Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,837,185 Views | 38398 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Aggie Therapist
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did that for a couple of years. Got to the point I would get so mad at folks for not being honest that I quit doing it. I humbly take my lone bottle of BTAC each year for $180 and call it quits. My local liquor store unloaded 2 bottles of THH for $500 each. I quit.
austinag1997
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

austinag1997 said:

SpiderDude said:

Should be interesting to see what this ends up going for...

https://instagr.am/p/CAvF3eXnJMm

I have seen the set go for $10k+. I have been offered $3k for my bottle of 23 yr.
Sell it, turn around and buy another on secondary for $2k. Take your wife to a nice dinner.

Here's my really screwed up mental problem. My dad passed away hours after I bought that bottle... in 2014. It remains unopened.
Naveronski
AG
I'll try it. Thank you.
austinag1997
AG
Have any of you tried the Van Winkle Rye? If so, how does it compare to Boss Hog or THH?
jh0400
AG
VWFRR is good but not really comparable to either, because it's not a cask strength offering.
austinag1997
AG
Wheatables02 said:

austinag1997 said:

SpiderDude said:

I have seen the set go for $10k+. I have been offered $3k for my bottle of 23 yr.
If you pay more than $6500 for this, you've paid over secondary.

My buddy has a lot of disposable income. He goes to about 3 car auctions per year. Always to the Carmel auction. Sat behind Jay Leno last year. And he buys. So, he now wants to start going to the major whiskey auctions. He wanted to buy that collection. Eye roll. So, my question is can you buy every one of those on secondary for a particular year?
austinag1997
AG
jh0400 said:

VWFRR is good but not really comparable to either, because it's not a cask strength offering.

Meh, not worth the price then.
austinag1997
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Farmer1906 said:

EC18 is some of the best bourbon I've ever had.

Thin and over oaked

I think that changes year to year. I had one that was good, but had a dusty taste to it. Not sure how to describe it.
Avocado Toast
AG
Anyone in Denver like this stuff? There was another bottle behind this one. First time seeing Stagg in the wild.
MJ20/20
AG
If money is no object, you can get a hold of all of those bottles pretty quick.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
austinag1997 said:

Wheatables02 said:

austinag1997 said:

SpiderDude said:

If you pay more than $6500 for this, you've paid over secondary.

My buddy has a lot of disposable income. He goes to about 3 car auctions per year. Always to the Carmel auction. Sat behind Jay Leno last year. And he buys. So, he now wants to start going to the major whiskey auctions. He wanted to buy that collection. Eye roll. So, my question is can you buy every one of those on secondary for a particular year?
100%.
austinag1997
AG
Avocado Toast said:

Anyone in Denver like this stuff? There was another bottle behind this one. First time seeing Stagg in the wild.

Stagg Jr. Pretty good. Its been hot in the past. Harder to get lately.
John Francis Donaghy
Avocado Toast said:

This is Stagg Jr. younger, cheaper, and easier to find than George T. Stagg. But still a fantastic barrel proof bourbon, and still a pretty tough one to get a hold of. Great find!

If you're a generous soul I bet there'd be plenty of folks on this thread willing to pay your cost + shipping for the other bottle if you're willing to go back in a grab it.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Anyone in the Austin area have leads on a Lot B sitting on the shelf of a liquor store for secondary price? If so, please let me know.

Also, anyone in Austin want to swap a '17 GTS for an ORVW?
AggBock
AG
Avocado Toast said:

If you buy it please PM me. Very interested but in DFW and will pay to get it here.
austinag1997
AG
AggBock said:

Avocado Toast said:

If you buy it please PM me. Very interested but in DFW and will pay to get it here.

Ye Olde Whiskey mule. Join the club.
austinag1997
AG
Anybody have one of these?
austinag1997
AG
Anybody up for a trade? Little Book, Batch #1 "The Easy". Batch #1 from 2017. 128 proof. Located in Austin. Traveling to Katy tomorrow.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice laptop stand!
austinag1997
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Nice laptop stand!

My idea of remote working!
tlepoC
AG
I'm calling the service desk.
betadawg1
AG
austinag1997 said:

Anybody have one of these?

Haven't tried that one yet. How about this one?

SpiderDude
AG
austinag1997 said:

Anybody up for a trade? Little Book, Batch #1 "The Easy". Batch #1 from 2017. 128 proof. Located in Austin. Traveling to Katy tomorrow.

Why drive to Katy to make a trade when we can meet outside OLC?!
Superdave1993
AG
I nursed my little bottle for a year before it was gone. I really enjoyed it.
Sixdrakes
AG
You looking for anything in particular?
austinag1997
AG
That bottle has been traded. I'll look for other trades in the near future.
the dude10
the dude10
AG
I finally got around to unpacking my whiskey in the new house and got it settled into its new home. It might not be the most grandiose display but it sure looks good to me.

Farmer1906
AG
If you never buy another bottle, how long would that last you?
the dude10
AG
No idea why the pictures turned sideways but I think that would last me a few years at least. My wife enjoys it with me though so that cuts the time in half of what I could stretch it to myself.
the dude10
AG
Putting a little more thought into it I bet that would last more than 5 years. We keep about 10 or so open bottles at a time and they will last a few months typically. So ya, I have enough to last me awhile. You can see I have a rule that if I see a four roses private select or ECBP I'm buying it. I didn't do any hunting at all last year and pretty sparingly the year before that. Lucked into a few bottles here and there.
agcrock2005
AG
****ty collection. I don't see Weller 12.
TamuKid
AG
You're not doing it right!! Seems you are actually drinking your whiskey. You're not supposed to drink it. Just collect it, and most importantly show it off. Why are you hiding it in a closet!? It should be on a very visible, grandiose display shelf, to show everyone how awesome you are and what a great collection you have.
Sazerac
AG
I was shocked to see you were married. Not for the costs but that a wife would let you take over a pantry or closet for bourbon!

Bigfootisreal
I have the Makers 101- it is definitely hotter than the normal Makers. Just ok with ice- the higher proof doesn't add anything at least to my pallet. Now, mix it in an old fashioned and you are on to something!
First Page Last Page
Page 457 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.