Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,831,517 Views | 38338 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by Tksymm7
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm gonna do the specs, specs, Twin, specs, Twin loop.

And see how I do. Then may try one of the other 30 google shows...

Can't believe how many liquor stores CS has now!
07fta07
AG
WA107, Blantons and EHT making the rounds in Houston this week. So far I've only seen the WA107. TW Humble maybe be putting out some of the WA107 tomorrow from what I was told.
PearlandAg09
AG
Hit two TW's in Houston this morning - both had lots going on the shelves, and both stocked with WSR and BT, which they weren't a couple of days ago, so i suspect this is accurate
07fta07
AG
I've seen more WSR and BT on the shelves this week than I have in a long time. It's fully stocked.
Fallisfun16
Yup, specs at 290 and Jones had full shelves of WSR and BT. Nothing allocated though
Superdave1993
AG
Saw a post on the Arkansas FB group that said Jim Beam is doing a nationwide release of their Old Tub. I have gone through two of the 375 bottles from the distillery when it was only available there. I have always enjoyed their cheap limited runs like distillers cut and repeal batch at their price point. Looks like it will be $20 bucks or so for a regular bottle. The 375 bottles were about the same price.
07fta07
AG
They had Eagle Rare in the managers office less than an hour ago if you ask.
CharlieBrown17
AG
As of 2017 or 18 most were run down in not great areas and only sold cheap ****

I had a lot of free time in college
Sazerac
AG
CS was pretty much a bust.

Specs south - first stop sold me an allocated ER
Twin southwest - nada
Specs university - nada
Twin Holleman - masters keep $170 didn't purchase
Specs Harvey - Case of ER but calling down their list. Sold me a 1792 single barrel
Whiskey Charlie 3 - KC12 that I almost bought but didn't.

Picked up a couple things that I don't see around Houston much just to have on hand.
CactusThomas
AG
cclearman said:

Twin Holleman - masters keep $170 didn't purchase

whaa
CactusThomas
AG
AggBock
AG
Can someone point me to the list with retail vs secondary please?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I don't like the Spec's way of allocating. As someone said before a few pages back I believe, the Total Wine system to me is by far the best. Non-advertised offerings without any retail price gouging at random times of day on random days.
jaggiemaggie
AG
When you guys go to Specs or TW, do you just ask any employee you see if they have a bottle of Blanton or do you have a strategy?
Sazerac
AG
Thought you would like that
AggBock
AG
I started this routine. ". I have been out of the country for 10 years. When I was here last I had a favorite, Weller Antique. What happened to it? You guys got any?"
Sazerac
AG
"You guys got any eagle rare? Or anything else you keep in the back?"
PearlandAg09
AG
I've gotten 4 bottles of Blanton's in the past 6 months, and each time it's been because I've asked in conversation with an employee. It's been about approach, for me at least.

I have never come across Blanton's on the shelf or even visible behind the counter at TW.

I also believe TW always has it, and how and to whom they decide gets it is a mystery to me.
AggBock
AG
"I got a nice crisp 20 for you if you can place a RHF in my hand"
CactusThomas
PearlandAg09
AG
that might be the ticket!
Post removed:
by user
07fta07
AG
I got WA107 today at two different TW just by saying "I heard some of the other TW in the area have seen some WA107 this week, any chance y'all have gotten some in that you haven't put out yet?" Both said "yep let me go grab one from the back for you." They brought me one and put one on the shelf.

Specs are different depending on location. Some work off lists and others will give you what they have in the managers office if you just ask. I was looking for EHT at one today and they said no but we have some ER if you want it. I'm stocked up on that so I said thanks but I'll leave it for someone else.

I know several TW have had Blantons and EHT this week, but they've been out when I've been there. And I always ask.
Sazerac
AG
Final CS update
Libations Bryan - nada
WB Bryan - nada
Big's - wow this place was awesome! Except everything was secondary prices! Tried to charge $75 For ER and $120 for EHT B and Rye.

Had some awesome stuff for "sale" though and his private collection on display

jwhitlock3
Hmm, I live here and I've never even heard of Big's. Kudos to you for your patience, I don't have the energy to hit that many places on a hunt.
Sazerac
AG
Dropped a dog at the vet so had 5 hours to kill...
trouble
AG
It's out by Copperfield.
SpiderDude
AG
Lol..."it's not for sale but if you throw me a crazy offer I'll consider it!" *rolls eyes*
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sometimes those will be used for raffles.
aTm '99
AggBock
AG
Bought a WFP today. What happed to the secondary list? Want to see if I got a deal. It is a store pick.
Sazerac
AG
That shelf really wasn't for sale. He had a TON of good stuff he would sell but prices were crazy.

CactusThomas
AG
How lame is it that he keeps his private bottles at his store? Like people are supposed to be impressed? Dude buys straight from the distributor and keeps it to himself
Texas_Aggie91
AG
WFP store picks are about $300-350 shipped on secondary.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
I live right by Big's. I got excited when I walked in there for the first time until I saw the prices.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Sorry you missed it, but I was able to grab this in town today about 90 mins ago.
First Page Last Page
Page 470 of 1096

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.