the Distillery
After your brand selection, you'll visit the Buffalo Trace distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky where your barrel awaits, aging to perfection. Upon your arrival, you'll be taken on an extensive, behind-the-scenes tour where you will learn about the rich history of distilling.

Make Your Selection
Following your personal tour, you will sample directly from several barrels chosen especially for you by our experts. First, you'll taste the distinctive flavors straight from the barrel completely uncut. Then, at bottling proof, the natural aromas will shine through. Once you find the barrel that best reflects your discerning taste, we'll send the barrel off to begin its journey to your front door.

Call on the Master Distiller
If you're unable to visit the Buffalo Trace distillery, we can mail you single barrel samples to taste and choose from, or our Master Distiller will skillfully select a barrel for you that you will undoubtedly appreciate as much as if you had hand-selected it yourself.

Visit the Distillery
After you select from our list of award-winning brands, you can choose to visit the Buffalo Trace distillery where your barrel is expertly aging. You will get a personally guided tour of our historic Franklin County, Kentucky distillery and see where your barrel began its journey. If you're unable to visit us, you can elect to receive samples from which to taste and choose, or our Master Distiller will personally select a barrel for you.

Select Bottle Sizes
Once the barrel that perfectly suits your distinct palate is chosen, you can select from an array of sizes. The number of bottles that can be produced from a single barrel depends on the age of your barrel, and the location in the warehouse where it is aging, but on average, you can expect between 180-240 bottles.

Customize Your Bottles
Each of the bottles from your selected barrel will be labeled with a customized medallion containing either a personalized message or a business logo. Additionally, the actual barrel you selected can be stenciled with the brand logo and shipped with your order to use for display or as a keepsake to commemorate your exclusive distillery experience.

How long is the process? How much will it cost?
The process takes approximately eight weeks from the time you finalize your selection, to when your bottles and empty barrel arrive at the retail store. The cost for a barrel ranges between $4,000 and $15,000 depending on the number of bottles your barrel yields, and the price negotiated locally by the distributor and retailer.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Quote:

Each of the bottles from your selected barrel will be labeled with a customized medallion containing either a personalized message or a business logo
this is where the most argument will come
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna said:

Quote:

Each of the bottles from your selected barrel will be labeled with a customized medallion containing either a personalized message or a business logo
this is where the most argument will come

No bevel
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
AGdent07 said:

From my understanding they have a set date on when you can purchase Weller FP barrels and it sells out very quickly.
This. We ordered a barrel from Buffalo Trace last November and just received word we're scheduled to go pick it in December.
Cyprian
AG
Let's make it a strong political statement... nothing could go wrong with that idea
CactusThomas
AG
Sully sticker or GTFO
John Francis Donaghy
Cyprian said:

Let's make it a strong political statement... nothing could go wrong with that idea

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
KyleJ2012
AG
Been lurking for awhile. I'll use my first post in 6 years to say I'm in for a barrel pick.
Jdrexgman
AG
Great idea! I'm in for barrel pick(s).
agcrock2005
AG
Wow, this really took off. WFP would be awesome and there would be no problem selling 200 bottles. Might need two barrels!
mazag08
AG
I'm in for 4-5 bottles officially.
aggielostinETX
AG
mazag08 said:

I'm in for 4-5 bottles officially.

Sames

Maybe 10-20 depending on price point and quality
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
CactusThomas
AG
I really think we would need 2 barrels and I doubt WFP is going to be an option
DallasAggie2012
AG
Would definitely be in for a bottle or two of a group pick! Mostly full time lurker on this thread of course.
LawHall88
AG
In like Flynn.
Bmac04
AG
In for bottles as well
djmeen95
AG
In
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
This will be on the bottles?

CharlieBrown17
AG
There aren't ECBP picks.
mazag08
AG
Woodford has a barrel pick program. Id' be down for Double Oaked or Rye.

https://www.woodfordreserve.com/lifestyle/personal-selection/
Agman
AG
I'm in. Working in Louisville if need local help.
First Page Last Page
Page 477 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.