Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,497 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by TexAgs1992
AggBock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I opened my Dickle BIB today. Picked it up locally last month. I am also not too impressed. I tried it straight then I put a little Topo Chico on it. That was a bit better. Any suggestions?
Bert315
AG
AggBock said:

It is the normal small batch one. Bottles in bond. I found it in Weatherford Texas. They had 12 of them. Should I go get more tomorrow? I think they were $60. They told me they have blantons once a month. I think I will go every tuesday until I stumble on the blantons.

It's a good pour and if you like it l, it's probably worth getting another.

I'm in Katy and been looking for it without paying secondary prices. It's a hard to find just like Blantons but I personally like it better.
BeardofZeus01
AG
AggBock said:

I opened my Dickle BIB today. Picked it up locally last month. I am also not too impressed. I tried it straight then I put a little Topo Chico on it. That was a bit better. Any suggestions?

Send it to me ... you don't deserve the rest of it if you mixed it with Topo Chico.
Sazerac
AG
8 oz of Topo
Toss the Dickel
Sazerac
AG
I have a brevell smoking gun and some grolsch like bottles to make smoked Manhattans. Had them at a bar in NYC a few years ago.
Sazerac
AG
I think the EHT is great. Overpriced for me, but great. I like the Elijah Craig just as much and it's half the price and available.
CactusThomas
AG
I have a bottle or two too many of Blanton's. If anyone in the Corpus area wants to trade for one let me know. Not trying to get anything crazy for it.
jetch17
AG
cclearman said:

I think the EHT is great. Overpriced for me, but great. I like the Elijah Craig just as much and it's half the price and available.

EHT small batch at $37 is overpriced?
Sazerac
AG
$60 when I've seen it.

It's basically allocated these days. Not worth that IMO.

I have half a bottle left of the one I got end of year in the Hill country.
agcrock2005
AG
Dang. Where can you get it at that price? I haven't seen it less than $50 in 3 years.
jetch17
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Dang. Where can you get it at that price? I haven't seen it less than $50 in 3 years.

Came on 3 at downtown specs in March

Richards around town - at a couple reg spots get it at cost often
CactusThomas
AG
I don't have much trouble finding EHT small batch for $43
Farmer1906
AG
Dickle is terrible so that makes sense.
agcrock2005
AG
jetch17 said:

agcrock2005 said:

Came on 3 at downtown specs in March

Richards around town - at a couple reg spots get it at cost often
Wow. I'm not specifically looking for it anymore, which is good because it's not on the shelf at most places, but when I've seen it it's normally $50-55. Hell I saw one for $99 at Liquor Depot in DFW the other day. It was next to the $199 Blantons and $149 ECBP. But if I ever saw it for less than $40 I'd definitely buy it.
mazag08
AG
What's everyone seeing as far as inventory and prices at the big chain stores?

I was Specs off Jones Rd and 290 in Houston last week and half the scotch seemed missing, yet bourbon was fully stocked (not the hard to find stuff.. just the normal stuff on the shelves).
BeardofZeus01
AG
Anyone tried Kentucky Cream yet? Jim Rutledge's first release under his new self named distillery. Sourced a 12 yr bourbon and put a hefty price tag on it. Buddy of mine picked one up a couple days ago for $150 but hasn't opened it yet. Curious if anyone has any experience and their thoughts on it.
BeardofZeus01
AG
mazag08 said:

What's everyone seeing as far as inventory and prices at the big chain stores?

I was Specs off Jones Rd and 290 in Houston last week and half the scotch seemed missing, yet bourbon was fully stocked (not the hard to find stuff.. just the normal stuff on the shelves).

Hit a Specs in FW a week ago and it seemed pretty normal. Couple bottle each of Kentucky Owl Rye and Confiscated in the case, but nothing else seemed different. Grabbed a couple bottles of Belle Meade Cask Reserve at $55 each ... really tasty juice if you haven't had a chance to try yet.
AggBock
AG
If anyone in west Fort Worth is looking. I did a search today and found a place that has some crazy stuff but you pay. Guy had a bottle of eagle rare on the shelf behind register. He wanted 100 for it so I kind of scoffed. Then he told me he has Blantons and George t staff in back. I think it was 200 for blantons and 300 for stagg. I addition to that he had tons of handles of Weller for 44. Also had eh Taylor for 80. Just saying. Also had bakers and little book. I haven't seen most of this until today.
CactusThomas
AG
Ouch
jetch17
jetch17
AG
That's all ******ed
AggBock
AG
I would say it is all high except the Weller is a steal. You can't find that stuff.
jetch17
AG
AggBock said:

I would say it is all high except the Weller is a steal. You can't find that stuff.

Is it special reserve or 12/antique?

SR can be found by the load everywhere
AggBock
AG
It is SR and no, it can't be found by the load. I have had employees bring it to me from the back.
jetch17
AG
very plentiful in Houston - guess I just don't know any better
mazag08
AG
AggBock said:

It is SR and no, it can't be found by the load. I have had employees bring it to me from the back.

It's on the shelves here in Houston at every store I go into. Usually limit to 1 bottle, but it's there.
Sazerac
AG
Never see weller anymore in west Houston
SpiderDude
AG
AggBock said:

If anyone in west Fort Worth is looking. I did a search today and found a place that has some crazy stuff but you pay. Guy had a bottle of eagle rare on the shelf behind register. He wanted 100 for it so I kind of scoffed. Then he told me he has Blantons and George t staff in back. I think it was 200 for blantons and 300 for stagg. I addition to that he had tons of handles of Weller for 44. Also had eh Taylor for 80. Just saying. Also had bakers and little book. I haven't seen most of this until today.

I just bought Eagle Rare for $45 and still thought it was a bit high!
CactusThomas
AG
AggBock said:

If you say Weller SR is hard to find in your area, that's fine - I believe you. But why are you telling us that we can't find it when many of our shops are swimming in the stuff?
DonaldFDraper
AG
What part of town?
mazag08
AG
cclearman said:

Come to Cypress. Specs on Jones usually has it. Little liquor store on Huffmeister has it. Sometimes the Twin Liquor off 290 will have it too.
jetch17
AG
mazag08 said:

cclearman said:

Come to Cypress. Specs on Jones usually has it. Little liquor store on Huffmeister has it. Sometimes the Twin Liquor off 290 will have it too.

Specs on jones had a shelf full of SR this week - all TW's & goody goody on Voss have had cases on the floor last few times

Hell Costco seemingly always has SR handles
jh0400
AG
Good chance I would've jumped on that GTS for $300.
AggBock
AG
830 liquor on west 820 and camp Bowie.
agcrock2005
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

What part of town?
Why in the hell would you ask where he went to get screwed? Nothing he said was good. You can find WSR anywhere. Some morons allocate it because people like Aggbock hear "weller" and buy it all but it's easy to find and it's $25.

EDIT: When I first got into bourbon a few years ago I did the same thing and bought a couple WSR because the rage was weller. I'm in FW area and I'll give you my unopened bottle if you want it.
First Page Last Page
Page 441 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.