Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,749,143 Views | 37531 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
DonaldFDraper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

DonaldFDraper said:

What part of town?
Why in the hell would you ask where he went to get screwed? Nothing he said was good. You can find WSR anywhere. Some morons allocate it because people like Aggbock hear "weller" and buy it all but it's easy to find and it's $25.

EDIT: When I first got into bourbon a few years ago I did the same thing and bought a couple WSR because the rage was weller. I'm in FW area and I'll give you my unopened bottle if you want it.

My wife got fleeced on a bottle of Blanton's (Paid $200) as a gift at our neighborhood store in Southside Fort Worth so I was curious if it was the same store.

Also - no need to be so aggressive. The guy already overpaid. Send him the free bourbon. Haha
William Larue Weller
AG
SpiderDude said:

Anyone seen Old Ezra 7 on the shelf recently? Mine is dwindling fast and I'd like to get my hands on another bottle. I'd consider a trade for something of similar value. I'm kicking myself for not buying a backup bottle months ago when I had the chance.
I have one to trade, if you're still interested.
MW03
AG
jh0400 said:

Good chance I would've jumped on that GTS for $300.

Yeah, GTS was gong for 2-3 times that price pre-coronavirus
Wheatables02
AG
MW03 said:

jh0400 said:

Yeah, GTS was gong for 2-3 times that price pre-coronavirus

Recent years peaked at $425ish. Older ones from 6-8 years ago go for 600 plus
SpiderDude
AG
Yes, I am. How should I contact you?
William Larue Weller
AG
SpiderDude said:

Yes, I am. How should I contact you?

You can email me at texags2014 at yahoo dot com. Thanks.
PearlandAg09
AG
Weller SR is on the shelf at many mom and pop's in greater Houston, 50/50 at big box at MSRP, more so the first week or two of the month

The Total Wine in Pearland had 750s and handles of W12 on the shelf for about a week earlier this month. Seems it's about the same at stores I frequent. It is not hard to come by.
MW03
AG
PearlandAg09 said:

Weller SR is on the shelf at many mom and pop's in greater Houston, 50/50 at big box at MSRP, more so the first week or two of the month

The Total Wine in Pearland had 750s and handles of W12 on the shelf for about a week earlier this month. Seems it's about the same at stores I frequent. It is not hard to come by.

Conversely, I got wind that a store about 35 mins from me had received a shipment of Weller 12 and OWA. By the time I got there (around 11:30a), I got the last OWA and the manager told me the W12 had sold out within an hour of opening.
agcrock2005
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

agcrock2005 said:

DonaldFDraper said:

What part of town?
Why in the hell would you ask where he went to get screwed? Nothing he said was good. You can find WSR anywhere. Some morons allocate it because people like Aggbock hear "weller" and buy it all but it's easy to find and it's $25.

EDIT: When I first got into bourbon a few years ago I did the same thing and bought a couple WSR because the rage was weller. I'm in FW area and I'll give you my unopened bottle if you want it.

My wife got fleeced on a bottle of Blanton's (Paid $200) as a gift at our neighborhood store in Southside Fort Worth so I was curious if it was the same store.

Also - no need to be so aggressive. The guy already overpaid. Send him the free bourbon. Haha
Sorry. I thought you were actually interested in that pricing and wanted to make sure you knew that wasn't good. FYI, you can actually get Blanton's for less than $100 still on some of the Facebook groups if you're ever in the market again and don't want to get ripped off. Somehow a lot of these guys are getting cases at a time. Not sure if the restaurant closings has allowed some guys to get their product or what, but it would be nice to be in on those deals.

AggBock, if you want the WSR it's yours. I'm in mid-cities area. Leaving to hunt for a few days but back on Monday.
AggBock
AG
I appreciate the offer but I am good. I didn't spent the money on those. I walked out with sazerac rye for 25. I am interested in this Facebook group though. Can anyone share?
agcrock2005
AG
AggBock said:

I appreciate the offer but I am good. I didn't spent the money on those. I walked out with sazerac rye for 25. I am interested in this Facebook group though. Can anyone share?
Sent you pm.
SpiderDude
AG
Done.
MW03
AG
AggBock said:

I am interested in this Facebook group though. Can anyone share?
Ditto.
Fall92
AG
My local Spec's in Spring had 1L and 1.75L of WSR last time I was there. I've been milking a 1.75 during the quarantine in between good pours.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
the dude10
AG
jh0400 said:

With the other prices listed they are actually way low for GTS.
AggBock
AG
I didn't lay eyes on it nor do I fully remember price. I was already off balance by the 200 for Blantons
agcrock2005
AG
It's a DFW group, the one I was referring to. If you're in DFW pm me and I'll invite you.
Pigtails
AG
Fun woodworking project just completed. Had some fun with it.

