Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,859,346 Views | 38608 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by h_town_ags
TAM85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W12, $26 at Total Wine. I going with that as what it is worth.
AggBock
AG
You just saw one?
MJ20/20
AG
Kentucky Spirit Single Barrel is excellent bourbon. My personal favorite of the wild turkey offerings, but I like them all.
TAM85
They had several and are gone by now. They were on the counter on the left when you walk in.
AggBock
AG
Which town are you in?
TAM85
Houston. Found a Blanton's on the counter 2 Saturdays ago, 1 per customer.
Sazerac
AggBock
AG
You got a great price. That is a good store there.
AggBock
AG
Who went by the I820 store and bought the guy out of George T Stagg? I went back to check price and it was all gone. Lol
Kool
AG

Apparently I need to work my way up before I can appreciate the Pappy. This stuff isn't bad, though
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sazerac
AG
Clay courts
lazuras_dc
AG
I mentioned going to total wine and seeing blantons/OWA/ER on their customer service counter. one per person per trip. Does total wine just randomly do this with various bottles of liquor ? That was my first time in there.
AGdent07
AG
The total wine by me typically has allocated bourbon at the customer service counter. Its one per person and first come. Not sure which location you are visiting but the one I go to has this every Saturday.
CactusThomas
AG

Blind tasting of similar proof bourbon.

Russell's Reserve Single Barrel
Baker's Single Barrel
OWA

That was my order of preference but the first two were 1a, 1b. OWA distant 3rd.
CactusThomas
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I mentioned going to total wine and seeing blantons/OWA/ER on their customer service counter. one per person per trip. Does total wine just randomly do this with various bottles of liquor ? That was my first time in there.

Yes, pretty much. The BTAC, Van Winkle go to Grand Reserve members. Typically in February.
AggBock
AG
So every Saturday they set out stuff? That is nice. The one in Fort Worth is picked clean and I never see allocated sitting out.
CactusThomas
AG
No, not every week. And it's more random than just Saturday. Could be during the week as well but lately Friday and Saturday have been good.
SpiderDude
AG
CactusThomas said:

No, not every week. And it's more random than just Saturday. Could be during the week as well but lately Friday and Saturday have been good.

Yeah. It's random AF and invariably I find out a few hours too late... but alas... that's the whiskey chasing game. I missed the Old Ezra 7 at $27 a bottle but I kept my composure and got it a week later at a Twin cuz I kept asking. Sure I paid a dozen more dollars a bottle but it's still great at that price point.
William Larue Weller
AG
AggBock said:

Are you guys having difficulty finding rock hill farms? Picked up a few last week.

RHF is my #1 unicorn right now (other than CYPB, which I've given up on). Where on earth did you find a few?
agcrock2005
AG
I got a W12 yesterday from a friend who has wholesale hookup. He said he talked to the wholesaler about the demand on W12 and he said it's way higher now than any of the of cheaper BT products (below BTAC) and the wholesale price is going up to approximately $60. Not sure I believe that. Have ya'll heard anything about this? If I were BT I'd want to get in on the money that's being shelled out for their products but I just don't see them doing that.
agcrock2005
AG
Trump 2020 said:

AggBock said:

Are you guys having difficulty finding rock hill farms? Picked up a few last week.
RHF is my #1 unicorn right now (other than CYPB, which I've given up on). Where on earth did you find a few?
Pretty confident he was kidding. I looked for 3 years for RHF and didn't have luck but traded W12 for one a couple months ago. Think the only way you can get one is by trading on secondary group on FB. If you have W12 (and possibly another bottle of something in demand) you can probably snag one. If you're in the DFW area and on FB shoot me PM and I'll invite you to group that I used to get mine.
AggBock
AG
Sorry. I did have too many pours that night.
SpiderDude
AG
Trump 2020 said:

AggBock said:

I would trade my RHF for an EHTBP or Weller BP.
BrownWater91
StEdsCOOG
lazuras_dc said:

My buddy was in the Total Wine off 99 and Grand Parkway a few Saturday's ago to grab his wife some wine. This a-hole drinks nothing but Miller Lite and CR Peach and he just happens to walk by the front counter as they put out a bottle of Elmer T. Lee. He had no idea what it was and after talking to the guy at the counter he decided to buy it. He called me once he got in his truck to see if I had ever heard of ETL and I told him he'll never see that bottle in the wild again. I just checked my text and looks like they put the bottle out around 1:45 and not first thing in the morning which makes it even crazier.
aggielostinETX
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

lazuras_dc said:

My buddy was in the Total Wine off 99 and Grand Parkway a few Saturday's ago to grab his wife some wine. This a-hole drinks nothing but Miller Lite and CR Peach and he just happens to walk by the front counter as they put out a bottle of Elmer T. Lee. He had no idea what it was and after talking to the guy at the counter he decided to buy it. He called me once he got in his truck to see if I had ever heard of ETL and I told him he'll never see that bottle in the wild again. I just checked my text and looks like they put the bottle out around 1:45 and not first thing in the morning which makes it even crazier.

They are doing that to stop the people rushing stores when they open
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
BrownWater91
https://imgur.com/d00rY40
Ducks4brkfast
AG
BrownWater91 said:

You should try opening and drinking bourbon too.

You might be surprised how much you like it.
jc1402
AG
Going to preface this with I am a complete bourbon novice. I know I like bourbon and can generally tell I like the nicer stuff more than the cheap stuff, and I don't like a lot of rye. That is about all I know.

My dad passed a couple years ago and I finally got around to raiding his liquor cabinet last month. He had a couple cheap bottles, a Woodford Reserve. He also had about 1/3 left of a bottle of Pappy and a bottle of Elmer T. Lee unopened.

I figured since the Pappy is already opened, I should continue drinking through that one special occasion at a time.

I am curious about y'all's thoughts on the Elmer T. Lee. Should I hold on to it for a while? Open it after the Pappy? If it is really as rare as you say, I feel like I should hold on to it and work my way up to it. But if it just nice, then I might as well enjoy it.
BrownWater91
All of those are delicious and most of them I am just saving for special occasions.
John Francis Donaghy
Elmer T Lee isnt super rare. It's just a good solid bourbon that has gotten caught up in the general insanity that people currently have about anything made at the Buffalo Trace distillery. Lee was about a $26 bottle when your father bought it, and it mostly sat on shelves at that price.

If you wanted to try to fl I'l p it, you could probably make a little bit of cash, but I would guess it wouldn't come close to the sentimental value of enjoying the bottle in your father's memory.

Chipotlemonger
AG
BrownWater91 said:

All of those are delicious and most of them I am just saving for special occasions.
That's a lot of special occasions. Open some.
BrownWater91
Currently have opened a EC18, CHT, and RC6. Just finished HH BiB. May trade the extra EC18 I have for something else. It was good. Just not the $135 price tag that came with it.
jh0400
AG
Not worth it
jc1402
AG
My thoughts exactly on flipping it. I was pretty surprised to see what bottles were going for when I first googled it. Going to enjoy it but just later rather than sooner.

The good thing about working my way up to enjoying a bourbon like that is I have a lot of solid options to start from. I've been lurking on this thread going through old posts for the past month or so getting a bunch of solid suggestions for where to start as a beginner bourbon drinker, so I appreciate everyone's input.
First Page Last Page
Page 445 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.