Naveronski
AG
That's pretty cool.
lazuras_dc
AG
Yesterday I Picked up a 4roses single barrel and found an EHT small batch. Never had eht before so excited to try it.
TexAgs1992
Would you sell one of these? I'd buy one if you built a custom one for me. I guarantee you could make a business out of this.
Sazerac
AG
He's selling on classified board
AggBock
AG
It is really good and smooth. 4 roses single barrel was my go to until I tried this
Superdave1993
AG
Well not much good stuff makes it to Arkansas and I rarely find much on the shelves, but I scored two bottles of Larceny barrel proof this weekend. One to a buddy as a gift and found one online for pickup tomorrow. Hope it is as good as I have heard.
Pigtails
AG
Absolutely.
AggBock
AG
Well. I finely got lucky today. Walked into a store in Fort Worth and in the corner was a shelf with a bottle of Weller 12 and antique. I thought they were fakes at first. I picked up the 12 for $46 and the antique was $74. I feel like I hit the lotto. Can't wait to try em.
MW03
AG
AggBock said:

Well. I finely got lucky today. Walked into a store in Fort Worth and in the corner was a shelf with a bottle of Weller 12 and antique. I thought they were fakes at first. I picked up the 12 for $46 and the antique was $74. I feel like I hit the lotto. Can't wait to try em.

I'll tell you this much, I haven't been fortunate enough to land a W12. Never even had a sniff of it, really. But I did land a OWA for MSRP recently.

I'd like to think I am not subject to obvious confirmation bias or overrating something just because I got one. In fact, I think I tend to lean a little the other way just because I'm overly conscious of it.

I don't know how I'd feel if I'd paid $100+ for it, but I love it at the $59 or whatever I paid. It's a delicious pour.
lazuras_dc
AG
MW03 said:

AggBock said:

I'll tell you this much, I haven't been fortunate enough to land a W12. Never even had a sniff of it, really. But I did land a OWA for MSRP recently.

I'd like to think I am not subject to obvious confirmation bias or overrating something just because I got one. In fact, I think I tend to lean a little the other way just because I'm overly conscious of it.

I don't know how I'd feel if I'd paid $100+ for it, but I love it at the $59 or whatever I paid. It's a delicious pour.

I've gotten a few bottles of w12 at Msrp a year + ago then had a few pours at The George for a wedding about 6montha ago. just found and tried OWA a month ago I believe it's a better pour. It could be quarantine bias though.
AGdent07
AG
We did a blind taste of Weller full proof, 12, antique, and special reserve the other night. You can definitely tell them apart. Full proof is my favorite but 107 would be my regular since its much easier to find and a great bottle.

I'm on the lookout for another Weller FP since I've almost finished this bottle.
Kool
AG
A friend of mine has a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle that he opened a month ago. He drinks fairly rarely, mostly red wine. Serious question- will it age poorly after being opened, and what should he do to prevent that to the degree that he can? Besides, of course, inviting someone from this Forum over to finish it off for him. He was recently diagnosed with A-fib, and with that and Coronavirus and him mostly being a red wine drinker anyway, it might be sitting a bit.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SpiderDude
AG
Kool said:

A friend of mine has a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle that he opened a month ago. He drinks fairly rarely, mostly red wine. Serious question- will it age poorly after being opened, and what should he do to prevent that to the degree that he can? Besides, of course, inviting someone from this Forum over to finish it off for him. He was recently diagnosed with A-fib, and with that and Coronavirus and him mostly being a red wine drinker anyway, it might be sitting a bit.

As long as there's not a lot of air in the bottle it should be fine. As it approaches and passes half full it will oxidize faster. It can be placed in a smaller container (less interaction with air) to minimize this process.
AggBock
AG
If your friend is in need I can help. I can trade a new bottle of Weller 12 for the pappy. That way you will not have the oxygen issue.
Kool
AG
Thanks for the responses. I will check with him about the trade. I've been bringing some glasses and some Woodford Reserve in a small container that we sip after tennis, and he just told me about the new health issues. He said it's his turn to bring something and he brought this up. I wish I had a better sense of bourbons to be able to appreciate the Pappy, should he bring some. I can tell good from nasty, but I am not sure I can tell good from very good or even great in the bourbon arena.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
John Francis Donaghy
As an FYI, Pandora has a very decent bluegrass radio station that pairs nicely with a glass or two of Stagg Jr. For anyone looking for a little medicine for the soul, this combo definitely does the trick for me.
the dude10
AG
Just went back last night and revisited a store pick weller antique 107 I grabbed awhile back. When I originally opened it I thought it was pretty good, but after sitting and opening up a few months I thought it was very good. This is often the case for me, I really should just open a few bottles weeks before i intend to try them. I just can never resist getting a pour of a freshly opened bottle, even knowing I would appreciate it more after a few weeks
First Page Last Page
Page 442 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.